PDA

View Full Version : Australian MasterCraft Owners Get Together

AussieMC
10-14-2008, 05:59 AM
Hawkesbury Autumn Madness
H.A.M 09

MasterCraft Boat Owners get together.
3rd, 4th & 5th April 2009
Del Rio Resort, Wisemans Ferry, NSW Aust.
The 2nd annual Australian MasterCraft Owners get together is confirmed for 3rd - 5th April, at Del Rio Resort, Wisemans Ferry, New South Wales on the banks of the mighty Hawkesbury River.

From its humble beginnings of just 2 MasterCrafts in 08, we are hoping for a bigger and better turnout for 09.

Aussie MasterCraft owners are a small, but discerning family of people, come along and show some MasterCraft pride, we all know that it is rare to see more than a couple MasterCraft boats on the same river, let alone the same ski park.

So if you are a proud MasterCraft owner, live in Australia and are able to drag your boat to Wisemans Ferry for a meet and greet, try to keep this weekend free and book a cabin or a camp site and get your families there for a weekend of boating, drinking and talking about how great your boat is.

Details

Open to MasterCraft Boat Owners, which includes their partners, children and friends. Come and go as you please, stay where you choose, and eat where you like.

If you choose to stay at Del Rio mention the MasterCraft Owners Get Together and they will try to put us all in the same area of the resort.
BBQs and Kiosk/Take away available on site.
Sydney Powerboat Centre - MasterCraft dealer will be on site with boards and skis to demo. They are also supplying the food and beverages for the Saturday late arvo/evening BBQ.

Wyld About Boats (Qld Dealer) has indicated that they would like to be involved as well.
http://www.delrioresort.com.au

Attendees Boat
AussieMC 2003 ProStar 197ptt
mallees 2004 X2
markwelsh 2007 X2 Saltwater Series
mikemaree 2007 XStar PWT
Damen 2008 X15
Newport Marine Services 2005 XStar

mikemaree
10-15-2008, 03:38 AM
Booked accomadation today at Del Rio arriving Thursday

AussieMC
10-16-2008, 01:59 AM
That's great Mike, looking forward to meeting you and your family. Mallees will be there all the week before, and I'll get there Thursday arvo about 5.00pm. Should be a great weekend.
Shane.

SkiDog
10-16-2008, 01:23 PM
Lets see if ya'll can post as many pics as we do after the CSM!

Monte
10-16-2008, 01:31 PM
Hell, I want to go!!!

AussieMC
10-16-2008, 04:47 PM
SkiDog - We'll post lots of pics, but I not sure there will be as many boats/people as you guys get at CSM.
Monte - come on down, bring your friends.

Monte
10-16-2008, 04:49 PM
It is not out of the question, but it does back up to CSM so.. Could be a stretch... Sounds like fun though..

mallees
10-16-2008, 07:42 PM
Hey Monte, the way our dollar has dropped against the greenback, you can come down under for almost half price. Our dollar is only buying about $0.68 US at the moment

TMCNo1
10-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Hey Monte, the way our dollar has dropped against the greenback, you can come down under for almost half price. Our dollar is only buying about $0.68 US at the moment

Just let us know when all the gas stations are at along the way and we'll try to make it, Skidog, TMCNo1, Monte and we'll even see if we can get Trickskier to get his out for it's yearly run across the big pond!

AussieMC
10-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Which way are you coming?;) I know there's a gas station at Cape Town, but you should probably check the price before you buy there.:D

mallees
10-16-2008, 10:32 PM
That is the down side, although your dollar will buy more of our dollar, we are paying about AU$6.40/USgallon for petrol.

Newportmarineservices
11-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Hey guys and gals.
Ill be there with my Xstar and my usual crew

Cheers Bradley

wakeX2wake
11-05-2008, 04:33 PM
hopefully i'll be there in time... have a good friend who's good friend's dad owns a beverage company there... "the limu company"... may be seeking employment abroad... i hear you guys suffer through a great climate there... looking for a change of pace

Doug G
11-05-2008, 05:04 PM
We need web hook up from Aussie land to NC . Hey MYMC what's the range on that puddle jumper of yours ? We could charter MYMC Aero and pop down to tip a few with the Aussies! John will take shotgun! Monte said he'd cover fuel costs.

