PDA

View Full Version : Career Choices

ORX-1
10-13-2008, 12:34 PM
Kind of a spin off of Sodarís ďIím boredĒ thread. But here is a legitimate question: We all know these Mastercrafts arenít cheap. With that said what types of industry/careers is everyone involved in?

Mine isnít too exciting, Technical recruiting in Portland Oregon. I hire and contract out technical consultants, mostly software development.

I am very curious to hear what line of work everyone else is in, especially the guys who are riding when the water is glass!

92 190 PS
10-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Wouldn't call it a choice. Supply chain side of the paper business here.

It's called started in it after college and they've treated me well.

flipper
10-13-2008, 12:50 PM
Somebody else must have been bored too.....

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=31

wakeX2wake
10-13-2008, 01:23 PM
i've fallen into the non-ferrous metals industry... i'm an industrial engineer for an aluminum sheet producer... we currently are rolling out approximately 80-90 million lbs per month off can stock for can production... we start w/ raw material and get it on chemistry in molten form and then we electromagnetically cast it into ingot form (approximately 30k-40k lbs each ingot and we cast 6 at a time) and we cast on 6 units here then roll from approximately a 25 ft long piece of metal to somewhere in the 2k-3k ft range long coil of aluminum on chemistry spec and on guage

bucky
10-13-2008, 01:36 PM
Operate the pulp mill at a containerboard (cardboard) plant. Make about 5000 tons a day of paper.

Moderator2
10-13-2008, 01:38 PM
I monitor the daycare.

coz
10-13-2008, 01:43 PM
I am very curious to hear what line of work everyone else is in, especially the guys who are riding when the water is glass!

Self employed Contractor :D keep an eye out for tomorrows pictures, it's glass tuesday for me :woohoo:

mrprostar
10-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Run a concrete plant. Produce a varying amount of cubic yards per day. Sometimes 20 sometimes 300.

cmw
10-13-2008, 01:51 PM
I work for a water wholesaler. We have three water treatment plants. I get out a lot to do studies on the watershed, lake and a dam project. My main task would be research in a lab. My title is scientist. I do spend time on the lake we ski on during the week and what a difference from the weekend. Great idea for a thread. I search the site quite often and have used much of the advice I have found here. I may not post that often, but am always looking for answers (restoring an older boat). I also wondered what many of you do and what lakes you visit.

LachNess
10-13-2008, 02:00 PM
Kind of a spin off of Sodarís ďIím boredĒ thread. But here is a legitimate question: We all know these Mastercrafts arenít cheap. With that said what types of industry/careers is everyone involved in?

Mine isnít too exciting, Technical recruiting in Portland Oregon. I hire and contract out technical consultants, mostly software development.

So you ski in the shute behind Ross Island?...

aremsing
10-13-2008, 02:01 PM
Technical/Manufacturing world for me. I sell automation equipment for manufacturing. Mainly prox switches, pressure and flow. Nothing too exciting.
Good topic, I was curious also

damaged442
10-13-2008, 02:02 PM
I'm an organic chemist, doing primarily pharmaceutical research and development. Basically I mix stuff together and hope it doesn't blow up in my face! Unfortunately, too much time in the lab, not enough on the lake!! :mad:

ORX-1
10-13-2008, 02:06 PM
LachNess, I spend a lot of time behind the island. But I am a 8-5er so usually in the evenings.

jrhollow
10-13-2008, 02:06 PM
I'm a retirement actuary for a global consulting/outsourcing firm. I design and administer pension and 401k plans....not all that exciting.

1boarder
10-13-2008, 02:12 PM
funny how many people are in the paper industry.

I manage a paper machine that makes 160,000 tons of envelopes a year.

Jerseydave
10-13-2008, 02:16 PM
Self-employed food distributor............Dietz & Watson deli meat and cheese.
I work monday-thursday (approx. 45 hours) that leaves friday-sunday for water time.

As much as it would be "cool" to be involved in boats and watersports as a career, I'm afraid it would leave very little time for skiing/wakeboarding. Sometimes it's best not to mix your passion with your profession.

mlay
10-13-2008, 02:32 PM
Official title is a System Architect, basically I work for a Health Care Information Technology company and I design systems and install them to automate healthcare. I apologize to the paper folks on the thread but we are trying to make hospitals paperless.

dpolen
10-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Computer Hardware/Software/Services sales. It pays the bills, but I'm trying to get the wife to work harder so I don't have to.

flipper
10-13-2008, 02:44 PM
I'm a transportation communication engineer.

