PDA

View Full Version : the FIX MY FORM thread

Pages : [1] 2

betsy&david Harrison
08-12-2004, 11:46 AM
Lets all become better skiers. Send photos in and help each other improve! We all know we can't see everything in a photo...but something just might "click" :rolleyes:

east tx skier
08-12-2004, 12:34 PM
This should be a good one. I need some wake-crossing pictures first.

bcampbe7
08-12-2004, 12:51 PM
I will be on Table Rock Lake near Branson, MO this coming week on my '04 Phantom Truth with Animal bindings. I should also have some wakeboarding pics as well. I will get them posted when I get back.

tall_ andy
08-12-2004, 01:02 PM
I am going to try and get out this afternoon. No course, but I'll take any help offered. Just be gentle, I haven't skied for about 5 years previous to getting my "new" MC. Best money I've ever spent!!!!

betsy&david Harrison
08-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Just cleared the dig. cam. and I'm ready to go....wake crossing, turn balls...oh..and won't forget to take a portrait of the "beast"

John B
08-12-2004, 10:37 PM
Portrait of the "beast" what do you mean? :D

betsy&david Harrison
08-12-2004, 11:24 PM
Look in the thread about what are you pulling your boat with. Keep an eye out for the "beast." It is a disgrace in this thread topic.

John B
08-13-2004, 08:17 AM
Pictures are from last month(7/16/04)
I was running at 30.4 mph at 15 off.
My gate timing was give me a hard time.
MY course did not 55 meter balls. I put them this week and now my 30.4 and 32.3 passes are a walk in the park.
I'm now working on 34.2. Three at 34.2 is the best I can do so far. My driver told me yesterday that my PP was running hot at 34.2 the boat speed was 35.1 still got 3 balls.

This is the preturn for ball 1

John B
08-13-2004, 08:20 AM
Preturn 4 ball

BriEOD
08-13-2004, 08:28 AM
John,

Hand on the thigh? :confused: That's a new one.

Sounds like you're getting better, keep it up!

John B
08-13-2004, 08:42 AM
Look closer it is not on my thigh

betsy&david Harrison
08-13-2004, 12:40 PM
In both photos you are bent forward at the waist rounding the balls. Chest out and shoulders back. One of the keys to making the 34 pass is to make nice slow wide turns. Don't begin the pull until your ski passes under your rope.

BriEOD
08-13-2004, 01:58 PM
You are right. My apologies. An optical illusion.

John B
08-15-2004, 08:21 AM
Brian, no apologies needed,I though the same thing the first time I saw it.

Betsy, I went out with a coach/instructor on Friday.
He said the same thing on you did. He though I was breaking at the waist in my preturn to slow the ski down. He said to bring my hips forward more to slow the ski. I have pictures of a full pass at 15 off 32 MPH that were taken on last Thursday 8/12/04 Here they are. What do you think ?
Ball one

John B
08-15-2004, 08:25 AM
Preturn ball two

John B
08-15-2004, 08:26 AM
Comming off ball two

John B
08-15-2004, 08:27 AM
Ball three

John B
08-15-2004, 08:29 AM
Ball four :D

John B
08-15-2004, 08:31 AM
Ball five :D

John B
08-15-2004, 08:32 AM
and ball six

John B
08-15-2004, 08:42 AM
This is a ball 4 shot from another pass and I know I need to keep my eyes open.

jimmer2880
08-15-2004, 12:05 PM
I'm no pro... and by all means - don't look at my photos as an example - but....

It looks like you have an awful lot of ski out of the water in mid-late turn & when you start to "dig in" for the pull. Are you pushing the ski forward during your turn? Kind of looks like that to me. I don't think that's good - but don't quote me. Maybe it is.

stevo137
08-15-2004, 12:17 PM
Editing option.

BriEOD
08-15-2004, 02:12 PM
That turn looks pretty good to my novice eyes.

MarkP
08-15-2004, 08:50 PM
I agree Brian.. I would take it..

betsy&david Harrison
08-16-2004, 11:11 AM
We had a great weekend. Sorry this is fuzzy. What have you got to say?

betsy&david Harrison
08-16-2004, 11:16 AM
My friend calls this the Chicken Wings mode...

jake
08-16-2004, 11:21 AM
Looks really good to me! Soft knees, hips forward, arms/hands down, head up, shoulders square to boat.....get r' done!

What do you mean by "chicken wings mode"?

betsy&david Harrison
08-16-2004, 11:33 AM
I had to play with the photo size mode..here is the pic with it now.

betsy&david Harrison
08-16-2004, 11:40 AM
So, here is my other half..not a great start.

betsy&david Harrison
08-16-2004, 11:46 AM
This our friend Dave Hogle...our coach since day one. Usually skies into 39off but coming off a rib break from the line snapping as he was going through the gates about a month ago.

east tx skier
08-16-2004, 11:49 AM
No pics from the weekend, but had a family member who used to be a slalom coach working with us. Got some good sets in by the end of the trip.

east tx skier
08-16-2004, 11:57 AM
John B, you and Betsy appear to be head and shoulders above me when it comes to course skiing, but in the nature of the thread, and to seguay well into it, let's talk about heads and shoulders. John, look at the picture of Betsy crossing the wake. She's got her shoulders squared really well. In at least one picture (and it's just one picture "coming off ball 2) you've got your shoulders a little closed off. But then again, you're just coming off the ball, so it's hard to tell.

He||, you guys are so far beyond my abilities, it's hard to say much. Keep it up, looks good! I'll get some pictures of me up at some point and it'll probably be a field day. :D

bradamerry
08-16-2004, 12:32 PM
OK, you folks who can really ski I have a question. Ball one is my bad side, I can make it through the gates and around it fine, but I have little chance of making it around ball two. I skied 30mph at 15 off, I know I should start with all the rope, but I get to much slack in it! Help. I almost broke ribs trying to throw my ski around ball two. I said I would go all out and see what happens, well it just happens to be I SUCK.

Jorski
08-16-2004, 01:50 PM
bradamerry,

If you are having trouble getting across course to 2 ball, you need to work on acceleration. A few ideas for you to try:

1) Go out free skiing and repeatedly pull/lean out from just outside the wake in the direction that you are weakest. If you have trouble making 2 ball, then do this to the left. Try to get your body into a levered position (Bettsy's lean is a good example). At these lengths you can make a terrible turn and still make it across if you have a decent pull.

2) Slow down your turn around one ball. Do this in order to get a better pull to 2 ball. I was given the advice once that you have to make station wagon turns and Ferari pulls. Most of us get that backwards. Also, remember to start the pull after the ski has completed the turn, if you pull before the turn is completed you lose angle.

3) Get someone to video tape you...where are you looking after the turn ? Are you pulling through both wakes ? Is the ski doing what it is supposed to do (ie no wheelies etc) ? Are you breaking at the waist etc. ?

4) Tie a rope to a tree and practice the correct body position for the pull.

Finally, you mention that you are having a problem with slack at longer lengths. This suggests that you are getting onto a flat ski in between the pull and the pre-turn. you need to go directly from pulling edge to turning edge. You should be on the inside or turning edge of the ski while you are decelerating.

