PDA

View Full Version : Gas winterizing question

Yellow X9
11-01-2008, 10:43 AM
When I put Stabil in the tank, should the motor be running to circulate it thru the injection system? I was going to take the boat to the lake today to run the tank level down to 1/4 tank, then on my way back to the dock / ramp pour it in the tank.

Thanks for your input to this question

dsoby
11-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Yes. You need the gas that remains in the fuel and injection system to be treated. Pour it into the tank before you run your boat.

Yellow X9
11-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Thanks, will do.

Lower 80's today, gotta get another pull in before I put it up fo the winter.

dsoby
11-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Enjoy. I winterized last weekend.

BOATNGUYNE
11-01-2008, 11:47 AM
You should store your boat with a full tank !

JimN
11-01-2008, 11:51 AM
When I put Stabil in the tank, should the motor be running to circulate it thru the injection system? I was going to take the boat to the lake today to run the tank level down to 1/4 tank, then on my way back to the dock / ramp pour it in the tank.

Thanks for your input to this question

Read your manual- it's in there. If you use gas with alcohol, they recommend storing it with as little as possible and if it doesn't have alcohol, they recommend filling it and with either, adding the appropriate amount of stabilizer. If you don't run it, it'll never get past the tank.

mitch
11-01-2008, 09:28 PM
I found this new marine stabile this year, w/ ethanol treatment. Also stabile has a 2 year life after you open it. I'd use new stuff every year.
http://www.goldeagle.com/sta-bil/stabil_marine.htm