PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about upgrading...opinions on X-30

dpolen
10-13-2008, 09:04 PM
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on an '06 X-30. My family and I like to do it all...I end up doing a lot of skiing because the guys I go out with, just ski...but I really do enjoy wakeboarding and wakesurfing. I'm sure the wake behind the X-30 is awesome for wakeboarding and wakesurfing, but can anyone comment on how bad the ski wake is? I've got the previous hull design, which isn't great for skiing, but it works. The X-30 I'm looking at does have the Hydraulic Plate to help smooth things out, wondering how much it helps.

The boat seems like a heck of a boat and I know it can handle the rougher waters on the weekends along with anybody and their brother that want to come out on the lake with us. Any perspectives??

Thanks!
Doug

Doug G
10-14-2008, 01:50 AM
Sorry no help here, noone has ever skied behind mine to give any feedback and mine is sans wake plate. You got the rest right. I love mine. The MCX is ok but I had to reprop it because it was a dog all loaded up with ballast and ppl (MCX). That took away some top end so you may have a compromise to look at to prop it for both skiing and wakeboarding. Best bet as always get out in it if you can and see for yourself.

JohnE
10-14-2008, 08:02 AM
I don't think you'd like the wake for skiing. But I've never ski'd it....

bigmac
10-14-2008, 08:15 AM
An electrically-operated wake plate was available for that boat starting in 2006. By all reports, it does an excellent job of flattening the wake for skiing. It's still no Prostar, but it's a very usable slalom wake for recreational skiers, according to what I've read here. Search on "wake plate"....

dpolen
10-14-2008, 09:22 AM
Thanks guys! From what I just checked out on the site, I'm glad the one I'm looking at has the plate. Hmmm...guess I need to go drive it for myself.

erkoehler
10-14-2008, 11:05 AM
I have a couple X30's used if your interested........shoot me an email at Eric@Chicagomastercraft.com and I will send you the pricing/pics.

flipper
10-14-2008, 11:21 AM
How do you feel about orange boats?

dpolen
10-14-2008, 11:31 AM
No orange boats!

Eric....email on the way.

corey
10-15-2008, 12:29 PM
I've never skied behind one but I've pulled a couple slalom sets. There is a defninite bump but it was no problem for any of my buddies to get pretty agressive behind. Typical ski speeds were 30-34 with the trim tab deployed all the way down. The trim plate really helps squash the wake for skiing, it works good for teaching kids to wakeboard as well. At slow speeds it's nice to be able to clean up the wake so it doesnt hinder kids trying to learn to jump.

dpolen
10-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Thanks corey, appreciate the feedback...good to know. I bet you can guess which one I'm looking at.

endl
10-15-2008, 01:26 PM
hey hey hey....dont be a hater now....8p

people can always find you on the lake with an orange boat.:D

Vern Swieringa
10-15-2008, 04:32 PM
I don't know about the '06 hull, but my old '03 230 wasn't the best in big water. We moved to a 245 a couple years ago and are very happy with the way it handles in big water. We spend a lot of time on Lake Mich. and just needed a better boat for the big lake. Skiing is ok, wake boarding is better.

corey
10-15-2008, 05:42 PM
06' was the first year of the new hull, it rides quite a bit better in rough water due to more V through the hull and about 500lbs more dry weight.

DPolen, yeah I think I know which one you're looking at!!!

dpolen
10-15-2008, 07:55 PM
hey hey hey....dont be a hater now....8p

Endl...Do you have this infamous "orange boat" that everyone always refers to around here?