PDA

View Full Version : Where to get HOOK added?

32offer
11-04-2008, 02:57 PM
I have an '02 Prostar 197 and would to get the "hook" added to the transom. I live west of Kansas City. Anyone know where I could get this done somewhere close? I'd prefer to take it to someone who has done this before.

3event
11-04-2008, 05:09 PM
I'm interested somewhat, as I have the same boat. But seeing no response here, maybe start with your local dealer. If they haven't a clue what you are talking about, try calling MC.

corey
11-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Adding hook can be a bit of trial and error. To much hook can cause the boat to porpise and not enough may not flatten the wake enough. I mention this because like adding pull to a rudder it may take several tries to get it just right.

I know we have not done this, not saying we couldnt but we havent.

You might want to give the boys are Redline Watersports a call. I think they might have done one, ask for Paul, Mike or Brian, they'll know what you're talking about.

ttu
11-04-2008, 06:11 PM
I have an '02 Prostar 197 and would to get the "hook" added to the transom. I live west of Kansas City. Anyone know where I could get this done somewhere close? I'd prefer to take it to someone who has done this before.

might call xtreme marine in kc. they "used" to be a long time mc dealer so the owner may have some insight.

3event
11-04-2008, 06:13 PM
There was definitely a thread on here somewhere, some time ago, that discussed who had actual molds and how it was done. So I believe there is a process available that is somewhat official and is detailed (ie dimensioned and defined).

So if you have some time to play with the search function, try your luck and bump the thread if you find it......

3event
11-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Nevermind, here it is:

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=5213&highlight=hooking+hull

States that Mid Ohio Watersports has done some hulls. Also states:

My '02 PS 197 is being "hooked" as we speak. Should be done in a day or so. Work is being performed by Texas MasterCraft in Fort Worth, TX. Jimmie says the glass guy has the jigs direct form MasterCraft engineering to fit it just like the '03-05's

So you should have a couple dealers you could call to see if they can suggest anyone closer..... good luck and post results if you do it !

atlfootr
11-04-2008, 07:31 PM
My '02 PS 197 is being "hooked" as we speak.
Should be done in a day or so. Don't forget ......

Stritt
11-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Call Dave @ Ski and Sports in Shell Knob on Table Rock Lake. We purchased a 03 209 that needed "hook" added and they took care of us. Dave and April were great people to work with.

Chicago190
11-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Could a similar effect be achieved by adding some sort of trim tab or wake plate?

east tx skier
11-04-2008, 09:25 PM
Call a bunch of dealers and see who they farm their glass work out to. Get recommendations and talk to the person before you let them do it. If they've done a couple, you'll get a good idea quick as to how comfortable they are doing it. As mentioned earlier, trial and error.