PDA

View Full Version : Party Barge

Dball
10-15-2008, 02:12 PM
I was just given a 25ish foot aqua patio pontoon boat. If I could move it I could have it LOL. So I did. Interior is shot going to rip it out and leave it open just use folding chairs or something. I am thinking of installing a diving board,sliding board and a grill. Does anyone have any idea's or pics of other pontoon boats they've seen?

endl
10-15-2008, 02:21 PM
I refurbised an old 24 foot one time. New stainless hardware, paint, carpet, furniture the whole nine yards. Its simple work just takes time, and money.

Make sure it has a good deck and go from there. We had a crawfish boil one time on ours. They are fun boats to lounge on.

I used to say I would never own a poontoon boat but when I did I acutally enjoyed it.

wakeX2wake
10-15-2008, 04:19 PM
put a wakeboard slider down one side of it!!!

ORX-1
10-15-2008, 06:21 PM
My parents have a Permier 23 foot and it's so nice to have on the water! We use it as a base to eat and lounge. You're lucky that you have a clean slate to work with, you can make it any way you want! post pics!

TMCNo1
10-15-2008, 09:13 PM
Maristar210 did a refurb last winter, contact him.

Ben
10-15-2008, 11:41 PM
ours is like that - I call it the "lawn chair special"... Don't cover it or worry about anything. Birds or rain will clean it up... If you have small kids, I've seen small slides on the front. We've also filled one of the ~4' diameter platic baby pools on it before to give the babies something to do while we were out skiing. Grill is good. A table of some sort is a huge plus, for drinks, snacks, etc.
I use 2 gas tanks. Run one until empty, then switch to the other and I have at least a week or so to fill / mix the other (6 gal tanks). This way you never have to worry about checking for gas.

I've seen a few that have diving boards off the top (double decker). Looks fun too & kids love it. Find a good deal on a bimini too, or canopy top. Also, get 6 bumpers to leave hanging from the sides to you never have to mess with that to tie a ski boat off to it.

Wake2wake
10-16-2008, 12:04 AM
ill get a pic of it tommorrow hopefully, but we have a 28 ft pontoon which the only actual funiture on it is the helm with the steering wheel and the drivers seat. the rest of the seats are just white plastic lawn chairs. the only problem with this would be if you had an engine with any power these tip and collapse with a sudden change of speed. on my boat this is countered by only having a 40 hp engine. lol. which helps make it the perfect party barge because at full speed there is not a lot of damage it can do and having nothing of any actual worth on it, there is nothing to break when the party gets out of hand. and by nothing to break i mean nothing, we have a stereo head unit from around the late 70's when the boat was made, but no speakers since they were all in the old seats, now we just bring an old portable stereo out with us and tie it to the top platform.

good luck and have fun with yours!!

SunCoast 83
10-16-2008, 01:01 AM
A Keg!.......

Wake2wake
10-16-2008, 01:24 AM
A Keg!.......

Yeah that might have something to do with why we now have a rubber dock bumper running the length of the side of the boat when the "pig" as we call it, clipped the corner of the dock and sheered the original aluminum one off.

as far as the name of the boat, a friend of mine bought me a concrete statue of a pig to put out on the front. we now have tied a noose around the neck of the pig and use it as our anchor!

uawaterskier
10-16-2008, 02:18 AM
one word of advice is don't throw the railing away around the side. Apparently no one makes the stuff. Also, if you do want to get rid of it, you can make some good money on ebay if it is in decent shape.

Hollywood
10-16-2008, 11:42 AM
We've got a 79 Harris that is is basically down to the aluminum side rails too. Not sure if it's worth the $800 slip each year but we do like having it out there.

dummy
10-16-2008, 12:08 PM
My friends and I always argue about which one of us should buy the pontoon boat so we don't have to load day camp stuff in and out of our MasterCraft/MB/Nautique/etc.

Couple highlights we're talking about putting on if/when we ever pull the trigger:

Generator
Ice Maker
DJ system (one of my friends did it in college - we'd just build mounts and quick-disconnects for his 115V amp, speakers, etc.)
BBQ
'Fridge
Some place for the kids to hang out and nap/eat under the shade.
Slide
Maybe some sort of flip-down ramp to run the jet ski up on

wakeX2wake
10-16-2008, 12:18 PM
GOT to have a wakeboard slider on it... the slider would go all the way down the port side... i'm seeing a hand controlled johnson on the back of a 28 footer w/ a kiddie pool on board... couple of patio sets w/ shades... a charcoal grill... in floor cooler (somewhere in the neighborhood of 120 qts)... and a table for beer pong... boat fenders all down both sides w/ plenty of ties... and a hanging rack (like in a dept store) so as to display all proper safety equipment... life jackets, throwable w/ a rope, etc etc... just so its obvious when the shore patrol pulls up that we have everything

and i'll work on how i'll hook up a tv and satellite for those saturdays late in the season when you're torn between your alma mater and or favorite team and the water sport you love

Prostar Rich
10-16-2008, 12:38 PM
Something like this?

Prostar Rich

wakeX2wake
10-16-2008, 12:57 PM
Something like this?

Prostar Rich

now THAT is freakin' sweet...

rich how's the wife? the swimsuit thread misses her:D

Dball
10-16-2008, 01:35 PM
I knew I wasn't the only one with pontoon fantasy's! I can't wait to get started. I'll post pick once I figure out how?

wakeX2wake
10-16-2008, 01:42 PM
one thing to think about on your patio furniture... i would try to find some that all fold down... either youre going to have to put it in your truck or strap it to the toon when moving the barge... either way... life will be much better if it folds down...:headbang:

ORX-1
10-16-2008, 02:48 PM
check out overton's you can order the seats and everything for these boats. All you would have to do is screw them into the deck. you can get a whole interior for cheap. just pick the pieces you want and the rest can be the above mentioned items!

Hollywood
10-16-2008, 03:33 PM
This is a party barge!