PDA

View Full Version : Display Not Working On Radio

trickskier
10-27-2008, 09:11 AM
My LED display quit working on my 05 Suburban radio. Seems to be a short in the face. I can push on it and it will illuminate while pressure is on it. Has anyone else had this happen?

T Scott
10-27-2008, 09:18 AM
Yes......simply put left hand on the steering wheel and press on radio with the right hand until it illuminates. This should solve your problem.

Sorry for the smarta$$ answer.......couldn't resist! Hopefully someone smart will be along soon!

trickskier
10-27-2008, 09:28 AM
Yes......simply put left hand on the steering wheel and press on radio with the right hand until it illuminates. This should solve your problem.

Sorry for the smarta$$ answer.......couldn't resist! Hopefully someone smart will be along soon!

Thanks Tom....................8p

SkiDog
10-27-2008, 09:31 AM
That method will also keep you from using that spare hand for other things you shouldn't be doing whilst driving!

Maristar210
10-27-2008, 09:40 AM
Like some I know who are recently empowered,

A loose connection. :confused:

Other than that, I got nuthin' :popcorn::popcorn:

Roonie's
10-27-2008, 09:58 AM
My LED display quit working on my 05 Suburban radio. Seems to be a short in the face. I can push on it and it will illuminate while pressure is on it. Has anyone else had this happen?

All my guages went out on my computer screen. I guess it is a common problem with a couple years of suburbans. Mine is a late 04. They ended up replacing the whole dash cluster under warranty. I have about 52,000 miles on it too. Funny how my mileage went from 52,000 to 54 miles (it became brand new again) and it said I could get 999 miles to the gallon. Talk about efficient!!

When they replaced it all last week they said the mileage is in the main frame of the computer so they were able to access it from there to get the right odometer reading for the new cluster. Everything works again.

Sodar
10-27-2008, 10:02 AM

Infraction!

flipper
10-27-2008, 10:09 AM

Sir, please turn around and place you hands behind your head

trickskier
10-27-2008, 10:10 AM
All my guages went out on my computer screen. I guess it is a common problem with a couple years of suburbans. Mine is a late 04. They ended up replacing the whole dash cluster under warranty. I have about 52,000 miles on it too. Funny how my mileage went from 52,000 to 54 miles (it became brand new again) and it said I could get 999 miles to the gallon. Talk about efficient!!

When they replaced it all last week they said the mileage is in the main frame of the computer so they were able to access it from there to get the right odometer reading for the new cluster. Everything works again.

This is actually a new radio replaced under warrant because the original plastic was chipping off the preset buttons.

Maristar210
10-27-2008, 11:12 AM
Cameron,

Now that's two infractions.

You're foul**************** (oh **** that's antoher infraction) :rolleyes:

88 PS190
10-27-2008, 07:15 PM
Check for stuff in the face preventing a good even close of the face or electrical connections between the contacts.

trickskier
10-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Check for stuff in the face preventing a good even close of the face or electrical connections between the contacts.

I have, there's a short in it somewhere. I thought it was in the wiring harness at first, but it has to be in the face somewhere.