PDA

View Full Version : replacing carpet in walkthrough

wheelerd
11-03-2008, 11:23 PM
I'm planning to replace the carpet in my 91 TriStar. Main floor and sides will be a breeze since things are easily accessible and nicely sectioned. But the bow area is a different story since the seat bases are attached to the hull and the bulkhead. (You can lift them up just slightly when the floor attaching screws are removed.) In my boat at least, the bow carpeting is a continuous piece that extends from the floor, under the seat base, and up the inner sides of the hull where the under-seat storage area is.

My question: Has anyone with a walkthrough -- TriStar, Prostar, Prosport -- replaced their bow-area carpet? If so, how?

cmw
11-11-2008, 09:20 AM
I have a 1990 Maristar. I just received the carpet this week. Good question. I am wondering the same thing. I was hoping after you removed the screws in the floor, you could lift the seating area enough to slide the carpet underneath. I knew it was not going to be easy, just hope it is not impossible. Good luck and I will be watching you're thread to see if anybody has any ideas.