PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump warenty

SPLIFF
10-21-2008, 02:35 PM
does anyone know how long a fuel pump is under warenty ?for a 95 prostar 350hp from bennett's ski school (mastercraft dealer) i have had it 6 months i was looking for the recipte i called them and left message .i was hoping somebody knew how long the warenty is good for.if the warenty is out does anybody know a place that rebuilds them.

endl
10-21-2008, 03:13 PM
???????? You bought a used 95 model prostar..........My guess would be "as is no Warranty" like any used vehicle unless you bought an extended warranty from the dealer or they gave you a warranty plan when you bought the boat.

jraben8
10-21-2008, 03:25 PM
On a '95 I'm afraid that warranty plan would be your back pocket and the tool box over in the corner. But a place like that may help you out. It can't hurt to ask...

bigmac
10-21-2008, 03:56 PM
does anyone know how long a fuel pump is under warenty ?for a 95 prostar 350hp from bennett's ski school (mastercraft dealer) i have had it 6 months i was looking for the recipte i called them and left message .i was hoping somebody knew how long the warenty is good for.if the warenty is out does anybody know a place that rebuilds them.

Current fuel pump warranty is one year from MasterCraft. The engine and powertrain warranty is 3 years from Indmar. With the possible exception that MasterCraft might step up and cover known problems well beyond the warranty period, you're boat is well out of warranty.

88 PS190
10-21-2008, 04:26 PM
The Bennetts are good people, but legally have no reason to warranty the pump.

worth a call.

SPLIFF
10-21-2008, 04:41 PM
bennett's called back it is under warrenty i was just talking about the fuel pump in the boat i purchased 6 months ago I had the boat since it was new. I should have not put the yr of the boat in post it made it misleading.

88 PS190
10-21-2008, 04:51 PM
Got it, so you paid for a new pump, and it went out 6 months later.

This is why Bennetts seems to get alot of repeat business.