Hope that helps.

jake
08-16-2004, 01:54 PM
Doug: how in the world did you get 2,340 posts already? That might be my first suggestion for "improving your form".....cut your Team Talk time in half :uglyhamme

btw...put the Acme 3 blade on this weekend...love it

east tx skier
08-16-2004, 02:04 PM
Jake, glad you're enjoying the prop. And you're "improving your form" suggestion is probably right on the $$.

Brad, did you have fun? Are you hooked? Everything I've ever heard from people who know more about it than I do is exactly what Jorski said. Also, and this may be obvious, you want to be early to the ball, that is, you want to start your turn before you get to the ball so that you're finishing your turn around it. If you don't, you'll be that much further down course by the time you start your pull for the next ball.

Position, position, position. Do you have the video?

Oh, also, after you've done the lean outside the wake drill to work on position, you can work on spraying the balls or the mini-course to get your timing down.

Keep after it. Even when you're bad at it like I am, it's addictive. You get around that first ball, look over at the second one, and think, hey, I can get that. Thinking that, I generally tend to forget everything I've ever learned about skiing and try to wing it, break at the waist and cartwheel across the water praying my ski isn't headed for the base of my skull (which is where I've got my hands positioned to catch it).

Watch the video if you've got it.

Oh yeah, if directing it to "those who can really ski" was an attempt to keep me from responding, fat chance. 8p

DanC
08-16-2004, 02:10 PM
Bradamerry, If you can not make it to ball 2 and you are down to 30 mph and getting slack (I would advise long line but...) then

1) Do not use the entrance gates. Set up on the ball one side, outside ball one and start your run from there.

2) Run a mini course. There are several different methods. One is to "shadow" each turn ball. In other word, don't pull all the way out to the turn ball, turn inside of it.

3) Jorski has some excellent advice. At this point for you it is not about turns around the bouys it is about getting from bouy to bouy. Advice 2) above will allow you to concentrate on that.

John B
08-16-2004, 02:57 PM
Bradamerry,What I did the first few time I was in a course was go in front of the gate.
Do your pullout as wide as the turn balls.
Turn in for the gate as the bow of the boat goes thought the gate.
Get a good angle against the boat.
Once you start your gate turn and set your angle against the boat don't change it till you cross the second wake.
Ski out to ball one not at ball one.
Start your turn before you get to the ball.
Get to ball one early and turn early.
If you are haveing a hard time with 30.4 mph drop the speed down to 28.6 till you can run a full pass at that speed. :D

jake
08-16-2004, 03:08 PM
Check out Schnitz's "skiing by coordinates" approach. It's quite simple, which I think is a big benefit to newer course skiers like myself. It puts lot's of what we're trying to accomplish with all the complex position and timing elements into a simple approach.

http://www.schnitzskis.com/pages/460851/index.htm

bradamerry
08-16-2004, 04:48 PM
Doug I was waiting for your response!! Thanks for the help guys, now Tim and I have to get a boat running for the camping trip.

east tx skier
08-16-2004, 05:25 PM
Ha ha. You know what they say, those who can't do, spout about it on the internet. Any word on what might be up with your boat?

bradamerry
08-16-2004, 06:04 PM
Mine is now running. I got it running this weekend, BriEOD will tell me "I told you so", I spent about 2 hours filing the points!! :mad: So by the time I got pulled in and filed the points, I had to start cooking baby back ribs for the 17 people camping with us. That pretty much shot saturday. It ran well Sunday, so I pulled some of the young boys through the course. And by the time I was going to try again I was ready to go home(around 4:30pm w/a 3 hr. drive home), so I left. I just need to find time to change the points in it this week.

bradamerry
08-16-2004, 06:09 PM
Doug, I just need the winter months to do all the stuff I want to work on the boat!! I am looking for a theme for the interior. If anybody has any thoughts, shoot. I like the flames I saw on motorbox on somebody's boat here, but I want something unique.

betsy&david Harrison
08-16-2004, 08:44 PM
JohnB You are a lefty forward like I am. Our good turns are 1/3/5. Here we seem to keep our upper torso in the correct position but as soon as we approach 2 and 4 we get pulled forward off the wake. I do the same thing. So, what I worked on this weekend were two main focuses. First, When approaching the turns for gate, 2 and 4, I always told myself to turn my hipships and the second was to push my ski through the wakes. I was able to ski my 34 passes with out problems. You look great :D on the 1/3/5 turns. Does your driver tell you that you are pulling the boat down? Just looks like you might be starting your pull too soon. Let your ski finish by turning your hips. Gets you wide and early my friend!Betsy

betsy&david Harrison
08-16-2004, 08:50 PM
Bradamerry. just try a few simple ideas. First make sure your knees are bent around 1 ball, not leaning with your upper body, then when you come around 1 ball think about turning/cranking your hips around, hold your elbows in at your waist on your vest side and go for the ride. Tell me what happens when you try it. KISS..keep it simple stupid...method. Betsy

bradamerry
08-17-2004, 03:18 PM
Thanks, I will try that. I just need alot of work to get better.

east tx skier
08-19-2004, 10:40 AM
Brad, once you hit that course a few more times, I can't recommend a good ski school highly enough. My wife and I have been twice in the last two years. My brother in law seems to have benefitted the most from it. He went from never having skied a course to getting 4/6 balls in the first day.

Not sure what's in northern Louisiana, but you guys probably aren't too far from Bennett's.

John B
08-19-2004, 07:35 PM
Ball 3 15 off 34 MPH

captkidd
08-27-2004, 01:36 PM
Not by best turn, but maybe you folks could give me some pointers:

Kell
08-27-2004, 01:44 PM
Captkid,
Simply an amazing shot! I'm an intermediate skier, and can only hope someday I too can have a shot like that! Your form looks just fine to my untrained eye! ;)

MarkP
08-27-2004, 02:03 PM
Cap,

Is that you??:eek: !!

captkidd
08-27-2004, 03:26 PM
Who me? Of course not, that's Andy Mapple. I just thought that maybe we could help him with his form. :D

Hey, if John (Show Off!) can post pictures of Drew Ross then why can't I post pictures of Andy Mapple?

Sorry, it's Friday and I'm bored.

bcampbe7
08-27-2004, 03:58 PM
So captkidd is Andy Mapple?!?

MarkP
08-27-2004, 04:57 PM
Cap

I was looking for a yes…

I know that guy. I have a poster just like that in the garage. With the all of the girls in my house, the garage is the only place that I can “express myself”.. Everything else is PINK:eek:

east tx skier
08-27-2004, 05:12 PM
Looks like a little got on your engine box, Mark.

Kidding! Kidding!

MarkP
08-27-2004, 05:37 PM
HEY, that’s just bad lighting :mad:

bradamerry
08-27-2004, 08:22 PM
:confused: It's Ok MarkP, I see guys on the golf course wearing pink shirts and shorts all the time!

André
08-27-2004, 08:26 PM
...Yes.But on a ski boat???

LOL

bradamerry
08-27-2004, 08:34 PM
If it works?? :confused: I guess.