(drive around in a truck and talk on the phone)

lawless1
10-13-2008, 02:52 PM
Me - VP and Corporate (in-house) Attorney for housewares company (mostly licensed children's dinnerware, i.e. a plate/bowl/cup with Disney Princesses or Spiderman on it).

Wife - Media Director for advertising agency.

prostar205
10-13-2008, 04:27 PM
I work for a aerospace and defense contractor. We design cockpit instrumentation for almost all commercial and military aircraft (fixed wing and rotary wing). Basically, everything the pilot's touch (pushbutton switches, rotary knobs, large format displays, etc...). Our products are the interface between the pilot and computer systems. I've been with my company for 21+ years. I originally started as a project engineer and did that job for 10 years. I have now been on the sales side for 11+ years. I cover the Southeast United States and upstate NY for the company.

I have sat in just about every military and commercial aircraft and have had the opportunity to fly several full motion based simulators over the past 21 years.

TMCNo1
10-13-2008, 04:54 PM
Surrogate Father, "For Those Who Ain't Up To It"!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_33_10.gif

Ash
10-13-2008, 05:33 PM
I'm a communications engineer. I quote, order, program, install and provide support for PABX systems, networks, servers and such. Lately I have been dabbing my hand into home automation and controls. Providing rich clients with systems that make life a lot easier.

I'm at a bit of a turnpoint at the present time though, having submitted my resume to a cousin in Abu Dhabi who is testing the waters for a IT/Telecom job there. And I have the possibility to go back home to New Zealand and work for a small home automation company that is installing its systems onto multi million dollar yatchs.

BUT I would prefer to stay in north america and get with a company in the states that does home automation. Hard though.

Oh, and I want to goto med school......LOL.

So yea, I do a bit of everything. Only concern with moving to the sand is not being able to find anybody over there who sells tow boats!!!

justinlkgb
10-13-2008, 06:02 PM
i've fallen into the non-ferrous metals industry... i'm an industrial engineer for an aluminum sheet producer... we currently are rolling out approximately 80-90 million lbs per month off can stock for can production... we start w/ raw material and get it on chemistry in molten form and then we electromagnetically cast it into ingot form (approximately 30k-40k lbs each ingot and we cast 6 at a time) and we cast on 6 units here then roll from approximately a 25 ft long piece of metal to somewhere in the 2k-3k ft range long coil of aluminum on chemistry spec and on guage

Sounds cool

magnum
10-13-2008, 06:10 PM
Inventory mgr for a computer co

flipper
10-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Oh wait, career choice, or what we really do? If I had the choice, I'd be retired!!!

mbpd312
10-13-2008, 06:31 PM
Medical device sales...... Luckily im in a field that is growing faster than our national debt, diabetes.

wpauling
10-13-2008, 06:32 PM
I work for Uncle Sam for 26 years and he still sends me to new work sites.

bainez23
10-13-2008, 06:42 PM
locomotive engineer i drive trains

BA2397
10-13-2008, 06:51 PM
I'm a recruiter for the Air National Guard! Working towards that military retirement.

TexasMC230
10-13-2008, 07:02 PM
I am a Catastrophe Adjuster for large insurance company

Ubugme2
10-13-2008, 07:16 PM
I work for Cessna Aircraft company In Wichita KS as a Structured on the Job Trainer. My area of strength is Interiors.

2RLAKE
10-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Sales for commercial and business jet engines ... anyone need a jet engine?

Ubugme2
10-13-2008, 08:36 PM
I DO DO!!! NO just joking. Sell any to cessna?

ProTour X9
10-13-2008, 09:15 PM
Professional student??.........no not really, I'm looking into engineering props, not sure what degree I'd need (Marine Engineering??). Seeings how I currently live 30 mi away from ACME Marine, and Michigan Wheel, and I'll still live in the general area as I do now, I think it might be a good career choice. Either that or teaching.

tonyball
10-13-2008, 09:28 PM
Truck driver-local only.

