PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Weekend plans

Scot
05-05-2005, 12:30 PM
Now might be a good time to open a thread in the 'Mastercraft In Your Area" of your Memorial Weekend plans so if by chance any of us cross paths on the lake we can share a cold beverage of choice and say hey...

My boat is always complaining how I never let it meet any other MC's... And how it's all about ME!. Am I the only one who has a problem with a temperamental, emotional, ungrateful, boat that sometimes talks too much? A boat that also monopolizes a majority of your waking moments of life along with the spending any spare change you might have? And don't even think of getting caught looking at a newer boat on the water with upgrade in your mind.... (or even a quick tow when no one is looking). That would make for a very predictable harsh and chilly ride back to the dock....

I love my boat.... and I couldn't imagine life without her...

east tx skier
05-05-2005, 12:35 PM
"waking" moments. No pun intended, right. I will be boatless in Galveston that weekend.

tex
05-05-2005, 12:54 PM
I will be on Lake Granbury. If any one in the Metroplex is heading out west-PM me. I would love to have a beer with you at the "beach".

jimmer2880
05-05-2005, 02:01 PM
Potomac River for me - above Dam 4 (my home waters).

I don't think anyone is in my area though, so my MC will be all by herself again, showing off (as usual) to all the Moomba's & Supra's out there.:D

LakePirate
05-05-2005, 02:04 PM
Will be heading over to the Masters at Callaway that weekend
We are trying to get there for saturday.
Anybody else heading over for the tourney?

djhuff
05-05-2005, 02:21 PM
Charlotte, NC. All weekend at the race.

LakePirate
05-05-2005, 02:22 PM
Sweet Deal
Are you staying from the Winston to the 600?

bcampbe7
05-05-2005, 02:42 PM
Got some scheduled work to do so I will be at work. Fun, fun...

Stritt
05-05-2005, 05:50 PM
Crystal River (north of Tampa, FL) staying at the Plantation INN.

BriEOD
05-05-2005, 05:52 PM
That is some COLD water 35th. Been there a few times.

bradamerry
05-05-2005, 06:06 PM
I don't know where I will be :confused: !!

BS, Lake Greeson, baby!!!! :banana:

Stritt
05-05-2005, 06:16 PM
Yes it is 72 degree spring water :eek:

Of course the water around the springs are true to their name! Crystal clear!

We stay there to play a little golf in the am then jump in the boat in the pm and hang around the springs and have a few cocktails ;) .

erkoehler
05-05-2005, 06:21 PM
St. Germain WI on Finley lake. Probably will make a pitstop in Minocqua somewheres.

WakePowell
05-05-2005, 09:16 PM
Lake Powell for four solid days. I can't wait. :friday:

Leroy
05-05-2005, 09:24 PM
Home club soccer tournament all weekend. Kids will have 6-10 games depending on how far they go! Plus the volunteer work of ~10 hours over the weekend. Have a college buddy coming in for Indy 500 and cannot even go to that with him!

Will probably slip off to local lake for some boat time.

Cloaked
05-05-2005, 09:49 PM
I will be on Lake Granbury. If any one in the Metroplex is heading out west-PM me. I would love to have a beer with you at the "beach".I have been on Lake Mayberry ... :D :D

It's a nice lake.. I did a tour at Commanche Peak nuclear plant....

Have a great weekend!!!

Cloaked
05-05-2005, 09:53 PM
Will be heading over to the Masters at Callaway that weekend
We are trying to get there for saturday.
Anybody else heading over for the tourney?I'd love to go but I wouldn't want to go without pavillion access (preferably). That's a large time at The Masters. Both on the water and on the beach! I've done it several times. Great tourney other than it costs an arm and a leg to go this day and age... I first went in 1978 for little of nothing then. The pavillion was free access...

Enjoy the trip and take lots of pics... :cool:

Cloaked
05-05-2005, 09:58 PM
Crystal River (north of Tampa, FL) staying at the Plantation INN.Been there too. There is a nuclear unit about 7 miles north of CR. Be sure and check out the restaurants down in Homosassa along the water front as well as the Manatee State Park. it's a beautiful park for seeing Manatee....

Also, find Stephanie's Oyster Bar in CR. It's a small place but fresh oysters and cold beer... A local establishment not to miss if you like oysters. Right across the street from Tire Kingdom in town there in CR (as CR is a bit spread out). Also an evening place to eat with an outside bar and music is the place right next to the Best Western Hotel (forgot the name of it, Crackers I think is the place), It's a locals favorite too. Food is tolerable but it's on King's Bay and is a really pretty place to hang and sip a few beverages. Pictures are in order there too....

Have a great weekend!!!

Cloaked
05-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Charlotte, NC. All weekend at the race.Been there. NASCAR rocks! There is a nuclear plant there in Huntersville, NC just outside of Concord / Charlotte, as my career is following the plants for work. Very nice place. I spent 2 years there. Lowes Motor Speedway is my very most favorite track....

Have a great weekend!!!!

bradamerry
05-05-2005, 10:09 PM
Farmer and Wildman's Memorial Day Weekend will go something like this.