MarkP
08-27-2004, 08:56 PM
Yep, On a SKI BOAT:cool:

John B
08-28-2004, 09:06 AM
Not by best turn, but maybe you folks could give me some pointers:
Boy Captkidd, you had me going on that on.
I was thinking, if this guy can ski like that I better stop posting pictures of my pitiful little turns.
I was also thinking, why would someone who can ski like that be addicted the Team Talk.
The only advice I had was get a better camera.

captkidd
08-30-2004, 03:04 PM
Sorry guys; I couldn't resist. If I posted an actual picture of me skiing I would probably be too embarrassed to show my :o around here again.

MarkP
08-30-2004, 03:26 PM
Cap

I’m sorry to say, you may HAVE to post a photo now:rolleyes:

betsy&david Harrison
08-30-2004, 06:07 PM
Captkidd...what a great spoof! I looked at your photo and studied it and said to myself..wish I could ski like that. Mapple! Funny guy! Had me going really good. Now lets see the real you....

I'm out of commission for a bit..damaged my elbows at work and can't keep ahold of the handle. Lovely cortisone shots in both elbows this a.m. Oooh feels goood now. Not! :eek:

stevo137
08-30-2004, 06:20 PM
Again, another bad pic of me with a pic phone and first time on the water in almost 5 weeks. I think I'm going with the Canon and I will have it in time for the weekend. Man I'm sore! and Brian and John, I even fell a few times! :D

MarkP
08-30-2004, 06:41 PM
Stevo, Bet your happy to be back out..:toast: Wish I could be buying a camera right now. If I could it would be that Canon too. Most bang for the buck!! I like the D70 and D100 A lot though..

stevo137
08-30-2004, 07:03 PM
Mark, it felt great to get on the water again and I think I might have a chance to get to know the guy with the accu-sink. I'm going to ask him if I can join in some time and offer a pull. Weekdays in Sept. is great, the lake is clear and he might leave it out for a few days. I try to imagine the balls when I free ski but nothing compares to skiing the course. Open water is like the practice swing, in the course, you need to square up. It really humbles you. Either way, I'm back! :D

Leroy
08-30-2004, 07:45 PM
CaptKidd;
It doesn't look too bad, but you really need to stand up a bit more, your almost in the water with your shoulder. Now here's a pix you could write a book on....all the wrong things!

MarkP
08-30-2004, 07:53 PM
Leroy,

It all looks cool to me

BriEOD
08-30-2004, 08:13 PM
At least you are skiing! I'm waiting any day for this baby. I lost a few shingles off my roof yesterday in the Tropical Storm and I hope like hell Hurricane Frances doesn't come to Charleston. Send it into the Gulf or S.America. We have been getting killed this year so far!

stevo137
08-30-2004, 08:24 PM
It would be nice if after that babie arrives I could send you and your better half some Chicago pizza. I'm going to check into it. There must be a way.

BriEOD
08-30-2004, 08:25 PM
Oh man that would be awesome!

stevo137
08-30-2004, 08:48 PM
There is a company that will do it. I will post it on food.

Leroy
08-31-2004, 08:56 AM
Thanks MarkP, this is the best I get after harping on the family to take pix of me :rolleyes: oh well have a lot of me getting ready to say driver and with bimini pole beside me :purplaugh I need them to talk to JohnB photographer!

betsy&david Harrison
09-01-2004, 05:36 PM
JohnB...great ski weekend out in Bakersfield this weekend. Three tournaments. Come check it out...we'll put you up for a few days. Here are the directions if you want...better yet e-mail me if it works for you at harrisonb3415@yahoo.com. Betsy

stevo137
09-01-2004, 08:47 PM
I moved the pizza to "food".

betsy&david Harrison
09-01-2004, 09:56 PM
Where are the turn balls?

John B
09-02-2004, 09:06 AM
Betsy,
Thank you for the offer, but I have to work. :(
Last month I set a goal that I would make my 15 off 34 mph pass.
I did it on the 31 with one pass left for the month! :banana:
Yesterday I ran 3 balls at 22 off 34 mph.
My new goal is a full pass at 22 off by the end of this month. :D

John B
09-02-2004, 12:29 PM
Today, I made 3 1/2 balls at 22 off 34 mph.
I made it around ball 4 but did not make it back to the wake in time. :(
But tomorrow another day.
New goal it will be done by the end of next week. :D
(full pass)

Leroy
09-02-2004, 01:50 PM
A course would be easy for me, one ball is enough ;)

I don't know of any courses around here, but all of these pix and talk is starting to make me want to try one!

betsy&david Harrison
09-02-2004, 03:31 PM
Way to go! My goal was to ski a full pass at 22 off/34mph by the end of this summer...well ski season...Oct. I may end up having surgery on my elbows soon...next season I'll tear it up again. So sorry you have to work the weekend. I'm a teacher so I get the three days off. :D

stevo137
09-03-2004, 11:48 PM
Still a pic phone but I did buy the camera tonight after we finished. Timing is not quite right yet. I should be able to get a couple of decent pics this weekend. Maybe you can give me a few tips.

bcampbe7
09-04-2004, 07:54 PM
Here is a pic of my wife. I think she does pretty good, but I am not a skier. If anyone has some pointers please post.

André
09-04-2004, 08:05 PM
Should have post in the swimsuit pics topics!
You can calm her down now,she does look good in that picture... :uglyhamme
...and very serious about skiing!
Good pix! :banana:

MarkP
09-04-2004, 08:46 PM
Dude would you be angry if I moved this photo to the correct thread?? :wavey:

stevo137
09-04-2004, 10:11 PM
I do not see any areas that need improvement! :D
I new somebody else was holding out on a swimsuit pic.
OK Beau, time for a swimsuit pic. Give it a try!

John B
09-04-2004, 11:13 PM
She looks good, real good.
Two thing I see that she needs to work on.
First: She need to smile, lets see those pearly whites.
Second: The way she is holding the rope handle, she should hold it like a baseball bat.
You need to get pictures of her in a turn and coming out of the turn.
You can post them of any thread you like, she looks great! :D

bcampbe7
09-05-2004, 10:35 AM
Stevo-
Just got the pics back from our trip to Table Rock Lake.

Thanks for the comments everyone...

Mag_Red
09-06-2004, 09:52 PM
OK...let me have it!http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=595&stc=1

ski_king
09-06-2004, 09:59 PM
Mag Red,

Looks great! The look of concentration.
I am glad to see others about my age doing this.

Mag_Red
09-06-2004, 10:20 PM
Mag Red,

Looks great! The look of concentration.
I am glad to see others about my age doing this. LOL My Dad, 83, slomomed up until last year! This year it was just too much for him. :( So at 48, I think I'm doing pretty well. This was one of the first pics I ever saw of my mad skiing skills. To me, it looks like the ski should be flatter....but what the hell do I know? :wavey:

John B
09-06-2004, 11:22 PM
Mag Red,
You need to get you shoulders back.
If you look at page 2 of this thread there is a picture of me in about the same part of a turn.
That look at were my shoulders are.
Is at a Mapple that you are on?
The bottom of it looks like a 2001 Mapple. :D

Mag_Red
09-07-2004, 05:09 AM
John I believe the ski is the "Siege" I know it was one step down from the Maple. So what benefit will I get by getting my shoulders back???

