PDA

View Full Version : Are You Ready For Digital TV?

RexDog1
10-24-2008, 12:18 PM
http://www.hulu.com/watch/36608/talkshow-with-spike-feresten-cable-psa

:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
10-24-2008, 12:31 PM
Been ready since 1986 when we got cable and when I was young enough to know how to hook all that crap up!

east tx skier
10-24-2008, 10:53 PM
I've got an over the air HD converter if anyone it interested. Works great, but between the trees and our being at the bottom of a hill, we can't pick up more than two locals with a roof antenna.

dapicatti
10-24-2008, 11:40 PM
I can't believe they have to keep promoting this....who doesn't already know this?

88 PS190
10-25-2008, 02:36 AM
Yup, we bought a samsung LCD it picks up probably 25 over the air channels on that.

Bought the walmart box w/ one of my coupons (+9$) it works pretty well on the TV in the garage. Probably 20ish channels for some reason it doesn't get our local PBS station, which is a shame, the PBS HD around Chicago are the cooking shows and what not.

Have the other coupon, so I might pick up the bestbuy or the dishnetwork box just to see if its different.

We have a giant on roof aerial antenna. Works pretty well in the Chicago suburbs.

Andyg
10-25-2008, 12:44 PM
At home I am fine, however at my cabin I am screwed. Even if I get a converter box for my old analog TV I am so far out in the middle of nowhere that I will not be able to get recepetion. I currently get pretty fuzzy reception on about 4 channels. Going to digital requires a minimum signal strength to "lock" on the signal and get a picture. Unless I go out an buy a new antenna and amplifier I am SOL.

TMCNo1
10-25-2008, 12:49 PM
I can't believe they have to keep promoting this....who doesn't already know this?

Probably not, some people are just now getting indoor plumbing, haven't you heard?:rolleyes::D