PDA

View Full Version : 2008 X-Star Questions.

Holman J.B.F
11-01-2008, 04:10 AM
The port floor of my boat came loose there is a 1inch play and it sounds not as solid than the starboard side.

see http://members.chello.nl/j.holman/vloer%20speling.3GP (cell phone video)

Does anyone know how to fix this?
The carpet has been cut from the back to the rear seats,...from there it is in one piece.
I do not want to cut the rest of it before i know how these repairs work.

second since day 1 the boat has a annoying Hum/whistel i know it,s not the whining noise a v-drive makes.It sounds like it is comming from the rudder,and it is reflecting thru the inside boat.When a make a slight turn left the sound is gone,.on the right side it needs a little more but also on that side the sound is gone.

LY6 without silencers is a loud machine and you can clearly hear this.
This winter i want to add FAE so that sound has to be gone.

what,s up with the upholstery?...my passengers complaining about the foam inside
it shrinked to about 1 inch in the middle.

feels like i have a mellon,...there are more issues but i can fix them.

i love the boat and wake but i never had those issues with the boats i owned from the dark side family.
i buy new each year but this one has to stay untill the new x-star comes.
It is a bad time to sell boats at this moment.

TMCNo1
11-01-2008, 07:45 AM
The port floor of my boat came loose there is a 1inch play and it sounds not as solid than the starboard side.

see http://members.chello.nl/j.holman/vloer%20speling.3GP (cell phone video)

Does anyone know how to fix this?
The carpet has been cut from the back to the rear seats,...from there it is in one piece.
I do not want to cut the rest of it before i know how these repairs work.

second since day 1 the boat has a annoying Hum/whistel i know it,s not the whining noise a v-drive makes.It sounds like it is comming from the rudder,and it is reflecting thru the inside boat.When a make a slight turn left the sound is gone,.on the right side it needs a little more but also on that side the sound is gone.

LY6 without silencers is a loud machine and you can clearly hear this.
This winter i want to add FAE so that sound has to be gone.

what,s up with the upholstery?...my passengers complaining about the foam inside
it shrinked to about 1 inch in the middle.

feels like i have a mellon,...there are more issues but i can fix them.

i love the boat and wake but i never had those issues with the boats i owned from the dark side family.
i buy new each year but this one has to stay untill the new x-star comes.
It is a bad time to sell boats at this moment.

I think your dealer should clear up all issues.

alletric
11-01-2008, 08:43 AM

2008 being the first information you give them.

duckguy
11-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Yup dealer man. The noise sounds like a submarine sonar kinda noise right? It is the prop. The stock prop on the 08's for whatever reason have the proper harmonics to "whistle" at the right rpm. Mine= just off idle going straight.

Holman J.B.F
11-01-2008, 07:38 PM

trust me ,...they don,t.I know those guys very well and work for them.
I hope they have some info on how to repair or maybe it doesn,t harm at all.

Today i inspected the underside of the floor with a flashlight and a mirror.It is not bonded as far as i could see.I just wonder if the floor is a part of the structural integrity.if not then why bother.

IMHO
It seems if the timers are set for more than 4 minutes the stock ballast tanks kind of overfill and blow up a little.Wich causes the floor to rise.
I,ve seen pre 06 X-Stars with blocked vent hoses because of this,the newer 07 and up center tanks have a molded channel for the vent hose.
A blocked center tank vent hose causes the KGB tank to blow up and lift the complete walk thru up a little wich causes a faulty window alignment.With the manual pump swich on and a pressurized tank (caused by a blocked vent hose)thru double up can cause some serious damage on the fiberglass area arround the ice box.

@ duckguy
yep exactly the type of sound,although mine does it at a very wide range of rpm.
More like +/- 2000 up to +/- 3500 rpm.
I,ll try another prop next time.IIRC there are some tricks to do with a prop to avoid
the whistling sound.(we call it a singing prop)anyway i,ll have to ask arround.
grinding the cup a little?

CottagerGreg
11-02-2008, 12:46 PM
The prop on the 08 does have harmonic resonance... just about idle, but you do hear sometimes at boarding speeds.

i heard it is because of the cnc on the new prop. 14.75 x 15.5 I believe..

Holman J.B.F
11-30-2008, 01:01 PM
according to some racing fanatics at a dutch forum grinding the edges would eliminate the sound.
Kind of what an acme prop looks like.I,ve done that to my oj,..but have not tested it jet.

http://members.chello.nl/j.holman/schroef.JPG

brucemac
11-30-2008, 01:13 PM
The prop on the 08 does have harmonic resonance... just about idle, but you do hear sometimes at boarding speeds.

i heard it is because of the cnc on the new prop. 14.75 x 15.5 I believe..

for what it's worth, i'm hearing the same thing with that exact prop on my X-2, but only in the 850-1000 rpm range. eric's recommendation. bought it last summer as an upgrade for my boat. great prop.

Jim@BAWS
11-30-2008, 02:11 PM
Being Dutch myself I can very much appreciate this information

Last week the Dutch announed they where going to go to the SUN on a space mission
After a much awaited press release since this mission has been kept secret for years. the Dutch Space Team announced there secret

They are going at night

Jim@BAWS

Holman J.B.F
12-01-2008, 04:19 AM
lol,

http://www.olds.com.au/marine/terminology.html

scroll down