Friday evening --- setup campers, slalom course. Miller Time!!!!

Saturday --- slalom course, breakfast, pull kids, Miller Time, lunch, rest, Miller Time, pull kids, cruise the lake, Miller Time, slalom course, Miller Time, Wildman's famous Pork Chops, Miller Time, Miller Time, oh you get the point :friday: !

Sunday --- slalom course, breakfast, Miller Time, pull kids, Miller Time, lunch, Miller Time, cruise the lake, Miller Time, pull kids, Miller Time, hurry to store for more Miller :uglyhamme , slalom course, Miller Time, Wildman's famous ribs, Miller Time, repeat Miller Time we have plenty.

Monday --- Miller Time (damn haedhache :mad: ), Slalom course, yes Brandy we can go home before I get drunk again!!!

Cloaked
05-05-2005, 10:09 PM
I'll be stuck in my front yard (on the lake) shuttling boats and jet skis all weekend... Never fails... :D

Have a great weekend !!! :D

SKI*MC
05-05-2005, 10:10 PM
Lake Nakomis a few miles out of Tomahawk WI. Wet suite n' all

Cloaked
05-05-2005, 10:11 PM
.......Wildman's famous Pork Chops.....Care to share a recipe or general good grub directions for these Pote Chops?

Have a great weekend !!!

bradamerry
05-05-2005, 10:15 PM
Care to share a recipe or general good grub directions for these Pote Chops?

Have a great weekend !!!

Then they would be everybodies famous pork chops :rolleyes: ! And my cooking is the only reason Farmer hangs out with me :( .

Cloaked
05-05-2005, 10:19 PM
Then they would be everybodies famous pork chops :rolleyes: ! And my cooking is the only reason Farmer hangs out with me :( .Appreciate it. :rolleyes:

bradamerry
05-05-2005, 10:20 PM
Appreciate it. :rolleyes:
I may just have to PM you the deal on the chops and Ribs ;) !

Cloaked
05-05-2005, 10:24 PM
I may just have to PM you the deal on the chops and Ribs !
:dance: :banana: :steering: :love:

LakePirate
05-05-2005, 11:13 PM
I'd love to go but I wouldn't want to go without pavillion access (preferably). That's a large time at The Masters. Both on the water and on the beach! I've done it several times. Great tourney other than it costs an arm and a leg to go this day and age... I first went in 1978 for little of nothing then. The pavillion was free access...

Enjoy the trip and take lots of pics... :cool:

I would have to agree...the pavillion seating is great...and you have to hide the beer on the beach and you can't see so well if you are not in the water. But that is the best skiing around. The real benefit are all the vendors there, Atlanta dosen't really have a ski shop that carries anything other than HO.

Callaway is like a home away from home, I have been going there all my life. Fortunatly it is only about an hour away from the lake house.

JEREMY79
05-05-2005, 11:20 PM
I may just have to PM you the deal on the chops and Ribs ;) !

Just cook a big batch and post the date. Dont forget the crawfish!!

erkoehler
05-05-2005, 11:24 PM
Lake Nakomis a few miles out of Tomahawk WI. Wet suite n' all

I hear ya on that one! Maybe even a dry suit still.

Mattercraft
05-06-2005, 03:10 AM
Lake Havasu, Arizona. Need I say more.

Ski-A-Rees
05-06-2005, 08:30 AM
I think i'll say at home for the weekend and stay in local waters! It would be fun to go over to lake roy again and cruise over to cypress gardens and see if I can watch another malibu fall apart!

djhuff
05-06-2005, 08:40 AM
Sweet Deal
Are you staying from the Winston to the 600?

No, We only camp at the sites with the full hook ups, and to stay for both, you have to buy 2 weeks ($1000). We stay the week for the fall race.

Charlotte is a great track though. The speedway club is definately nice to have.

Diesel
05-06-2005, 09:20 AM
Holiday Island, Lake Table Rock for us................ :)

LakePirate
05-06-2005, 09:47 AM
No, We only camp at the sites with the full hook ups, and to stay for both, you have to buy 2 weeks ($1000). We stay the week for the fall race.

Charlotte is a great track though. The speedway club is definately nice to have.

Watching racing is an expensive hobby.

bcampbe7
05-06-2005, 09:49 AM
Lake Havasu, Arizona. Need I say more.

Yes, you could have followed that up with..."and I will have plenty of pictures for 'The List' when I return."

Mattercraft
05-06-2005, 11:31 AM
I don't think the admin will let me put those kinds of pics on this site.

MarkP
05-06-2005, 11:59 AM
Farmer and Wildman's Memorial Day Weekend will go something like this.

Friday evening --- setup campers, slalom course. Miller Time!!!!

Saturday --- slalom course, breakfast, pull kids, Miller Time, lunch, rest, Miller Time, pull kids, cruise the lake, Miller Time, slalom course, Miller Time, Wildman's famous Pork Chops, Miller Time, Miller Time, oh you get the point !