John B
09-07-2004, 08:26 AM
Mag Red,
By having your shoulders back you will be in a better position for the pull and that will give you a better wake crossing.
If are broke at the waist, with your shoulders forward, and your hips back when you get the pull coming out of a turn. It will put a lot of stress on your on your lower back.
You want to keep your hips forward and your shoulders back. :D

John B
09-07-2004, 09:05 AM
Here is one of the things that can happen when you brake at the waist. :D

John B
09-07-2004, 09:08 AM
Here comes the wipeout :D

east tx skier
09-07-2004, 10:22 AM
Nice pics, John. Mag, try to square your shoulders to the boat (this might be the same as keeping them back, but to me, it's easier to visualize).

André
09-07-2004, 07:56 PM
From what i have been reading for the last years in Waterski magazine,it seems that Pro skiers are more opening theirs shoulders toward the boat then before.
Does "square or back" would mean close like in t- line with the boatpath?
I found that i can keep a better crossing position when i open my shoulders toward the boat.(Not completely open,about 2/3).

Mag_Red
09-07-2004, 08:36 PM
:confused: I'm not sure either exactly what you all mean by "square " your shoulders. Parallel or perpendicular to the path of the boat??? The line???

André
09-07-2004, 09:08 PM
Mag red
For me, i met TEE line like perpendicular to the boat path. And by open,i mean both shoulders facing more toward the pylon...

stevo137
09-07-2004, 09:27 PM
Here is a super pic that Doug posted that shows great position.

stevo137
09-07-2004, 09:38 PM
And of course, the ultimate, Mapple still using RTP.

Mag_Red
09-07-2004, 11:11 PM
Mag Red,
You need to get you shoulders back.
If you look at page 2 of this thread there is a picture of me in about the same part of a turn.
That look at were my shoulders are.
Is at a Mapple that you are on?
The bottom of it looks like a 2001 Mapple. :Dhttp://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=626&stc=1 it looks about the same to me :confused:It looks like you are about a few seconds more into your turn though.

John B
09-07-2004, 11:57 PM
If I put the pictures a little closer together can you see the difference? :confused:

Mag_Red
09-08-2004, 12:11 AM
If I put the pictures a little closer together can you see the difference? :confused:
Yeah ....I see that your shoulders are a little further back and it looks like I'm goofy footed and you're not :headbang:

east tx skier
09-08-2004, 10:22 AM
And just in case somebody misunderstands Stevo, that's not me in the picture. :D But it is great position --- Square shoulders hips out, handle down, soft knees. You could draw a line from that guys chin, straight down his arms, down the rope to the boat.

/note to self, ski like that guy.

stevo137
09-09-2004, 07:40 PM
Doug, you should at least take credit for taking a great pic! ;)

BriEOD
09-09-2004, 07:49 PM
Mag Red, try evenly distributing your weight across both feet a little more. It looks like your tail walking a little bit. Not that I'm much better but this is a form thread, just my humble opinion.

Yeah, Doug we know that's not you. Just look at the bathing suit!! :noface:

Did I mention I switched to espresso and choclate covered espresso beans this week? Who needs sleep!! :eek:

MarkP
09-09-2004, 07:50 PM
That is a nice shot. My photographer must not get it.:mad: . I keep telling him to take pictures of me like that, but noooo,:noface: ..

MarkP
09-09-2004, 07:52 PM
Good evening Brian. Or is it morning:huh: ?

BriEOD
09-09-2004, 07:53 PM
Good evening Mark, I've been deficient in my TT duties. Taking a little study break after changing a diaper. The little guy is pretty cool!

MarkP
09-09-2004, 07:55 PM
Great Brian. Enjoy it. A lot of guys miss what you are getting to do..:toast:

BriEOD
09-09-2004, 08:03 PM
No other then the missed sleep and getting pee'd on I'm there!

east tx skier
09-10-2004, 11:47 AM
Hey, watersports is watersports.

A chocolate covered espresso bean would make my day!

John B
09-10-2004, 09:19 PM
This picture is from yesterday.This morning before I went out I was looking at it and how stiff my front leg is.
Yesterday I set a PB at 5 balls at 22off 34 mph.
Today on the first set It was a battle just to get 3 balls at 22off 34mph. :mad:
At the end of the set I started jumping the wake and that is when I realize that I was stiffing up my front leg bracing for the hit of the wake.
At 22off behind all MasterCrafts it is a hard hit,but I've been told that mine is the worst. :eek: (it is a 96 PS 190)
What I was told to do was, when I start my gate turn to bend my front knee and push the front of the ski down.
Well it worked on the second set I run a opener at 22off 34mph like it was a wall in the park. :D
My new PB is 2 balls at 28off 34mph. :woohoo:

stevo137
09-10-2004, 09:43 PM
Editing option.

John B
09-11-2004, 12:04 AM
Stevo,
I have not seen all of the pictures from yesterday yet and none from today.I was told there is one of me going though the gates from yesterday.I wont get them till Monday. When I get them I will post some wake crossing.
If you are open water skiing and you want to get out of the wake go to 28 or 32 off or shorter. :D

stevo137
09-11-2004, 11:56 PM
Didn't feel that good on the water today. Form can get sloppy when you are tired and haven't had much time on the water. At least my son got one decent pic. We'll keep working on it.

betsy&david Harrison
09-12-2004, 11:41 PM
John B
Once again...great photos and great improvement! :D The offer is still out there if you want to come ski with us. Next weekend?? Then you can meet Dave and Mari Stewart and can't tell me you don't know them :>). You and whomever can sleep in our 30' trailer. Just need to know ahead of time if you can make it. Oh...how about your photographer...bring him along!

stevo137
09-13-2004, 10:14 AM
I'm going to take a look at those Nikons. Not happy with this camera. :(

John B
09-13-2004, 04:12 PM
Stevo,
I still haven't seen all of last weeks pictures but here is one after I hit the BUMP.I don't think my knees could be much softer. I had good acceleration but I think I might have lost my edge. :D

John B
09-13-2004, 04:21 PM
I have allot of bad shots like that you guys just don't get to see them.
You get to see the ones I like to show.
Like this one. :D

bcampbe7
09-13-2004, 04:27 PM
They are all awesome JohnB!

stevo137
09-13-2004, 05:34 PM
Ready for the "bump"

John B
09-13-2004, 08:43 PM
John B
The offer is still out there if you want to come ski with us. Next weekend?? Then you can meet Dave and Mari Stewart and can't tell me you don't know them :>). You and whomever can sleep in our 30' trailer. Just need to know ahead of time if you can make it. Oh...how about your photographer...bring him along!
Betsy,
I might take you up on your offer this weekend.
Not sure if we will drive up or fly.
I was told that one of those private lakes in Bakersfield has a landing strip. Is that true and it the lake you are at?
If not how close is the nearest landing strip we could use?
I figure out who Dave and Mari met at Lake Elsinore.
It is a guy by the name of Loren. He doesn't own a ski shop.
He own two of the marinas here in Big Bear.
He said the last time he skied Elsinore was about five year ago. He also said he might be interest and coming this weekend. Scott the photographer said he would like to go but he not sure he can get away. I will keep you posted on the plans :D :headbang: :D

stevo137
09-13-2004, 09:59 PM
I get your point John. Later.