I can bring the web cam to NC if someone can setup the hosting.

AussieMC
01-29-2009, 03:03 PM
Time to really get this event organised. If you are interested in coming please let me know how many people in your party.
Thanks Shane.

SkiDog
01-29-2009, 03:32 PM
You guys from the land down under need to take some organizing lessons from Monte & Harold! SOMEBODY better get on the 'T' Shirt design pretty dang quick! Who's bringing the Apple Pie? What about the pickled Eggs? Who's organizing the friday night Choke & Puke Fried Seafood Buffett? What about the picture with all the boats from the helicopter? Did somebody remember to get some Team Mastercraft Pro skiers to do some skiing clinics? Who's setting up the slalom course? What about surfing lessons? How bout the Thrursday nite get together at the local pub? Whos bringing the cigarettes? Got your trophys all lined up for the reunion boat show winners? What about door prizes, What, how many? Hang over med's, whos bringing them? Did I leave ANYTHING out?
Seems to me, ya'll gots some WORK to do! And a SHORT time to get 'r' dun!:D

AussieMC
01-29-2009, 03:39 PM
We have a saying down here, it's "No worries Mate" everything is under control. But thanks for the heads up on the activities to organise.:)

mallees
01-29-2009, 04:40 PM
Hey Shane, It's good to see you got it covered. I dont think we will have quite as many attendees as they get at CSM, but then again, it looks like we already have a 300% increase.:D Hopefully more people will hear about it and make the trek.

TMCNo1
01-29-2009, 04:56 PM
You guys from the land down under need to take some organizing lessons from Monte & Harold! SOMEBODY better get on the 'T' Shirt design pretty dang quick! Who's bringing the Apple Pie? What about the pickled Eggs? Who's organizing the friday night Choke & Puke Fried Seafood Buffett? What about the picture with all the boats from the helicopter? Did somebody remember to get some Team Mastercraft Pro skiers to do some skiing clinics? Who's setting up the slalom course? What about surfing lessons? How bout the Thrursday nite get together at the local pub? Whos bringing the cigarettes? Got your trophys all lined up for the reunion boat show winners? What about door prizes, What, how many? Hang over med's, whos bringing them? Did I leave ANYTHING out?
Seems to me, ya'll gots some WORK to do! And a SHORT time to get 'r' dun!:D

Don't worry mates, Skidogs off his meds again!:rolleyes::D

SkiDog
01-29-2009, 05:24 PM
Hey Shane, It's good to see you got it covered. I dont think we will have quite as many attendees as they get at CSM, but then again, it looks like we already have a 300% increase.:D Hopefully more people will hear about it and make the trek.

Hey Mallees, you never sent me any pics of the speaker cans you bought from me. How'd they turn out?

mallees
01-29-2009, 07:27 PM
Hi Skidog, I was sure I sent you some pics, but if not, they turned out really good, I ended up stripping them and getting them re-plated. Here is a link to a picture of them
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=12829.

Damen
02-02-2009, 05:19 PM
I have booked a family cabin, only one left apparently. We will be there on the friday and Saturday night with wife, 2 kids and inlaws, so 6 for dinner on Saturday Night.

Damen

AussieMC
02-02-2009, 07:35 PM
Thanks Damen.
Look foward to seeing you there.
Shane

AussieMC
02-09-2009, 08:31 PM
I've spoken to Del Rio resort, and there is rooms still available (No Cabins left) so get in eary if you want to stay there. There is also other accomodation around the area (including House Boats) available.

mallees
03-26-2009, 05:58 PM
Well, its just one week to go till HAM 09. Anybody who was thinking of coming has still got the chance. I'm heading up early, we will be there this Sunday arvo, just to make sure I get the glass to myself for a few days.
Looking forward to meeting the rest of you guys.

