PDA

View Full Version : Engine Block Drain Plugs

jgarner
11-03-2008, 01:43 PM
Ok, I am finsihing up my winterization today and here is what I have got done. Oil and filter change, transmission fluid change, removed the impellar, disconnect the hose between the manifolds, check the transmission cooler for debris and water in the line, removed the engine block drain plugs on each side of the block. I still need to fog the cylinders via the spark plugs and winterize the ballast system. Is there anything I am leaving off?

Another question... Do I have a knock sensor to remove? When I removed both engine block drain plugs a ton of water came out so I am assuming I do not, but I would like some one to confirm that for me. Also, on the hoses that you disconnect, do you leave them disconnected or re-connect them? One more thing the impellar on a V-drive is a mother to remove!!! The boat is a 2008 X-2 with the standard motor. Thanks guy I really appreicate your help.

ttu
11-03-2008, 01:46 PM
i just winterized my 07 x2 with the rtp 310 engine and there was no knock sensor. just 2 brass plugs.

jgarner
11-03-2008, 02:40 PM
Did you reconnect your hoses and re-install the brass drain plugs or leave the hoses disconnected?

ttu
11-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Did you reconnect your hoses and re-install the brass drain plugs or leave the hoses disconnected?

left the hoses disconnected and put the drain plugs in a baggie and taped them to the steering wheel

DryHop
11-03-2008, 03:14 PM
You may not have a heater and/or shower... but anyone reading this needs to consider all components (such as those) which could trap water.

peason
11-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Did you take a screw driver or wire to the drain holes? I know I get a lot of rust and debris coming out of the block and once I fish around with a screw driver the water really comes out.

jgarner
11-03-2008, 03:47 PM
Yes, I cleaned out the drain holes. Well I got the cylinders fogged via the spark plugs, did the procedure for the ballast tanks and got and the drain plugs in a baggy. Is there anything else that I am missing?