John B
09-13-2004, 10:31 PM
Stevo,
I had a point? What is it? :huh:

stevo137
09-14-2004, 08:36 AM
Did your knees get that high by choice or were you just goofing around?

BriEOD
09-14-2004, 08:41 AM
John did you land that "wakeboard" maneuver?

John B
09-14-2004, 08:45 AM
I was on my way to ball2 and I made it.
22off 34mph (yawho) :D

BriEOD
09-14-2004, 08:50 AM
JB :worthy:

stevo137
09-14-2004, 08:51 AM
I really thought that you were goofing around! ;) Disregard my "point" comment. I fall down!

John B
09-14-2004, 08:55 AM
Did your knees get that high by choice or were you just goofing around?
Stevo,
That is just they went. 22off is mean!
What I do when it time to ski on that white stuff.
I'm a bump skier.Fall line bump the bigger the better.
So I was just sucking up the bump. :D

stevo137
09-14-2004, 09:56 AM
Remember me saying that you could get to 25 off this season? Looks like you can make it and not worry about the bump anymore. I'm free skiing at 25 off and it's nice up there.

Ric
09-14-2004, 04:36 PM
Ok , blast away!
No, that is not a pinkish-tan undershirt I'm wearing. It's the winter coat I never shed this summer!

Ric
09-14-2004, 04:39 PM
Does this guy have a high handle problem or what???

Me again, going the other way at 34 15off

John B
09-14-2004, 04:49 PM
Ric,
It looks good, but the handle on your off side (the first picture) but I guess you know that. The second picture looks real good the handle is not bad there as long as you get it down before you start you pull. :D

André
09-14-2004, 07:44 PM
Nices pictures Ric!Great water condition too!

stevo137
09-15-2004, 06:23 PM
Nice pics Ric. Nice cuts.

MarkP
09-15-2004, 09:22 PM
Ric

What kind of ski is that? Oh, don’t look like you need help. Good shots!!

betsy&david Harrison
09-15-2004, 11:41 PM
Betsy,
I might take you up on your offer this weekend.
Not sure if we will drive up or fly.
I was told that one of those private lakes in Bakersfield has a landing strip. Is that true and it the lake you are at?
If not how close is the nearest landing strip we could use?
I figure out who Dave and Mari met at Lake Elsinore.
It is a guy by the name of Loren. He doesn't own a ski shop.
He own two of the marinas here in Big Bear.
He said the last time he skied Elsinore was about five year ago. He also said he might be interest and coming this weekend. Scott the photographer said he would like to go but he not sure he can get away. I will keep you posted on the plans :D :headbang: :D

John...I sent an e-mail reply after I got this. Did you get it?Betsy

John B
09-15-2004, 11:45 PM
Betsy,
No I did not get your email

Ric
09-16-2004, 10:19 AM
Ric

What kind of ski is that? Oh, don’t look like you need help. Good shots!!

Thanks Mark, it's an HO vengeance (70" I think)
I had the asx with the flame graphics and it developed a crack in the bottom. I sent it to HO, and they replaced it with this new style since they were out of that older style. I really like the ski and need to concentrate on getting better. A pro told me to take the wing off the other day and it is night and day difference at my line length, he was right.

Selling my 190, take a look
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2489550177

east tx skier
09-16-2004, 10:25 AM
I got a chance to ride the 04 ASX during the brief period of time my wife owned one. I liked it. Very stable ski. It just wasn't quite what she was looking for. What differences have you noticed from removing the wing?

G-man
09-16-2004, 10:45 AM
Doug I ski slow in the course 30 & attempts at 32 mph. I have been told for years until I reach 34mph and 22 off the wing-brake does nothing to help me. I have had several friends follow this advise and find they can turn the ski easier around the bouys. Now if I could get the the 6 ball to quit swimming away from me. 5 out 6 at 32

east tx skier
09-16-2004, 11:13 AM
For a while, I went wingless upon hearing the same theory, but put the wing back on upside-down on advice from Alan at DFW Ski School. I may pull it again next time and see if I can tell a difference.

Ric
09-16-2004, 12:02 PM
Doug, I did it in the middle of a set to be sure I knew what differences I was feeling. It is definitely not as stable but you can really really push it around a turn and I was NEVER able to do that with the wing on. It is forcing me to concentrate on pulling behind the boat and stay outbound after the second wake because it doesn't seem to decelerate as quickly = SLACK :eek: I definitely need more time with the pro for more fixes to my form than I do my gadgets!

east tx skier
09-16-2004, 12:06 PM
But gadgets are so fun!

John B
09-16-2004, 04:07 PM
My wing has been off one month now and it is not going back on till I can run 35 off.In other words this off and staying off.(but my goal for next year is make it to 35 off) :D
The other thing I did that is allowing me to bring the ski around is. I move my fin up in the back(took tail away)
My fin setting are Front-back it is center.
The front of the fin (the tip) is down as far as it goes(added tip)
The back of the fin (the tail) is up three or four notches.(took tail away)
Sense I have done this to my fin I have gone from PB of Full at 15off 32mph to 2balls at 28 off 34mph. :banana:

Ric
09-16-2004, 04:09 PM
You are progressing nicely john IF YOU DON'T RIP YOUR FACE OFF WITH THOSE OTF'S I hate that feeling man!

stevo137
09-19-2004, 11:10 AM
JohnB, ready for the "bump"

stevo137
09-19-2004, 11:11 AM
I changed the pic. Editing option. ;)

André
09-19-2004, 11:15 AM
Nice shots Stevo!
Leaning hard in the first one!Good skiing!

stevo137
09-19-2004, 11:56 PM
Offside, don't know what happened.

MasterCrafting
09-20-2004, 06:28 PM
My off side...i was avoiding this thread for a long time but i guess its time...dont make too much fun out of me! :purplaugh

east tx skier
09-21-2004, 11:49 AM
MasterCrafting, I'm chiming in on this, not from any position of expertise, but because you're doing what my wife did.

You're leading with your head. Hopefully this hasn't happened to you yet, but leading with your head (see how it's tilted down), if you fall, can easily result in a busted eardrum, which is not at all pleasant. My wife has busted her eardrums four times.

I'd concentrate on looking at a spot when you turn, be it the back of the boat, or a spot across the wakes prior to the next buoy.

Also, don't forget to keep your shoulders square with the boat (yours are a little closed off).

Keep after it!

MasterCrafting
09-21-2004, 06:55 PM
The last shot was from mid summer, here is a shot from sun.

east tx skier
09-22-2004, 10:41 AM
That's what I'm talking about with square shoulders. Nice! Can't tell if you're leading with your head or not as you've already completed the turn. Overall, looks pretty darned good to this novice. ;)

betsy&david Harrison
09-29-2004, 05:46 PM
I don't know how late in the season you ski...but if you are still skiing (or think about this next year)..you mustmust work on getting your arms closer to your body. Think about sticking your elbows into your sides near your vest. First thing it will help is the out-the-front cartwheels when you hit the wake. Next, it will improve your pulling position behind the boat. Wish I learned to ski at your age and had a place like this to go to for help. Keep it up! :banana:

east tx skier
09-30-2004, 10:23 AM
Wish I learned to ski at your age and had a place like this to go to for help. Keep it up! :banana:

So true. Actually, wish I'd learned to ski courses at his age. I've got a annual ski lesson in which the instructor probably wishes I'd learned to ski last year so I wouldn't have to be unlearning almost 20 years of bad habits.