BIGBADBLUE
10-13-2008, 09:30 PM
I run a service organization in the healthcare market - is it basketball season yet?

skihard111
10-13-2008, 09:39 PM
I am a rep in the power tool business.

Eagle Lake Rebel
10-13-2008, 10:05 PM
Maintenance Engineer for one of the largest papermachines in the world.

2RLAKE
10-13-2008, 10:30 PM
ubugme2 ... we tried to get on the Columbus last year ...

BTW ... your new COO @ Textron Scott Donnelly is a big waterskier ... CC guy but still a great guy

2RLAKE
10-13-2008, 10:31 PM
Protour X9 ... look into mechanical or aerospace for props, take elective in fluid dynamics

Ubugme2
10-13-2008, 11:37 PM
I might have to e mail him and see what lake he hangs out on. I think he is a little ways above me on the Cessna food chane if you know what i mean. I think they are needing a diesel for a prop plane there building in china.

mccobmd
10-13-2008, 11:37 PM

Been there and done that, I am an OB/GYN physician, bringing in future MC owner one (sometimes two) at a time.

rodecker1978
10-14-2008, 01:38 AM
I'm in the metal recycling business. We supply Alcoa with quite a bit of scrap aluminum so they can make MC's aluminum components including the best towers on the market!

brianpt
10-14-2008, 01:46 AM
im a slickline operator in alberta oil patch living the dream

jacobe
10-14-2008, 02:56 AM
Technical Recruiting in Seattle.

Bodyshots
10-14-2008, 03:24 AM
Networking in Issaquah Washington(IT),but i was actualy thinking about applying for Mastercraft .
So i could get a discount on my next boat

kdr
10-14-2008, 09:28 AM
Electrical Engineer here. I work for a small private firm that specializes in power systems. We do all aspects of transmission, distribution, and some generation for 480V up to 230 kV. I also spend about 40% of my time as a test tech getting to play with High voltage and or Current. The office part of the job can be boring as most are, but the field work can be fun. I did get to watch a guy barehand 115 kV this year and I also went to Alaska, California, Florida, Georgia, Ohio, Illinois, and Texas on the company dime so I got to see a lot of places this year.

flipper
10-14-2008, 09:45 AM

Been there and done that, I am an OB/GYN physician, bringing in future MC owner one (sometimes two) at a time.

Hey....me too!!! But I never went to med school, I'm just an amature.:D

suedv
10-14-2008, 10:34 AM
I work for a conservation organization. I do real estate deals that are usually rather complex because they often times involve endangered species and/or government agencies. The land I work with either remains privately owned with a conservation easemement on, becomes a nature preserve own by the organization I work for, is bought and transfered at cost to a locial government agency to become a natural park, or is transfered to the Federal government at cost to become part of a national forest. I work with some watershed planning groups and I write government grants.

oldriver
10-14-2008, 10:50 AM
Electronic technician for the largest public utility in the country outside of the TVA.I work on all sides of electrical generation,and transmission ,software,phones,2way radio,microwave,110 volts all the way to 765KV,but us techs are pampered and only get involved with the low side..
28 more months and I will be free to move about the country and ski where ever and when ever I want.

JerryS
10-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Sales for commercial and business jet engines ...

BTW ... your new COO @ Textron Scott Donnelly is a big waterskier ... CC guy but still a great guy

I'm a corporate pilot for a Fortune 20 company. Currently flying the Challenger 604. I fly around some folks that 2RLAKE probably knows! Domestic and International. Great way to make a living.

wakeX2wake
10-14-2008, 12:02 PM
Professional student??.........no not really, I'm looking into engineering props, not sure what degree I'd need (Marine Engineering??). Seeings how I currently live 30 mi away from ACME Marine, and Michigan Wheel, and I'll still live in the general area as I do now, I think it might be a good career choice. Either that or teaching.

learn how to program and operate a CNC lathe... all high end props are cut using one and there's NO END to the jobs you would open if you're a bad a-- on a CNC lathe... put it this way... you'll always have a job... my company paid 12k for a 24oz piece of steel that was a one off special design (it was an obsolete part)... one guy spent 2 week writing the CNC code and CAD drawing and got most of the 12k... o yea and the part is ours but the CAD drawing is all his... yup... all we got was the part and he's the only one we can justify making the next on when we need it... good bizz

ORX-1
10-14-2008, 12:12 PM
Medical device sales...... Luckily im in a field that is growing faster than our national debt, diabetes.

