PDA

View Full Version : 2008 X-15 Additional Ballast

MC X-15
10-30-2008, 10:49 AM
So I picked up and X-15 this yr and am looking into adding some extra ballast. Nothing ridiculous but maye 750-1000 extra lbs. I know this has been gone over a million times but i havent seen anything regarding the X-15 only X-2 and X-star. Anyone have any info on what sacks fit best where and what sizes to get?. I see X-2 fat sacks which im sure will fit fine but i wanted some opinons on what others have done. I want to put one in each rear compartment and prob somethign on the floor in the bow or under the seats. Any help would be great, my wake is ok, but im looking to make it a little steeper and taller. I ride at 20-21 MPH at 75 ft.

ttu
10-30-2008, 10:54 AM
roonie did a awesome thread on this one

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=25491

MC X-15
10-30-2008, 10:56 AM
roonie did a awesome thread on this one

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=25491

Thats is amazing, but i was looking for just sacks that can be removed and filled with a pump. Maybe next winter ill deal with plumbing them all in. Thanks a lot though. Much appreciated

MC X-15
10-30-2008, 11:52 AM
Now that i look at it more closely the process and ROONIES direction are incredibly easy adn very clear, i may go that route, but would still like other options and opinons if anyone has any.

ttu
10-30-2008, 11:52 AM
contact spencer at wakeside and he can get you everything you need.

dwhegler
10-30-2008, 12:50 PM
MC X-15, do you have a problem with the factory ballast emptying over time? The engineers are suppose to be working on my issue. I heard that other X-15 owners had same problem so just wondered if you do. Thanks!

MC X-15
10-30-2008, 01:04 PM
[QUOTE=dwhegler;552664]MC X-15, do you have a problem with the factory ballast emptying over time? The engineers are suppose to be working on my issue. I heard that other X-15 owners had same problem so just wondered if you do. Thanks![/Qu

yeah my ballasts do empty over time, not all the time but sometimes ill go to empty after a few sets and the port will be empty. I havent dialed in my wake perfectly yet so i usually dont even notice but let me know what you find out. My ballasts also dont empty sometimes when i want them to. i have to swerve the boat around and it usually helps empty it, DO u have that problem as well??

rgardjr
10-30-2008, 06:48 PM
I'm in the process of plumbing my front sac in my X2. I'm doing it a little different than Ronnie. He installed a 90 degree elbow on the KGB overflow. I installed a t fitting to run to right side of the sac as well as the left(port) as Ronnie did. I will hook up the overflow to the the front middle fitting instead of the right. I'll take some pictures once the hose gets here and I finish up.

One thing to consider if you're not going to plumb the bag into the factory system-the tsunami pump was around $100. You will spend about half that if for fittings and hose to plumb them into your factory KGB.

I bought my boat late in the summer so I used a tsunami pump to fill and empty the front bag a few times last summer and it worked great-it just takes a while. I was also filling a 700 lb sac for the port seat with the tsunami pump and at times I would get impatient.

I bought my front and side sacs off Ebay. The seller has factory second bags that have some kind of cosmetic problem, but no issues structurally. I bought two sacs from him and the front sac looked perfect to me. The side sac did have a few black marks on it, but that was all. He has a front integrate bow sac listed right now for $118 shipped:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270279067336
He can also hook you up with all the fittings you'll need. Hope this helps.

Jerseydave
10-30-2008, 09:47 PM
MC X-15, I installed (2) v-drive sacs in the rear of my X-star and they fill using the stock pumps. (works great for me, but your boat might have timers which will not allow your extra sacs to fill all the way without modifying your timers)

I use lead weight in the bow, but next year the lead will be replaced by a 750# sac in the walkway filled by a Tsunami pump.

You may want to start with (2) v-drive sacs and a 750# also, fill them using a Tsunami. It will take some time using only one pump, so be aware of that. (you may want (2) Tsunami pumps if you never plan on plumbing the bags into the stock system, which like I said before may be a challenge with timers if you have them)

Extra weight will be a big plus for you since you're running in salt water. Bring that boat to the Delaware next year, your wake will be much larger! :D

MC X-15
10-31-2008, 08:05 AM
NJ skier,
Thanks for the info, yeah i know the salt hurts the wake but I guess it is what it is. I will prob jsut plumb in some sacks this winter if i can, didnt seem hard and from what i understand i can adjust the timers on my pumps. Seems like the cheapest most efficient way to do it. And in regard to coming to the Deleware, i dont have a trailer so until i get one thats kinda out of the picture. Maybe ill bum a pull on your X-star if thats cool. Thanks for the help.

Jerseydave
10-31-2008, 09:11 PM
Anytime you want a pull behind the X-star, let me know. Hey, spring is right around the corner :D

I heard the X-15 is great for surfing, ever tried it yet?

MC X-15
11-01-2008, 07:32 PM
Ill def take you up on that. Need to get to some fresh water. Havent surfed her yet, will do next summer for sure.