PDA

View Full Version : Going to Puerta, What do you recommend?

h2oskifreak
10-27-2008, 04:32 PM
I'm going to P.V. in 8 days. Went 3 years ago and a few times 15 years ago. I did the Jungle Canopy (Zip Line), Roberto's Seafood Rest., Parasailing, and Deep Sea Fishing. Other than those, does anyone have anything that I should not pass on? Taking my girlfriend, so no fishing this time. Recommendations on things that are romantic or she would enjoy especially appreciated. Thanks in advance, Freak

Sodar
10-27-2008, 04:34 PM
Get out on a charter sportfisher and do some fishing. Find a good crew who know the spots. Take the girlfriend with you... she will love it! Catch a fish, throw it on ice and have sushi on the way back...

h2oskifreak
10-27-2008, 04:39 PM
Get out on a charter sportfisher and do some fishing. Find a good crew who know the spots. Take the girlfriend with you... she will love it! Catch a fish, throw it on ice and have sushi on the way back...
I have chartered each time I have gone to the Pacific side of Mexico (Matzalan, Cabo) and just don't think it is her thing. She is kinda Animal Rights type and the clubbing of a sail fish just isn't going to get me any points, believe me. I appreciate the suggestion, it's a good one, just not for this trip.

No Skeez
10-27-2008, 04:52 PM
I have chartered each time I have gone to the Pacific side of Mexico (Matzalan, Cabo) and just don't think it is her thing. She is kinda Animal Rights type and the clubbing of a sail fish just isn't going to get me any points, believe me. I appreciate the suggestion, it's a good one, just not for this trip.

Just ran through the scene in my head of my last three Acapulco fishing trips... Mahi Mahi and Sailfish flopping around the deck and the deckhand swinging at 'em like his life depended on it! Thanks for the flashback... After having our first snowfall today I needed a little sunshine pick-me-up!

JMann
10-27-2008, 05:29 PM
I was there 2 years ago. The company Vallarta Adventures does anything you need or want to do. They have a dinner called rythems of the night. It's about $75 per person but includes a booze cruise to and from the location. It was nice there's a show and dinner on the beach afterwards then a boat ride back. It stay fairly close to shore so the water is smooth with nice views of the land.
The Outdoor Adventure is a lot of fun too. We did this the first couple weeks it was open. They didn't have the boat ride or 4x4 ride. They drove us up in a truck then we took the donkeys to the top. It was a lot of fun and fairly easy my wife had no problem doing it.

Here is there website they were a good organization the people spoke english and were fun and nice to be around.

http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/

You guys will have a blast.

h2oskifreak
10-27-2008, 05:42 PM
I was there 2 years ago. The company Vallarta Adventures does anything you need or want to do. They have a dinner called rythems of the night. It's about $75 per person but includes a booze cruise to and from the location. It was nice there's a show and dinner on the beach afterwards then a boat ride back. It stay fairly close to shore so the water is smooth with nice views of the land.
The Outdoor Adventure is a lot of fun too. We did this the first couple weeks it was open. They didn't have the boat ride or 4x4 ride. They drove us up in a truck then we took the donkeys to the top. It was a lot of fun and fairly easy my wife had no problem doing it.

Here is there website they were a good organization the people spoke english and were fun and nice to be around.

http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/

You guys will have a blast.

Thanks for the link! I used them for the Canopy Tour and loved it. I can give the gf a better idea of what to prepare for w/ the vidoe on the link.

I saw a "Pirate Cruise" on the T.V. show Hogan Knows Best. Does anyone know about that?

If I can't find the Pirare thing, "Rythems" looks good. Thank You

ChicagoX55
10-27-2008, 05:45 PM
I was there a few years ago and we went to a seafood resturant in the mountains, it has great views and is very romantic. . . I'm not sure of the name but if you ask someone at the hotel I'm sure they would know.

h2oskifreak
10-27-2008, 05:58 PM
I was there a few years ago and we went to a seafood resturant in the mountains, it has great views and is very romantic. . . I'm not sure of the name but if you ask someone at the hotel I'm sure they would know.

Does "The Cliffs" sound right? I haven't been there but have heard that name before and if it is the same, it will be included in the schedule for sure.

ChicagoX55
10-27-2008, 06:09 PM
yeah that is it, I did a little research on line to make sure! you will love it, try to make a reservation around sun set. . .

h2oskifreak
10-27-2008, 06:14 PM
yeah that is it, I did a little research on line to make sure! you will love it, try to make a reservation around sun set. . .

Thanks for taking your time. The members here are great. I know it isn't ski related, but this groups opinions I greatly respect and really want to make the most of this trip, as this girl is special.