AussieMC
03-26-2009, 06:28 PM
G'day Mal,
Have a safe trip up to the Hawkesbury, I'll be there on Thursday Arvo.
Spoke to Hayden (QLD Dealer), he is coming down, bringing a demo X2 and Harley Clifford's (sponsored rider) X Star. Harley and his dad are flying down also.
Can't wait it will be a great weekend.

mallees
03-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Great news that Hayden has come on board, it will also be great to meet Bill, and Harley fresh from his Australian National Championship title win last weekend. I can't wait to see Harley's new X-Star up close, that wrap looks great in all the pics I've seen.

Yee ha 4 more hours and I'm on holidays for 2 weeks.:D :D :D

Leah
03-26-2009, 11:22 PM
Anyone interested in "house trading" for next year's event????

AussieMC
03-27-2009, 04:16 PM
We could possibly do some House trading next year, i think that would be great. I would love to go to CSM and show some of the boys how the "Aussies" party.

trickskier
03-27-2009, 04:17 PM
We could possibly do some House trading next year, i think that would be great. I would love to go to CSM and show some of the boys how the "Aussies" party.

You haven't partied till you've been to CSM.................;)

Monte
03-27-2009, 04:24 PM
I would love to go to CSM and show some of the boys how the "Aussies" party.

Amen brutha.. It is not too late:cool:;) Come on up!!
Seriously, I hope ya'll have a good time down there

mallees
03-27-2009, 05:57 PM
If you go, I'll jump in your suitcase, I'd love to help you show them how us Aussies party.

Just about to hook the boat up to the car to begin the trek to HAM09. We are only going to Gundagai today, (6 hours), then we should arrive at Wisemans Ferry a little after lunch on Sunday. The kids go feral if I keep them in the car for 12-13 hours. Going to be great to see all these MasterCrafts on the water together. We will have to get plenty photos to post up here.

Boost
03-30-2009, 07:43 AM
hey guys; only just found out about it,try to make a visit, might have to bring my pwt xstar with me as harley clifford n bill staying with us . what time is kick off?

AussieMC
03-30-2009, 04:04 PM
Starts anytime, no set rules, we will be there all weekend. It will be good to see you there.

AussieMC
04-07-2009, 01:40 AM
We had a really good weekend. It was great to see a flotilla of Mastercrafts. (a very rare sight in Aust.) We had 10 boats in total and about 60 people for the sat night festivities.

I would like to thank Ronnie and Sue (MC Aust.), for coming down and supplying each boat owner with a bag of goodies, Hayden and Sharon from Wyld About Boats Qld, for bringing down their X2 and letting us demo/ride. Steven and the boys from Sydney Powerboat Center, for the BBQ on Sat night and bringing there X1, Harley Clifford and Bill, and Ian Birdsall (VP international sales) and his son Scott, thanks for taking the time to drop in. And thanks to all the other MC owners that travelled to Del Rio to make this all happen.
Can't wait for a bigger better one next year.
Shane.

AussieMC
04-07-2009, 01:44 AM
More photos
Harley Cliffords Boat

AussieMC
04-07-2009, 01:47 AM
More

Couple of "mates" in the background.

mallees
04-26-2009, 02:43 AM
Sorry it has taken so long to post any pics, but it has been nuts at work

mallees
04-26-2009, 02:45 AM

mallees
04-26-2009, 02:50 AM
More .....

mallees
04-26-2009, 02:52 AM
Still more

mallees
04-26-2009, 03:13 AM
Thought you guys might like these ones as well, especially the couple with the roos having a boxing match, and the pic of my X2 after we had pulled to tower off to get a cracked weld fixed, (many thanks to AussieMC's crew for the helping hand and the loan of a trailer)

CantRepeat
04-26-2009, 06:50 AM
Looks like a great time! I haven't been down under since Aug of 87.

