PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Bart's Customer Service

Skipper
10-21-2008, 11:41 AM
I know, it's a Mastercraft site. But many people who visit this site also shop for watersports equipment. Just wanted to thank Bart's.

Bart's just made good on a bad set of Goode Powershells when Goode refused to step up. I bought the Powershell IV's from Barts.

They were problematic, to say the least. In one month I had several bad spills from pre-release (the bindings just fell off the ski - causing a crash - not resulting from one); I had to replace puzzle pieces, heel lift spring assemblies, Interloc Tape, and more at my cost.

Goode kept sending me replacement parts and telling me that it was operator error. I kept paying. Finally, I separated my clavicle from my sternum when the binding plate just fell off between the 2 ball and the first wake at 34mph.

Bart's was willing to give me a complete refund. I just had to ship the bindings back to them. That is good customer service.

Even better, a member on this site, No Skeez, gave me a smoking deal on some Radar RS-1's to replace the Powershells. Thanks brother.

Sodar
10-21-2008, 11:53 AM
Thats Good to hear! I have always had great luck with the watersports retailers. I think they know they have a niche market and do all they can to keep that niche happy.

coz
10-21-2008, 12:05 PM
I know, it's a Mastercraft site. But many people who visit this site also shop for watersports equipment. Just wanted to thank Bart's.

Bart's just made good on a bad set of Goode Powershells when Goode refused to step up. I bought the Powershell IV's from Barts.

They were problematic, to say the least. In one month I had several bad spills from pre-release (the bindings just fell off the ski - causing a crash - not resulting from one); I had to replace puzzle pieces, heel lift spring assemblies, Interloc Tape, and more at my cost.

Goode kept sending me replacement parts and telling me that it was operator error. I kept paying. Finally, I separated my clavicle from my sternum when the binding plate just fell off between the 2 ball and the first wake at 34mph.

Bart's was willing to give me a complete refund. I just had to ship the bindings back to them. That is good customer service.

Even better, a member on this site, No Skeez, gave me a smoking deal on some Radar RS-1's to replace the Powershells. Thanks brother.

I'll give a thumbs up to Barts too :D

Jesus_Freak
10-21-2008, 01:48 PM

I have never worked with Barts, but No Skeez is excellent to work with!

flipper
10-21-2008, 02:21 PM
I buy from barts quite a bit, and always had good service from them. I've had a few problems, not their fault, and they took care of it right away.

Slinkyredfoot
10-21-2008, 07:32 PM
I am very happy for your positive remarks regarding Bart's, he has been a friend for many, many years and bought my first Majarajah ski from him many moons ago.

Bart's is a first class operation, not to mention the charitable causes he supports for water sports and conservation causes in our lake area in northern Indiana....Great company and greater guy and family...

This is a picture of Bart at the Governor's daughter weeding last fall...Bart is in the middle after maybe just one cocktail....:D

88 PS190
10-21-2008, 07:36 PM
Hip Hip...

Only problem I have is that I really wish more retailers would get into higher quality gear. Barts carrying Goode is one of the only examples I can think of for a big company like Barts carrying the more specialized equipment. But it does have unique concerns.

ProTour X9
10-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Thumbs up to Bart's!

Slinkyredfoot
10-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Hip Hip...

Only problem I have is that I really wish more retailers would get into higher quality gear. Barts carrying Goode is one of the only examples I can think of for a big company like Barts carrying the more specialized equipment. But it does have unique concerns.

Do you have specific ideas and thoughts on what you would like?

88 PS190
10-21-2008, 08:26 PM
D3, Wileys, Comp vests, Better glove selections, Goode, the higher line skis from companies like HO.

I'm not saying it'll ever happen, many of these are just items that I view as essential waterski gear. That I would expect to be solt by watersports retailers, which companies like Barts and Overton's seem to be increasingly getting out of carrying.

Slinkyredfoot
10-21-2008, 08:39 PM
D3, Wileys, Comp vests, Better glove selections, Goode, the higher line skis from companies like HO.

I'm not saying it'll ever happen, many of these are just items that I view as essential waterski gear. That I would expect to be solt by watersports retailers, which companies like Barts and Overton's seem to be increasingly getting out of carrying.

Points taken...so where are you currently purchasing your aforementioned ideas and suggestions?

JohnE
10-21-2008, 09:13 PM
Skipper, glad it worked out so well. I remember the thread about the problems.

88 PS190
10-21-2008, 11:08 PM
Points taken...so where are you currently purchasing your aforementioned ideas and suggestions?
Manufacturer, mastercraft dealership proshops/wakeboard shops.

I haven't ordered anything from barts or overton's for quite some time. Probably 3 years ago I noticed that when I look through the magazine it stopped being products I wanted.

I think wakeboarding becoming more and more popular has had alot to do with the change in the variety of products carried for the slalom skiers. Pages of wake lines/side buckle vests. Half page of slalom handles and gloves. 10 pages of wakeboards, 2 of waterskis etc.

And its the market, but its a shame.