PDA

View Full Version : Alternate fuels

Pstar94
11-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Dont know if this has been talked about at all on here... but are there any companies tryin for some alternate fuel supplied boats. All the car companies are.. think it would be interesting to see what they could do with a boat.

mark g
11-02-2008, 06:43 PM
over here in the uk we are seeing more lpg powered boats, although lpg prices are creeping up its still around half the price of petrol.

TX.X-30 fan
11-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Dont know if this has been talked about at all on here... but are there any companies tryin for some alternate fuel supplied boats. All the car companies are.. think it would be interesting to see what they could do with a boat.

Sailboats.

Pstar94
11-04-2008, 09:13 PM
tried it. tubing is great. just couldnt quite seem to get to that first buoy. great wake thought.

BOATNGUYNE
11-04-2008, 10:41 PM
You could always go boating on someone else's boat..... those boat's always seems to run good on " Thank you's " lol

scramison
11-05-2008, 07:52 AM
Boats are going to be last of all to get the alternative. Think about how long it took fuel injection to come to boats. The market is too small to start here. Anything is going to be born from cars so I would imagine E85 should be available or easy to pull off atleast. However, it isn't a very good alternative in my opinion, just a detroit lets keep our jobs band aid.

Jesus_Freak
11-08-2008, 07:54 AM
I recently attended a conference in which I saw some technical presentations on bio fuels. They seem to have their problems, I do not see how we could ever generate enough supply to meet any real demand.

wpauling
11-08-2008, 09:18 AM
This would be interesting if they could perfect it for boats.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLsLBR6XHDc&feature=related

I bet when temps fall below 32 degrees the traffic may be a little slow.:o

Jesus_Freak
11-09-2008, 08:39 AM
This would be interesting if they could perfect it for boats.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLsLBR6XHDc&feature=related

I bet when temps fall below 32 degrees the traffic may be a little slow.:o

Agreed, and they would probably use onboard heaters. The problem with hydrogen is its energy density. It takes mucho to produce useful work, and is therefore difficult to store enough for use. Concept of steam+hydrogen is cool though.