I do have a few questions; if I order a hamburger does it still come with a beat and a fried egg on it?

Who's idea was the boat cooler? That's just awesome!

Where is this in relation to North Queensland? I only saw one river while I was there and it was full of crocodiles or alligators.

Monte
04-26-2009, 01:02 PM
Looks like you all had a great time!! One of these years I may try to make that one.

mallees
04-27-2009, 01:30 AM
It depends on who you buy the burger from, the best burgers come with all that and sometimes even a slice of pineapple.

As for the boat cooler, thats just how we roll down under, everyone has one of them! :rolleyes:

Nth Queensland is about 2000 mile north of this place, there are no crocs this far south, but we do get the occasional bull shark or 10 in our coastal rivers.

AussieMC
04-27-2009, 03:07 AM
Hey Mal,
I have an issue with the photo of "your mate" wearing the blue speedos,:rolleyes: a very scary sight. Perhaps you could edit that post and move the photo to the swimsuit thread.:D:D:D

mallees
04-27-2009, 04:46 AM
C'mon Shane you know I don't have any "mates". He was running around like that saying he was your "Best" "Mate":rolleyes:

Damen
05-05-2009, 07:40 AM
Boys

I haven't had a chance to log on and post anything for a while so I have yet to say thanks for organising a great weekend.

Bettina, the kids, the in-laws and I had a top time. The weekend consisted of wakeboarding, getting pissed and checking out boats which are three of my favourite pastimes. Many thanks to all the guys from Mastercraft and to Harley and Bill who took Bettina and Zali out on the Sunday, according to them Harley rides a lot like me.

Keen for next year so let me know when and I will bring my mankini for Shane's "mate"

Damen

AussieMC
05-05-2009, 05:34 PM
G'Day Damen,
Glad you and the family had a good time. Have you got any good photos to post? And I want to set the record straight, when he(Eli) walks around like that, he is definitely not my Mate.

Damen
05-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Most of my photo's are the same as all the others. Here are a couple that have not been shown.

olaski
08-02-2009, 07:36 AM
Hello,
Ive been reading this forum sounds like an awesomes weekend wish i was there. My name is kristin im from Melbourne. Ill definitely come next year ive never been on the hawkesbury river so be interesting to go there.
Im selling an 1995 mastercraft prostar 190 in 3 weeks time more likely on ebay if anyone is interested and also ill give notice on this forum when im selling it.

Thanks

Covi
08-02-2009, 08:14 AM
Great shots. I love the trailer cover on the 197. Was that made custom for trailering?

AussieMC
08-02-2009, 05:56 PM
G'Day olaski,
I would be good to see you next year at the Hawkesbury. Are you buying another MC when you sell your 190? What are you getting?
Covi,
I had the skirts added to the standard cover to stop the kicked up stones hitting the boat. The only thing you need to be careful of, is that the "skirts" don't rub on the hull while travelling. mine sit just off the hull and don't leave any marks. Mallees had them on his baot and he cut them off because they were rubbing.

olaski
08-03-2009, 06:09 AM
Hey AussieMC,
Yes ill definitely getting another MC, next is sammy duvall model, what me and my dad are doing is bringing older mastercrafts from US and we bring them back to excellent condition, wether it need detailing to fixing it up, we make sure the engine is perfectly running. We dont take shortcuts in fixing it up like some that we have seen, last year we notice there was a couple people in Australia was bringing them back and selling it and they were asking this rediculuos price so we are bringing it here and fix it up and sell it for reasonable price, also we would encourage people to come for a test drive in the boat so people know what they are getting, its a hobbie for us and were huge fans of the mastercrafts boat.
Thanks. kristin

olaski
09-07-2009, 05:54 AM
G,day

Im selling an 1995 mastercraft prostar 190, its on Australian ebay,
its located in Melbourne and ill be taking people out for a ride that
who are interested at lake eildon next weekend.

Thanks. Kristin