MasterCrafting
09-30-2004, 10:20 PM
Thanks guys your tips will definatly keep me going! I would like to tackle a real course one of these days. Maybe i'll fly down to texas? (no, no i wont or will I?)

betsy&david Harrison
04-02-2005, 10:24 AM
We get some great ski form this time of year...lets see the pics! I can't ski yet because of the elbows but I can swim now. One step at a time. I figure I will get back on the stick in July. Tooooo Long of a wait for me but I can't risk messing up the surgery sites.

John B...lots of water in your lake now! Looks pretty...and COLD...the offer is open to you to come out to Bakersfield. Ryan maybe coming out in a few weeks. Chat later. Betsy

John B
07-11-2005, 10:26 AM
I think it's time to bring this thread back. :D
This was taken on 7/1/05. I know it looks the same as last year, but I on a different ski. I was skiing the same fin setup as I had on my Mapple, and I was have a problem bring the ski around from 3 to 4 and from 5 to 6. I raise the tail of the fin and it comes around better, but that's in open water.
I didn't put the course in last week it goes back in tomorrow.

MarkP
07-11-2005, 10:35 AM
I think it's time to bring this thread back. :D
This was taken on 7/1/05. I know it looks the same as last year, but I on a different ski. I was skiing the same fin setup as I had on my Mapple, and I was have a problem bring the ski around from 3 to 4 and from 5 to 6. I raise the tail of the fin and it comes around better, but that's in open water.
I didn't put the course in last week it goes back in tomorrow.
Lookout what you ask for..

You know I’m an expert now:uglyhamme

stevo137
07-11-2005, 10:36 AM
Well, I wish I had a course but I try to stay wide when free skiing.
Still a bit rusty on my off side and tend to grab the handle a bit soon into the turn. I think I tend to get the handle a bit high also. Taken about 2 weeks ago. Starting to get stronger.

stevo137
07-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Strong side. Same weekend.

parks_jr_55
07-11-2005, 11:20 AM
JohnB....you look like Pierce Brosan.

André
07-11-2005, 11:28 AM
Sorry no pix but guess who skied 3 at 32 off @34 mph last night ...Personnal best!!!

stevo137
07-11-2005, 11:32 AM
Sorry no pix but guess who skied 3 at 32 off @34 mph last night ...Personnal best!!!
Congrats Andre! ;)
It would be nice to see some pics.

LakePirate
07-11-2005, 11:33 AM

Congrats.......

smsunman1
07-11-2005, 11:39 AM

Congrats, I succeeded in knocking the wind out of me and some nice water rolls at 20 off @ 32mph 8p

André
07-11-2005, 12:02 PM
Thanks guys!
My skiing got a lot better since i bought that course from Jim Michaels,don't know why...

smsunman1
07-11-2005, 12:49 PM
the word of the herd is he was testing a prototype

BriEOD
07-11-2005, 01:02 PM
Thanks guys!
My skiing got a lot better since i bought that course from Jim Michaels,don't know why...

LMFAO!!! I bet you got a good deal. Congrats on your PB. Could it have anything to do with that girl on the swimsuit thread? :banana:

6ballsisall
07-11-2005, 01:08 PM
Hey theres Jim M's new calling, selling "specialized" ski courses. :D I'd buy a one with the adjustable size course mechanism, it sure would decrease the frustrations! :dance:

Robert Averyt
07-11-2005, 03:03 PM
Congrats Andre.. Did you run the 28 before it?

My pb is and has been for two years 5 @28 34mph.

east tx skier
07-11-2005, 03:16 PM
Way to go, Andre!

Leroy
07-11-2005, 03:54 PM
Congrats Andre! Guess post less, ski more is paying off!

John B
07-11-2005, 04:17 PM
Well, I wish I had a course but I try to stay wide when free skiing.
Still a bit rusty on my off side and tend to grab the handle a bit soon into the turn. I think I tend to get the handle a bit high also. Taken about 2 weeks ago. Starting to get stronger.

Stevo,
crdickey had a post on the Nicholls site a wail back.
In it he said, to watch with your peripheral vision (spelling ??)
for the tip of the ski to cross under the rope before you grab the handle.
I have been told that I was pulling to soon.
I use to say back "I'm not pulling the boat pulling"
So then I was told that I was grabbing that handle too soon.
I would say "if I don't grab the handle with both hands it will get ripped out of my hands"
I never put the two together till I read what Chuck had posted.
It does work, it gives you something to look for,instead of just thinking.
Wait wait finish the turn and now grab.
With the new setting that I put on my fin and this way of knowing when the turn is finished.
I pulled a muscle in my neck screaming in terror yesterday as I was heading for the wake. :eek3:

John B
07-11-2005, 04:28 PM
Oyea I almost forgot.
Congrats Andre, way to go. :dance:
Did you run the 28 before it??? :confused:
I think you need to survey your course. :purplaugh
Just kidding I want to hear 4 by the end of the week. :D

stevo137
07-11-2005, 04:47 PM
Stevo,
I would say "if I don't grab the handle with both hands it will get ripped out of my hands"
With the new setting that I put on my fin and this way of knowing when the turn is finished.
I pulled a muscle in my neck screaming in terror yesterday as I was heading for the wake. :eek3:
I like that thought process John. It's a good thing to try until you start to "feel it".
I think that a lot of it is timing vs muscle.
The instructor at Waterski Cancun pointed out that I need to be more relaxed during the turns instead of plowing my way through all the time.
It seems to be helping me ski longer and more efficiently.
Now I just need more time on some decent water. A course sure would be nice too!

betsy&david Harrison
07-11-2005, 05:01 PM
Since this is the fix your form thread....

Steveo...Something for you to work on here. Just one thing at a time. Practice getting your chest out and lock your exbows in at your waist when completing the turn and crossing the wakes. You photos show me that your arms are way to far away from your body. Lock'em in! B

betsy&david Harrison
07-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Stevo,

Stevo...what JohnB said and the elbows too! John....How is your neck? My elbows are screaming at me...not much ski time for me this weekend due to a big party at our place. Are you still coming out at the end of July? b

stevo137
07-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Since this is the fix your form thread....

