PDA

View Full Version : Help! Surf ballast x2

Justjoe
10-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Hey,

How are you setting up your x2 for surfing. I ride goofy, and can't get a clean wake.

Itsme
10-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Assuming that you have a 2006-2008 X2 -
Full rear starbord ballast
550 lb Launch Pad in rear starboard compartment
800 lb Launch Pad on seat behind driver
Full tank of fuel -or- full front stock ballast

This will give you a pretty clean goofy wake. If it is still curling over with wash, remove the 550 from the rear locker to balance the weight of the boat from front to back.

Good luck!!

duramaxer
10-18-2008, 04:05 PM
I have been messing with my 08 all summer and have gotten a clean wake but more so for the regular footers. It did take a bunch of weight for it to not have a wash on top.
I have a 500lb bag in the rear locker and then had (now guessing) 800lbs of people in the boat. The KGB full and then the rear depending wich side we were surfing.
I do think that I am going to install the fly high over this winter and see how that goes in the spring.
Not sure if this helps at all?

Justjoe
10-19-2008, 11:20 AM
Yeah, Iv'e put the fly high sack in the starboard corner. Tried with just the rear corner weighted, added filling the kgb, added about 600 on the seat in the rear. Put in the integrated front sac. mixed and matched filling, and emptying in all kinds of ways. Still getting alot of wash on the wake top. Pulling at 10.3mph.