PDA

View Full Version : recommend wakesurf rack for 03 zero flex?

brucemac
10-28-2008, 02:37 PM
anybody with an 02-04 zero flex added a wakesurf rack to their tower?

i'm looking for options and suggestions. i'd prefer to have it on the side if possible. i know there are some that do not work well (slip and turn), so looking for someone who's had success with this recently.

thanks in advance.

ttu
10-28-2008, 02:51 PM
dbot5 is the best i found.

started with a monster tower surf rack and it's quality was not near that of the dbot5. plus it holds 2 boards.

bturner2
10-28-2008, 02:54 PM
I'm using my stock MC racks that have the locking levers and spring loaded fingers without and any problems. We have mostly Inland Surfer boards and a Broadcast. It was a bit scarey when a friend took off for a 40MPH run in chop but nothing broke loose (we decided to quickly replace the driver). I was looking at a 06 X2 with what looked like the same racks but appearently they've made the slots smaller and won't fit surfboards now. Kind of dissapointing as I'm looking to move up to this boat from my 03 X2.

ttu
10-28-2008, 02:56 PM
I'm using my stock MC racks that have the locking levers and spring loaded fingers without and any problems. We have mostly Inland Surfer boards and a Broadcast. It was a bit scarey when a friend took off for a 40MPH run in chop but nothing broke loose (we decided to quickly replace the driver). I was looking at a 06 X2 with what looked like the same racks but appearently they've made the slots smaller and won't fit surfboards now. Kind of dissapointing as I'm looking to move up to this boat from my 03 X2.

my inland surfer blue lake fit in my 07 x2 racks.

brucemac
10-28-2008, 03:02 PM
bturner2, you're getting a wakesurf board in your 03 ratchet style racks? which inland boards?

i'm trying to decide between a phase 5 oogle or an 08 inland red woody.

ChicagoX55
10-28-2008, 04:01 PM
bturner2, you're getting a wakesurf board in your 03 ratchet style racks? which inland boards?

I have a new oogle and love it!!!

rgardjr
10-28-2008, 04:08 PM
I was looking at a 06 X2 with what looked like the same racks but appearently they've made the slots smaller and won't fit surfboards now.

Both my Inland Surfer boards fit. The loogie is a much tighter fit than the blue lake, but they both fit in the factory racks.

sand2snow22
10-28-2008, 05:20 PM

Bruce, you need to get your hands on the clamping board racks. I believe they switched to them in 2004. You will love them! :D I think they will fit your tower, but not 100% sure

brucemac
10-28-2008, 05:32 PM
sand2snow, which one's are you talking about? are you talking about the smaller one's that they swithed to in 04?

i have the big one's from 03 that they only made one year.

i'd LOVE to upgrade, but people say you can't... maybe i'll post a thread and ask the dealers

sand2snow22
10-28-2008, 05:45 PM
Isn't this a 2003 with the smaller clamping racks?

http://www.mastercraft.com/market/showproduct.php?product=2475&cat=6

Do you have the ones that clamp the edge of the board?

brucemac
10-28-2008, 05:54 PM
yeah, that's one that i've seen. i believe i even pm'd that guy asking him, but never heard back.

yeah, mine are the larger one's that clamp on to the sides of the board. they still work great, but they do date the boat and it would be nice to get the newer style if it was possible. i posted another thread.

the other issue is, if/when mine do fail, it will be very hard to find replacements.

bturner2
10-29-2008, 07:35 PM
My 03 X2 has the newer racks that clamp on the front and back(top and bottom). I have pictures of my boat on the Market Place page in hopes of finding it a new owner so I can pick up the 06 X2.
I have a 06 Red Tide Woody and a 07 Limited Blue Lake (wood finish on bottom). Love both boards. Switch between the two depending on wake conditions or if I just feel like crusing I'll take the Red Tide. Both fit very well in my racks, haven't had any problems. My dealer was the one that told me the new racks wouldn't hold my boards. Glad to hear it isn't so. Heard a lot of good things about Phase 5 just haven't found a dealer up here in Michigan that sells them that I could get a demo from or know anyone with one. Would love to take one for a ride. Would hate to drop $500 - $600 on a board without riding it first.

brucemac
10-29-2008, 08:05 PM
well, i just measured and unless i'm missing something there's no way the 08 red woody will fit in my 03 racks. the 08 is 22.5in and my rack is at least a couple inches shy of that fully opened. the blue lake might fit, but i'm a bigger guy, and think i need the larger board. bummer.