Steveo...Something for you to work on here. Just one thing at a time. Practice getting your chest out and lock your exbows in at your waist when completing the turn and crossing the wakes. You photos show me that your arms are way to far away from your body. Lock'em in! B
Thanks! I know that will help using less energy too.
I have been working on keeping em' low and close through the wakes and now I need to work on the turns.

betsy&david Harrison
07-11-2005, 05:06 PM
Thanks! I know that will help using less energy too.
I have been keeping em' low and close through the wakes and now I need to work on the turns.
Do you know what the "bow and arrow" technique is for your arms in the turns? B

stevo137
07-11-2005, 05:08 PM
Do you know what the "bow and arrow" technique is for your arms in the turns? B
Please explain.

betsy&david Harrison
07-11-2005, 05:19 PM
Please explain.
I'll give this my best shot. It a timing technique. When you release the handle with your outside hand. You reach for the boat with the handle and your other hand slides across your chest as if you were pulling a bow and arrow. When your ski crosses under your rope is when you want to engage in your wake pull. Try it there where you are and see if you get it. I'm on stand-by..B

stevo137
07-11-2005, 05:22 PM
I like that explanation. I'm sure that I can do it with time on the water.
Thanks! ;)

betsy&david Harrison
07-11-2005, 05:28 PM
I like that explanation. I'm sure that I can do it with time on the water.
Thanks! ;)

I hope it works..I'm still working on it. Practice makes perfect? Not yet!! B

stevo137
07-11-2005, 05:53 PM
It reminds me a lot of golf. Some days feel better than others.
Some days your timing is on and others not as much. It helps to key on a few things and feeling it vs. over analyzing.

Ric
07-11-2005, 05:57 PM
Excellent Andre!
What were you skiing last season? Could the perfect pass be what moved you to a pb?????

André
07-11-2005, 10:28 PM
Excellent Andre!
What were you skiing last season? Could the perfect pass be what moved you to a pb?????
It certainly help with PP and all the magnets.(Here i could insert a joke about the fact that it's not a "Marriage Saver" as advertised on T.V. but i will restreint). ;)
...And yes i ran 28 4 times before trying 32,something i never did before in the course.The conditiond were perfect,no wally's around... :D
Ric
Ran 28 a couples of times last year with no PP...Seems like everything is going a bit slower this year and i have time to think about what i'm doing more.
Off course i have been in vacations for the last 16 days,leaving early A.M. for a 3 days job in New Brunswick, then vacations again for 17 days... :woohoo:

Ric
07-12-2005, 10:49 AM
It certainly help with PP and all the magnets.(Here i could insert a joke about the fact that it's not a "Marriage Saver" as advertised on T.V. but i will restreint). ;)
...And yes i ran 28 4 times before trying 32,something i never did before in the course.The conditiond were perfect,no wally's around... :D
Ric
Ran 28 a couples of times last year with no PP...Seems like everything is going a bit slower this year and i have time to think about what i'm doing more.
Off course i have been in vacations for the last 16 days,leaving early A.M. for a 3 days job in New Brunswick, then vacations again for 17 days... :woohoo:
One "word" for YOU birthday boy: :worthy:

3event
07-12-2005, 06:06 PM
Gonna jack this thread back to form for a minute... This photo captures some latest worst efforts. I ski at 35mph 32off, never been near a course. Switched from a Connelly Concept (15 years on it!) to a HO Truth w/double Animals 2yrs ago and my form comes and goes. When I get it right the HO really rips - with more speed across the wake and better control. However, I think I looked much better on the old ski most of the time based on the limited amount of video I've got.

I need to get my weight forward before the turn and exiting, too much of the wheelie effect. The HO seems more biased to ride like this , so besides fixing me any recommendations on ski tuning? Adjust fin? Move 1 or more bindings forward slightly? I am thinking about dropping to 34mph to work on the turns......

betsy&david Harrison
07-12-2005, 07:52 PM
To work on form you need to drop down to 30mph. Is your tow rope attached to your tower in this pic? That much slack in the rope in the position you are in is disaster wait'n to happen! Extra slack usually means that you have pulled to long through and after the wakes.

There are HO Truth riders out there..they can tell you about fin adjustments....if you are going to make an adjustment with your bindings..move the back binding up to where your toes on your back foot can barely touch the back binding of your front foot. You should be able to tuck your back knee into your front knee this way and that will help with the front pressure to keep the ski on its edge through the wakes. Hope that helped some! You want your form analyzed????

3event
07-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Yes, that slack is a prob - I sucked it up and threw in a picture of one of the lousier turns I could find so that's what you see there. Body position is usually better, rope tighter. Good point on the speed, I could give that a shot. I have not been patient enough getting used to the new ski so slowing it down for a bit would be a good step. Somewhat an attention span problem - still trying to get footing, boarding, and skiing in every chance I get. Any other comments welcome.

Thanks!

3event
07-12-2005, 08:16 PM
***the white rope dangling in the pic is the barefoot line still hanging up there, as per previously mentioned attention deficit issue***

betsy&david Harrison
07-12-2005, 08:19 PM
When and if you do slow down...remember, it takes a lot of work to get this form down in slalom. Slow and steady wins the race and work on one thing at a time. Maybe begin with the wake crossings form since it is the most critical. You should be on edge, pushing your ski through in front of you, your weight on your front foot, and your elbows into your sides tight.

Leroy
07-28-2005, 03:02 PM
From this morning, friend was helping a lot. This side I get slack and need a better pull to swing out more and work on one hand. At 32mph. Other comments? Ooops, with Pix Andre!

André
07-28-2005, 03:04 PM
Forgot something Leroy ?

André
07-28-2005, 03:07 PM
Nice water and scenery !!!
Is that a wide ski ?
Running the tail a bit...

betsy&david Harrison
07-28-2005, 03:12 PM
I was wondering the same...what plank are you riding? I'm with Andre, bend the knees through the turn and get that ski in the water.

Leroy
07-28-2005, 03:28 PM
EP WIDE TRACK. Big daddy ski that LeeC recommended for me. I've been working to get to this level, but so much more to achieve! I bought it off ebay for $35 from guy in Alaska :eek: . Looking to upgrade to something like an HO Siege. May try my friends HO CDX1 or Hoosier Bob has a Connelly that I would like to try. The EP is a very easy ski!

MasterCrafting
07-28-2005, 03:31 PM
hey guys, i've really been working on my skiing this season. Thanks to whoever told me to bring the handle in closer i really noticed the differance...anyway...i'm always looking for advice

east tx skier
07-28-2005, 04:00 PM
A picture from this past weekend. Still getting some others scanned.

BriEOD
07-28-2005, 04:03 PM
Wow, is that 3 alligators I see? ;)

east tx skier
07-28-2005, 04:07 PM
Quite possibly. Plenty of reptiles in these waters. Good insentive to get up on the first try.

Here's another. Of course, I have a policy of not posting pictures of others on the net. So the face is drawn over. You get the idea though.

Crash
07-28-2005, 04:31 PM
bend the knees through the turn and get that ski in the water.
I thought you were supposed to stand tall from the glide through the turn and compress/bend knees on exiting the turn?

Leroy
07-28-2005, 04:45 PM
ETS; the boat spray compare to the skier spray makes it look like you have a ditch witch on the back of that boat!

Pretty cool the course in the water vegetation!

Quite possibly. Plenty of reptiles in these waters. Good insentive to get up on the first try.

Here's another. Of course, I have a policy of not posting pictures of others on the net. So the face is drawn over. You get the idea though.

east tx skier
07-28-2005, 04:50 PM
As low as that water was (4.5--3.5 feet), we needed a ditch witch. The lily pads are nice to look at, but I hate them all the same. It's no fun having to rake them once a month. The real problem now is the moss. Fortunately, it's not really in the boat path as we've run it enough to drive it to the sides.

tpttool
07-28-2005, 04:52 PM
git that ther ski tipp down Dooker

betsy&david Harrison
07-28-2005, 07:57 PM
I thought you were supposed to stand tall from the glide through the turn and compress/bend knees on exiting the turn?
You should never straighten your legs. Bent knees help to slow and control the turn.

