PDA

View Full Version : Fulton Trailer Jack 3 yr Warranty Replacement

macattack
10-28-2008, 03:52 PM
My 2005 MC trailer Fulton Jack failed as I tried to remove the trailer from my Jeep. As I was turning the jack handle, I could hear the gears slipping. I won't bore you w/the challenge of getting the trailer off the Jeep and back in the proper angle in my garage.

I called the local MC dealer and asked about the jack warranty; said is was only one year. Found the trailer jack paperwork and it states it has a 3yr limited warranty. Called Cequent/Fulton (715-693-1700; www.fultonperformance.com/home.html) and talked to Bill in the technical department. Great guy and was very helpful. Bottom line, you pay the cost of mailing the jack back to him, he evaluates it in one day, and as long as it wasn't abused, he sends you a new one and at no cost to you. The new model has a grease zerk fitting at the top of the tube which makes it a lot easier to keep the gears lubricated and also a drain hole in the tube which prevents water from corroding the internal parts. You can also upgrade to their sharkskin model which is made with "maximum" corrosion resistant parts for $35.

Again, great customer service! Hope this helps, mac

Sodar
10-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Great Info! Did you get the Sharkskin? The jack looks really nice over the standard zinc coated OEM jack.

ttu
10-28-2008, 03:59 PM
while on this subject, does anyone know if the new fulton f2 will fit on mc trailers

Sodar
10-28-2008, 04:02 PM
No.. the F2 has a different mounting plate. You would need to either bolt the new plate on or grind your existing plate off and install the new plate.

ttu
10-28-2008, 04:07 PM
No.. the F2 has a different mounting plate. You would need to either bolt the new plate on or grind your existing plate off and install the new plate.

cameron, thanks for letting me know. mine looks like it's about to fall off and it's only a year old. guess i will need to contact fulton directly.

Sodar
10-28-2008, 04:11 PM
When you call them, as them about the F2. I wonder if they have any type of adapter that would let it work on our trailers. The F2 looks sweet for sure.

ttu
10-28-2008, 04:16 PM
cameron, just talked with bill and he said there is no adapter in the works yet.

ntidsl
10-28-2008, 04:30 PM
this is freakin sweet...i love this website...I wont even bother trying to get the warranty...i could care less but mine has always sucked cranking...I have to use my body weight to start cranking it...I just never knew where to find a new one to fit

macattack
10-28-2008, 08:23 PM
Yes, I did order the upgraded "sharkskin" coating; the jack in the attached picture is what I received. I also, asked Bill about upgrading to the F2, but that "warranty" option upgrade was not available. Also, as some of you have already found out, they haven't modified the F2 to fit our welded-on single bolt bracket...

ntidsl
01-07-2009, 09:09 AM
is that the xp10 then that fits the 197 trailers?

ntidsl
01-07-2009, 09:43 AM
nope its the xp15...i got it now...i think

CameronCarey
01-07-2009, 12:19 PM
some dealerships will pick up that shipping cost and do the footwork for you.........marine retail stores often do also....

macattack
01-11-2009, 06:36 PM
ntidsl: Correct on the XP15 (or XP15S if you get the Sharkskin version); the bolt thru swivel jack fits on my 2005 MC 197PS trailer; probably other year trailers also, but don't have that info...mac