PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard Switch Labels

Justjoe
11-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Ok, so I'm throwing all kinds of new stuff on the boat this winter, and figured that if I'm going to do it, I might as well make it as perfect as I can. I chased down some old threads on getting new switch labels made, but found no resolution. Is there someplace that can produce these precut in the little s shape to fit the current space? I really don't care if MC does it, or if their supplier does it, or some super aggressive print shop produces it. I just want a perfect reproduction of the dash piece with different labels IE: Transom Lights, Tower Speakers, Rocket Launcher, Invisiblility Cloak, etc.

MC X-15
11-04-2008, 03:48 PM
try a sign shop like fastsigns or somehting similiar. A high end one can do most of that type of stuff. they will jsut need a sample.

wakeX2wake
11-04-2008, 03:51 PM
you could take all the machined plates off your dash and get a sign shop to print you a vinyl graphic as MC X-15 suggested that would cover up the whole dash plate and look somewhat OEM and i don't think it would come out looking bad at all

Justjoe
11-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Hmm, yeah, I really like the look of the machined dash, and am not williing to give that up. I have had dash pieces made for airplanes, but they were clean square plates, not the crazy shaped ones that we have. I mean, sure, maybe with a couple hours of dremel magic I could make it look close, but I want somthing out of the envelope that will be exact in size and shape. Plus, I figure that removing one of those things will pretty much destroy it, and it could be hard to take the bent up scrap to produce a QUALITY looking replacement.

Justjoe
11-04-2008, 03:59 PM
Hey, and not to thread jack my own, but four more posts and I become a "regular"!!! Is there some sort of ceremony?? I'm excited!

wakeX2wake
11-04-2008, 03:59 PM
what yr is your boat again?... i've had all of mine out on my 07 working on it... it's a cinch... take your switches out and there's a wing nut on the back... super easy yank out for myself... just be careful not to scratch when removing the switches

Justjoe
11-04-2008, 04:04 PM
It's an 07 (Skeelers old boat).

wakeX2wake
11-04-2008, 04:06 PM
i hope you find the answer for which you're looking... may it bring you peace and happiness and you can share it w/ me so i can do the same thing:D

Justjoe
11-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Yeah, you know it seems like there would be alot of people who would swap switches if it was made available. Seems like a no brainer for MC as an aftermarket (obviously highly overpriced, but desirable) option. I mean, afterall, you can change the color on the switch ends through the dealer.

Witness140
11-05-2008, 03:29 PM
I mean, afterall, you can change the color on the switch ends through the dealer.

Really? What are my choices? Getting ready to move into a new boat, tired of the red.....

wakeX2wake
11-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Really? What are my choices? Getting ready to move into a new boat, tired of the red.....

I WANT BLUE TO MATCH THE LEDs

Justjoe
11-06-2008, 06:32 AM
The switches are available in blue, green, red, or white lights. My 197 has them in blue, and they look sharp. The x2 has red, but having changed the led's in the hull from red to blue I'll be changing the switches to match. Your dealer should be able to hook you up on getting the new ones, and I think the price for the parts are between 12 and 20 per switch.

Justjoe
11-06-2008, 06:35 AM
These are pretty mainstream switches, and are widely available. Do a search on "Toggle Switch" for info...