USC8791
07-28-2005, 08:10 PM
Leroy and Mastercrafting: It looks like you both are skiing the full 75 ft length of rope (either that or the handle is on the wrong end?). It won't fix your form, but if you shorten the rope to 15 off you'll have less slack to deal with (if and when you get it), and you'll be on a much better part of the wake. FWIW.

stevo137
07-28-2005, 11:13 PM
How do I not wipe out on this rough water and incoming boat wake?
"BAIL OUT" from the cut! :o
Geeez it's frustrating sometimes...

6ballsisall
07-28-2005, 11:19 PM
Steve I have a concern here.... look at the left hand side of the picture. Theres a captains chair and no captain???? :eek:

betsy&david Harrison
07-28-2005, 11:22 PM
that's why his hand is on his head

stevo137
07-28-2005, 11:22 PM
Steve I have a concern here.... look at the left hand side of the picture. Theres a captains chair and no captain???? :eek:
It's that new auto pilot feature. (It's a prototype). ;)

MasterCrafting
07-29-2005, 02:21 PM
East_TX_Skier ...wow..your lake looks pretty gnarly...are those large wood pylons or trees in the background? hm...myabe i'll keep my MC out of Texas' lakes. :eek:

east tx skier
07-29-2005, 02:49 PM
M'crafting, I think everyone should keep their boats out of Texas lakes! ;)

That, my friend is a channel marker because there are stumps in this lake. Our course is at "the end of the road." This is nice because people don't come to our cove unless they live there mostly.

The vegetation you see consists of water lilies and I basically hate them. We've been raking them with the weed eradicator once per month since we first started seeing them in April and it has made a huge difference. The ones you see are outside the course and scare away people who don't realize what they are or think they indicate extraordinarily shallow water (which they sort of do).

On a serious note, our lake is way down this year and I know of at least two people who have messed up their running gear on stumps. Definitely not a place you want to go unless you're very familiar with where the safe boating spots are.

For those of us in the know, it's like Heaven on a stick.

east tx skier
07-30-2005, 11:26 AM
One more. Man, get those hips up!

east tx skier
07-30-2005, 11:27 AM
Okay, two. My offside in all it blechhh.

6ballsisall
07-30-2005, 11:27 AM
Is that you Doug?

Edit: Ok, nevermind, posted before your 2nd pic.

You ever see any gators near the course?

east tx skier
07-30-2005, 11:28 AM
Sho 'nuff.

Ric
07-30-2005, 11:34 AM
Sho 'nuff.
You kinda have the look of the Ross brothers going on there

André
07-30-2005, 11:34 AM
Post 222: ski is flat,you should already be on the turning edge and going outbound,hips to the handle
Post 221:You're airborne from running flat trough the boat wake...
Not an expert here...

Ric
07-30-2005, 11:35 AM
Not an expert here...
Ya right, cut the BS Andre, you're running your 28 with bruised ribs. :worthy:

east tx skier
07-30-2005, 11:36 AM
Andre, you speak the truth. Most of the pictures were from day one. Not that my form improved much, but I did something right on day 2 (especially on my off side). Work in progress.

Ric, it must be the vest.

Ric
07-30-2005, 11:39 AM
Ric, it must be the vest.
It retains less water for crosscourse carry

east tx skier
07-30-2005, 11:42 AM
LOL! By the way, Wet Tech apparently bought that vest design. Best vest I've ever owned.

André
07-30-2005, 11:43 AM
Ya right, cut the BS Andre, you're running your 28 with bruised ribs. :worthy:
...Icepack on now and going to the drugstore to renew my anti-inflammatories prescription...Yep, :rolleyes: skiing keep you in good shape!
I was going to ask if it was your new boat as your avatar but just realize it's a close bow...

east tx skier
07-30-2005, 11:46 AM
Hey, Andre, what kind of vest are you wearing?

Ric
07-30-2005, 11:50 AM
...Icepack on now and going to the drugstore to renew my anti-inflammatories prescription...Yep, :rolleyes: skiing keep you in good shape!
I was going to ask if it was your new boat as your avatar but just realize it's a close bow...
Yep the rare and elusive 190. I think it's the same pic on the 2005 MC brochure.
I thought it was a cool shot but you can't see the skier that well at avatar size

ski_king
07-30-2005, 11:52 AM
Your form dosn't look all that bad, but something tells me you are going to have a problem with the turn.

Sorry, I am bored and photoshopping is fun.

André
07-30-2005, 11:52 AM
An old neoprene Bare vest,more then overdue.Used to be fire red now turn pink.
I'm considering a padded vest with hard paddings like a barefooter vest.Don't know if it's restrictive when slaloming.
The fall wasn't even a bad one ,just happened to not have enough time to roll on my back before hitting the water.
It hurts when sneezing or coughing...or watching Mag's avatar!

André
07-30-2005, 11:53 AM
Good work Dennis! That should make him turn early!

Ric
07-30-2005, 11:55 AM
Your form dosn't look all that bad, but something tells me you are going to have a problem with the turn.

Sorry, I am bored and photoshopping is fun.
Wasnt it doug thinking up new challenging slalom courses since the world record hadn't been broken in a while? ;)

6ballsisall
07-30-2005, 11:57 AM
Wasnt it doug thinking up new challenging slalom courses since the world record hadn't been broken in a while? ;)

Quick make the turn before the gator gets ya!! It's no longer the 3 event sport, that 4 event is a real tough one for the last place person :D

east tx skier
07-30-2005, 12:09 PM
Nice photoshop! This will be under my slalom excuse thread.

Andre, the Wet Tech Launch is the new version of the HO vest I have. It's like armor. My wife calls me Skeletor when I'm wearing it. We're geeks!

stevo137
08-04-2005, 10:40 PM
I'm pretty sure that I'd be making a B-Line for 3 ball if it were there.
I need a thinner vest.
This one is too bulky, I've had enough of it.
It does protect the ribs though.
Any suggestions?

BriEOD
08-04-2005, 10:42 PM
Get a ski belt. ;)

stevo137
08-04-2005, 10:49 PM
Get a ski belt. ;)
Smart a**!
I'll give ya a ski belt when I see you at "Mania"! :D

bradamerry
08-04-2005, 10:50 PM
Smart a**!
Steve u going to Mania???

stevo137
08-04-2005, 10:52 PM
Steve u going to Mania???
I'll tell you on the Mania thread.

bradamerry
08-04-2005, 10:55 PM
....edit option for Stevo137...... ;)

stevo137
08-04-2005, 10:59 PM
Seriously though, I am looking for a thin vest that still protects the ribs.

BriEOD
08-05-2005, 07:56 AM
Smart a**!

Ohh Baby!! :purplaugh

MarkP
08-05-2005, 10:48 AM
Get a ski belt. ;)LMSBFIAOSBICB!!!

BriEOD
08-05-2005, 10:49 AM
LMSBFIAOSBICB!!!

*** did you just say????? :confused: