PDA

View Full Version : S&S Snap Cover

c_pohja
10-27-2008, 10:36 PM
Who out there has done a snap cover on their S&S. i'm thinking about a winter project and need some ideas on a few things.

1. Where did you put the snaps?
2. What material did you use?
3. What would you do different?
4. Post your Pics!!!

Thanks for the help

h2oskifreak
10-27-2008, 10:44 PM
I personally wouldn't put snaps on my S & S. I have another boat (family type) and they work fine for it, but for a true ski boat they just get in the way. Just my singular opinion.

TMCNo1
10-28-2008, 07:19 AM
I personally wouldn't put snaps on my S & S. I have another boat (family type) and they work fine for it, but for a true ski boat they just get in the way. Just my singular opinion.

Times 2!!!!!!!

ski_king
10-28-2008, 08:01 AM
X 3 .

I plan to stick with straps.
Also my next cover will be a waterline cover to protect the sides from the UV's.

ShamrockIV
10-28-2008, 08:14 AM
X4.........

JohnnyB
10-28-2008, 08:28 AM
I looked at the snap cover that is factory MC (cockpit and bow covers). I did not like it. The snaps did not stay in the windshield channel at all. Go to your dealer and look at one.

MC2000190
10-28-2008, 10:06 AM
X5....................................

russlars
10-28-2008, 10:15 AM
I had a snap cover on my previous boat. I will echo what others have said. I like my ratcheting cover much better both on the water and for towing. You probably cannot get a stock cover like this for your S&S but if you are going to have one custom made I would look into this option.:twocents:

Prostar Rich
10-28-2008, 10:19 AM
Putting snaps on that boat is sacrilegious.

Prostar Rich

c_pohja
10-28-2008, 10:31 AM
WOW, So i guess i shouln't tell you all about the tower and ballast system i just ordered!!! Just joking. No tower here, I am really just looking for a good towing cover solution. My dad has a really nice snap cover on his Tri-Star, but with the shape of those boats the snaps are out of the way tucked below the rub rail and rear deck. Any ideas welcome

ski_king
10-28-2008, 11:34 AM
My next cover for my S&S will come from skiboatcovers.com
http://www.skiboatcovers.com/boatstyle.php?manufacturer=mastercraft

Model: MC1219 Sunbrella

OhioX14
10-28-2008, 12:11 PM
WOW, So i guess i shouln't tell you all about the tower and ballast system i just ordered!!! Just joking. No tower here, I am really just looking for a good towing cover solution. My dad has a really nice snap cover on his Tri-Star, but with the shape of those boats the snaps are out of the way tucked below the rub rail and rear deck. Any ideas welcome

As much as I hated the ratcheting cover that came with my X14 I would think it would be ideal for any boat WITHOUT a tower. I would have preferred not putting snaps on my boat but they're on the bottom of the rub rail and barely visible. The things I hated about the ratcheting cover were the lack of any way of cinching around the tower legs (leaked like a sieve) and the crazy web system that held the supporting poles up. I also felt that sooner or later that ratchet assembly was going to hit something, or someone, and do some damage. I like my snap on custom cover very much. Just my :twocents:

oldriver
10-28-2008, 01:23 PM
I have 5 snaps under the rub rail on my 190.Out of sight and the top is always there even after a 50 mph wind storm.To each there own,but on a lift straps are not a practical solution for me