Sunday --- slalom course, breakfast, Miller Time, pull kids, Miller Time, lunch, Miller Time, cruise the lake, Miller Time, pull kids, Miller Time, hurry to store for more Miller , slalom course, Miller Time, Wildman's famous ribs, Miller Time, repeat Miller Time we have plenty.

Monday --- Miller Time (damn haedhache :mad: ), Slalom course, yes Brandy we can go home before I get drunk again!!!
Donít sound too off the wall. It does sound to me like your going a little light on the Miller this year.

For me

I will be at/on one of the local lakes and I too will be enjoying the Wildmans rib and chop recipe but with the PA twist. Thanks Brad

east tx skier
05-06-2005, 12:05 PM
The wakeboarding wakes get progressively smaller the more miller times you have.

I'll be in Galveston with no ski boat. :cry:

aprgriggs
05-06-2005, 12:16 PM
I will be on Lake Lewisville for all of you Dallas/ Ft Worth MC's.

Anybody camping close by.

bfinley
05-06-2005, 12:17 PM
Does anyone know of any good camping/boading spots in Wisconsin??

Brandon

erkoehler
05-06-2005, 12:47 PM
Where in WI? Southern, Central, Norhtern? I know of places in Northern WI if that is where you are looking.

bfinley
05-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Northern Wisconsin sounds good. I was thinking Eagle River/Boulder Junction area.

erkoehler
05-06-2005, 02:17 PM
I have (family) a resort in Eagle River area. I could get you a good deal on a cabin if you are interested! We have 2 and 3 bedrooms available.

If you are looking for camping.....

The following campgrounds offer full hook-ups: Arbor Vitae Campground 715/356-5146, At Watters Edge Campground 715/277-3811, Cedar Falls Campground 715/356-4953, Fox Fire Campground 715/356-6470 or Indian Shores Campground 715/356-5552. One of them should be able to help you out.

Let me know if you need more info....

bfinley
05-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Are any of them right on the water. I would like to be able to keep the boat in the water at night.

bfinley
05-06-2005, 03:01 PM
One more question- your name looks familiar. Do you post on John Dee's website as well??

east tx skier
05-06-2005, 03:46 PM
What's the lake sort of close to Alpine Valley? JimN, I know you can answer this one.

bfinley
05-06-2005, 03:59 PM
Which one - perhaps Lake Beulah??

east tx skier
05-06-2005, 04:11 PM
I don't know. An old friend of mine married a girl with a place on a lake in Wisconsin. They're in Chicago. They have a Craft, but calling it a MasterCraft would not be correct

Cloaked
05-06-2005, 10:38 PM
I may just have to PM you the deal on the chops and Ribs ;) !Must be a lengthy recipe... :uglyhamme

bradamerry
05-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Must be a lengthy recipe... :uglyhamme
PM me dude, I will give you my digits... I will have to tell you the secret.. That's the only way I can tell you...

Leroy
05-06-2005, 11:57 PM
Brad; don't start getting all funny on us, you can share the recipe, I shared pizza on the grill!

Maybe you should be shipping those bar-b-que delights around like those places in Memphis?

Unrelated trivia, arrived back from CA and emptied my first Corona and there was an empty already in the recycle basket? How does that happen?

erkoehler
05-07-2005, 01:27 AM
One more question- your name looks familiar. Do you post on John Dee's website as well??

I do post all the time in the winter on John Dee.

erkoehler
05-07-2005, 01:29 AM
Are any of them right on the water. I would like to be able to keep the boat in the water at night.

I know that the Arbor Vitae one is on the water. The rest you would have to call on. Not sure about Arbor Vitae lake for a MC though.

You may want to find a place on Lake Minocqua.

School Skier
05-07-2005, 06:40 AM
I'll be staying home! I don't do holiday weekends because of the fruits, nuts and vegetables at the lake. I mean the people who are careless on the water! And then the all night fire works kind of hard to ski after everyone else has been up all night partying.

erkoehler
05-07-2005, 07:22 AM
I'll be staying home! I don't do holiday weekends because of the fruits, nuts and vegetables at the lake. I mean the people who are careless on the water! And then the all night fire works kind of hard to ski after everyone else has been up all night partying.

I will agree with that. We have a lake without public access, so it stays quite, but I like to go into town to check out the ramp on the chain o' lakes, it is always a zoo. Or, garden in your case :D

6ballsisall
05-07-2005, 08:05 AM
Got a feeling we will be chillin at home. Was invited to go to a really fun lake in KY and camp but somehow I don't think Debi (read 7 1/2 months prego) will want to be sleeping in a tent for the weekend. :rolleyes:

bradamerry
05-07-2005, 09:36 AM
Brad; don't start getting all funny on us, you can share the recipe, I shared pizza on the grill!

Maybe you should be shipping those bar-b-que delights around like those places in Memphis?

Unrelated trivia, arrived back from CA and emptied my first Corona and there was an empty already in the recycle basket? How does that happen?
Ok, Ok, I will think on starting a thread for the RIBS!!! :rolleyes: