PDA

View Full Version : My 2005 PS 197

6balls
08-12-2004, 01:03 AM
Well its been 1 week, 68 skiers/riders and 28 engine hours so I thought I'd give you the scoop on the 2005 PS 197. The big change is "fly by wire" throttle - no more throttle cable. Its a little tricky at first as it has a little less "feeling". Once used to it, its a dream especially with Perfect Pass. Even an idiot driver cannot over throttle.

The trailer is greatly improved - easy on/easy off even on tricky launch ramps. There are some new textures in the upholstery, which at first glance seem cool, but ultimately trap dirt.

The 05 boats now feature JL Audio for amps and speakers - This stuff is amazing. So clean - So Loud - It Just Rocks! Makes the Clarion stuff sound like complete trash.

Otherwise its pretty much the same boat as 04. There are some rumblings that the Power Slot ratio may be changed prior to towboat approval, but nothing has been set in stone. Personally, I think the slot has outlived its usefulness, considering the HP coming out of todays engines.

JimN
08-12-2004, 07:32 AM
Which motor do you have in it? Was it the boat without the dealer stickers near the bow?

gene dobies
08-12-2004, 09:35 AM
Excited for you, I have to wait till spring for mine. What color scheme do you have.. I seen the background behind the dash is now a textured metal, looks cool. Saw a new one at my dealer. Good Luck and enjoy and be safe.

NSXBill
08-12-2004, 10:41 AM
I'm curious as to the trailer changes. Can you be specific on those, please?

6balls
08-12-2004, 12:42 PM
Jim - It was great to meet a the tournament this weekend! The 2004 had the dealer decals on the bow - the 2005 was the blue flake stripe with the Turn Bouy Orange accent Stripe and Blue Bimini. I run the MCX with the PowerSlot - The same setup is in the 04 boat you saw at the event. The 05 seems to have more punch out of the hole though - they may have tweeked things out, as 04 was the first year for the MCX/Slot combo.

Gene - I have goinig with the Glacier White base for my hull the past two years (its the easiest to buff out scratches) My primary stripe is Canadian Blue Flake and the Secondary is Turn Bouy Orange. The interior accent is Turn Bouy Orange and the Bimini is Blue.

Bill - The major change is in the location of the bow cup or V-bunk - it has been moved back and lowered allowing the bow eye to easily pass over it. It also has a 1-1/2 inch gap between the bunk wings that allows the bow eye to pass between in the event of a very steep launch. The other bunks have been changed slightly to allow for esier on and off - previously the outside rear bunks and inside front bunks overlapped enough to cause considerable drag. There were many occurences of carpet tearing off of bunks in the last three model years. They also put on a very nice Fulton Crank in an atrractive plastic housing. The jack wheel is alson one of the nicer I have seen.

Jorski
08-12-2004, 01:34 PM
Any apparent changes to the wake on the '05 versus the '04 ?

6balls
08-12-2004, 06:10 PM
A little refinemment to wake in the way of leveling out the depression that we have seen immediately prior to the table (center) of the wake. Otherwise pretty much the same.

stevojr
08-12-2004, 08:24 PM
i have a question can u get the metalic flake by ordering it on a new mastercraft

6balls
08-12-2004, 09:27 PM
Stevo- Go to the MC site and you will see the various finishes being offered - including about 6 flake finishes.

gene dobies
08-13-2004, 08:32 AM
What site is this. I go to mastercraft.com and only found about 2 or 3 metal flake finishes. The site also mentions 2004 and not 2005. Is there a 2005 site yet.

edwin
08-13-2004, 12:11 PM
6balls - 28hrs in 1 week...that's some serious seat time. How many hrs do you expect to have on the 05 when you winterize it this fall?

6balls
08-13-2004, 02:13 PM
Gene - If you go to your dealer they have access to the 2005 dealer site.

Edwin - I expect to have between 80 & 100 hours by October 31
To give you an idea of how last week went:

Thursday
8:00am - Accept boat at Dealer
11:00am to 3:00pm - Begin on Water testing and initial Break-in
4:00pm to 5:00pm - PefrectPass Setup and Time in
5:00 to 9:00pm - Pull Slalom Practice League

Friday
6:00 to 8:00pm - Wakeboard Testing

Saturday
11:00 am to 4:00pm - Milwaukee River Collegiate Challenge Slalom Practice

Sunday
8:00 am to 4:00pm - Milwaukee River Collegiate Challenge Tournament

Monday - Off

Tuesday 11:30pm to 4:00pm - Wisconsin Scholastic Wakeboard Tournament

Wednesday 8:00am to 4:00pm - Hyperlite Wakeboard Tour (Pickup & Safety Boat)

This is what we call WINDSHIELD TIME! :steering:

Ric
10-05-2004, 03:40 PM
Gene - If you go to your dealer they have access to the 2005 dealer site.

Edwin - I expect to have between 80 & 100 hours by October 31
To give you an idea of how last week went:

Thursday
8:00am - Accept boat at Dealer
11:00am to 3:00pm - Begin on Water testing and initial Break-in
4:00pm to 5:00pm - PefrectPass Setup and Time in
5:00 to 9:00pm - Pull Slalom Practice League

Friday
6:00 to 8:00pm - Wakeboard Testing

Saturday
11:00 am to 4:00pm - Milwaukee River Collegiate Challenge Slalom Practice

Sunday
8:00 am to 4:00pm - Milwaukee River Collegiate Challenge Tournament

Monday - Off

Tuesday 11:30pm to 4:00pm - Wisconsin Scholastic Wakeboard Tournament

Wednesday 8:00am to 4:00pm - Hyperlite Wakeboard Tour (Pickup & Safety Boat)

This is what we call WINDSHIELD TIME! :steering:
6Balls
Did you order PP from the factory installed in the boat or did you install your own?
I understand there are differences as you move from say, my LTR motor to the servo throttle of the MCX and that there may be some differences in the way the control mounts in the dash.
Also, Is that an upgrade instrument panel or is that the look of the 05?

6balls
10-05-2004, 04:05 PM
Hey ric

The entire pp module is different for (Drive By Wire)DBW. It is installed in the same location, but the software and interface is brand new. It is impossible to over throttle, which has proven to be a problem at tournament sites with short precourse setups. They are currnently looking into developing a "Short Setup" mode that would allow you to over throttle for a period of time to reach 36mph. Otherwise the DBW system is a sweet match for PP. As for the dash - I think it is standard for 05, not sure though because they throw some extras in my boat sometimes.

By the way the boat hit 105 hours last week.

Ric
10-05-2004, 04:13 PM
cool I saw the pics of your instrument panel on this site and wondered why I couldnt use my old PP control in the dash and just change out the brain & some cables.
I think I will simply sell my Digital Pro and buy the boat with it installed at MC

east tx skier
10-05-2004, 04:14 PM
6balls, did you say you met JimN? So he does exist? I won't ask any more questions.

mgurley
10-06-2004, 08:00 AM
http://www.mastercraft.com/html2005/

Ric
10-06-2004, 10:54 AM
I tried the build your boat on their website but the inst panel there doesnt look like the one in 6balls pic and there is no provision on the site for an upgrade inst panel either.
BUT I do see where the pp on the build a boat site has a chrome bezel on it, which mine doesnt have, so it must be a bit different than mine either way.

BuoyChaser
08-29-2005, 02:05 PM
I'm pickin' up a 2005 197 (in about a week) with MCX engine that doesn't have PP installed from the dealer. How much should it cost to upgrade to DigitalPro. Dealer or do it myself? I installed PP DP in my '85 ProStar without any problems. Guess dealers has to reset something from what I hear. Heard a little bit about MC Cruise, will this eventually have magnet sensors for timing in the course?

I just want to make sure I've got everything ordered so it is ready for pickup.

captkidd
08-29-2005, 03:23 PM
Dumb question and slight thread hijack: There's a 197 in the Marketplace that has a black windshield frame. I thought they were all silver/aluminum colored? Is this an option or something else?

Ric
08-29-2005, 03:43 PM
Dumb question and slight thread hijack: There's a 197 in the Marketplace that has a black windshield frame. I thought they were all silver/aluminum colored? Is this an option or something else?
I was in an 04 TT 197 with black windshield fwiw

mitch
08-29-2005, 03:43 PM
http://www.mastercraft.com/html2005/

and choose hull 4 (main stripe). The 6 flake colors are there.

6balls
08-30-2005, 07:40 PM
I'm pickin' up a 2005 197 (in about a week) with MCX engine that doesn't have PP installed from the dealer. How much should it cost to upgrade to DigitalPro. Dealer or do it myself? I installed PP DP in my '85 ProStar without any problems. Guess dealers has to reset something from what I hear. Heard a little bit about MC Cruise, will this eventually have magnet sensors for timing in the course?

I just want to make sure I've got everything ordered so it is ready for pickup.

The DBW Install is pretty much plug and play - the only hang-ups have been in the ECM, but you dealer shoul dbe able to work with INdmar very quickly if this is a problem

I have a spare "Master Module" for DBW that I would like to unload, no display or magnet pick-ups though. PM me if you are interested.

BuoyChaser
09-01-2005, 08:51 AM
i don't believe the black frame is an option, just part of the special addition "Tournament Team Boats" which this year are all balck with white logo stripe and white deck...

BuoyChaser
09-01-2005, 09:56 AM
On the '05 ProStars with MCX engines, can the standard MC Cruise Control be swapped with PerfectPass from one boat to another without problems? Ran into a guy that has PP and wants Cruise, and I have Cruise and want PP. If everything in life could be that simple. I'm going to try and get in touch with some of the "experts" to see what they have to say.