PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a mastercraft

mbpd312
10-15-2008, 09:59 AM
Then you need to contact Chris Rising @ Devils Lake Water Sports... I was new to the mastercraft game, just making a purchase on a 1997 ps 190. I had so many questions and he answered everything I asked. He knew I wasnt in the market for a boat, but still went out of his way to make sure I knew what I was doing. When I didnt understand one of the problems I was having, we went offsite where he had 1995 ps 190 to show me what I had to do to fix the problem. Not often you get someone that willing to help in this day and age. Thanks Chris.

captain planet
12-19-2011, 02:43 PM
Anybody else have any input to this dealer? Buddy of mine is looking at a used boat they have that I found for him. Just trying to do my homework.

-V-
12-19-2011, 04:54 PM
no clue here, where is it at?

ahhudgins
12-19-2011, 05:04 PM
Anybody else have any input to this dealer? Buddy of mine is looking at a used boat they have that I found for him. Just trying to do my homework.

I purchased my last MC from them and I wasn't too impressed. Long story short, I was told that the boat was "routinely serviced at their shop" which was a load of crap, or they have crappy technicians. Rudder was bent, V-drive oil looked like pea soup, blower didn't work (which they replaced while I was there), motor alignment was about 1/2 inch off. Found out half way back to VA that the trailer brakes didn't work.

I had a major problem with my Prostar trailer during the trip to MI (the boat I traded in) and I had an old hub in my truck with bad bearings it in. I put the old hub on the trailer and informed the salesman about it. He said "We will install a new hub". A week later I saw my old Prostar for sale on their website with the rusty old lug nuts/studs. I hope who ever bought my old Prostar didn't have to travel very far.

This was about 5 years ago, so I hope things have changed since then. Make sure you or your buddy has time to go completely over the boat.

captain planet
12-20-2011, 11:28 AM
I purchased my last MC from them and I wasn't too impressed. Long story short, I was told that the boat was "routinely serviced at their shop" which was a load of crap, or they have crappy technicians. Rudder was bent, V-drive oil looked like pea soup, blower didn't work (which they replaced while I was there), motor alignment was about 1/2 inch off. Found out half way back to VA that the trailer brakes didn't work.

I had a major problem with my Prostar trailer during the trip to MI (the boat I traded in) and I had an old hub in my truck with bad bearings it in. I put the old hub on the trailer and informed the salesman about it. He said "We will install a new hub". A week later I saw my old Prostar for sale on their website with the rusty old lug nuts/studs. I hope who ever bought my old Prostar didn't have to travel very far.

This was about 5 years ago, so I hope things have changed since then. Make sure you or your buddy has time to go completely over the boat.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Sounds like the boat wasn't treated very well by the PO.

My buddy is a step beyond a tire kicker at this point. If we get to a certain point, I would like to find somebody to take a look at a boat at this marina to see if it is worth the trip.

ahhudgins
12-23-2011, 01:29 PM
We call that “The trip from Hell”. We drove straight from VA to MI and then found out there was a NASCAR race that weekend. We had to drive back into Ohio that night just to find a dumpy hotel room. Snapped off lug studs on my trailer going to MI, then over heated my truck brakes going home because of faulty brakes on the newer trailer.

My wife always laughs when we get a post card from the Marina saying they are having an open house with wine and cheese. She says, “You wanna drive up there again?” :rolleyes:

http://www.dlwatersports.com/

madcityskier
12-24-2011, 02:23 PM
The dealer is the Irish Hills area of Michigan, near Michigan International Speedway. Grew up about 15 minutes from the dealer. We always had great luck with them. Knowledgeable and helpful would sum up my family's experiences with them.