I have always wanted to get into that. Seems like a great job!

Skipper
10-14-2008, 01:17 PM
I monitor the daycare.

This is a career? :confused:

It's gotta pay more than the Army. Where do I sign up? :D

Dball
10-14-2008, 01:33 PM
communications for now. install and maintain fiber optic equipment. installing from dial tone to oc192 circuits, routers switches csu's ect. Trying to get a manufactures rep business off the ground selling construction equipment (economy not helping) WHO NEEDS DIAMOND BLADES ECT!

jimmies1
10-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Self employed internet car business www.eliteautosllc.com Actually my son and I are partners, He mainly in the buying and selling me the business side of the company. Being primarily an internet sales business, customers can reach us 24/7 as our business phones rollover to our cells, therefore we can be in the boat and at work at the same time.

wakeX2wake
10-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Self employed internet car business www.eliteautosllc.com Actually my son and I are partners, He mainly in the buying and selling me the business side of the company. Being primarily an internet sales business, customers can reach us 24/7 as our business phones rollover to our cells, therefore we can be in the boat and at work at the same time.

HOLY CRAP... I WANT YOUR LIFE

Moderator2
10-14-2008, 02:55 PM
HOLY CRAP... I WANT YOUR LIFE

x2! I would give up this daycare gig in a minute for that "job."

ORX-1
10-14-2008, 03:07 PM

HOLY SH*T! I would love to see what you are driving for a company car! How do you decide what to tow your MC in that showroom?

Ash
10-14-2008, 08:05 PM

Well I've done 3 years of nursing via nightschool and clinicals. So I have 4 years of fulltime med left if I want to complete it. Then 2 years internship. Then 4 years as a registrar. Then....**** you know the story lol.

2RLAKE
10-14-2008, 08:17 PM
JerryS ... hope those great engines keep working flawlessly for you ... 604 is a great airplane

SkySkiSpokane
10-14-2008, 09:46 PM
I'm a recruiter for the Air National Guard! Working towards that military retirement.

Pilot for the Guard!! Love my job :D

BA2397
10-15-2008, 12:27 AM
Pilot for the Guard!! Love my job :D

Dave where you stationed? What plane?

Sodar
10-15-2008, 12:37 AM
Will work for food.

vision
10-15-2008, 12:43 AM
Veterinary Ophthalmologist.

And no, we do not fit glasses for dogs and cats. They are rarely near sighted or far sighted.

It takes 12 years of education post high school and the salary per year of college ratio is far less than most professions. But you get to make man's best friend, and other animals, see better and have a higher quality of life, which is wonderful.

naderski21
10-27-2008, 03:38 PM
Project manager for a heavy haul transportation company -we haul stuff like the pic that dummy posted in the random pic thread back in august

dog paw
10-27-2008, 04:09 PM
I'm a corporate pilot for a Fortune 20 company. Currently flying the Challenger 604. I fly around some folks that 2RLAKE probably knows! Domestic and International. Great way to make a living.

Buddy of mine is a pilot for the Carlyle Group. He's all over the planet, I envy him LOL!

Me, I'm just a lowly shop forman for a GM dealer.

bigmac
10-27-2008, 06:17 PM
Well I've done 3 years of nursing via nightschool and clinicals. So I have 4 years of fulltime med left if I want to complete it. Then 2 years internship. Then 4 years as a registrar. Then....**** you know the story lol.Right...emmigrate to the US to practice.....:D

Just kidding...just kidding.

Loffgren
10-27-2008, 06:49 PM
Electrician / Biotech

MC2000190
10-27-2008, 06:54 PM
Golf Professional

bigmac
10-27-2008, 07:02 PM
I'm a cardiac brain surgeon.

ORX-1
10-27-2008, 07:23 PM

Yeah I thought about going down that road.... but in the meantime have just been watching the medical discovery channel. kind of the same thing, but not really.

TMCNo1
10-27-2008, 08:06 PM

And the whole yime I thought you were a Colorectal Observatory Operator, Jeeezzzz!:rolleyes::D

bigmac
10-27-2008, 08:16 PM
And the whole yime I thought you were a Colorectal Observatory Operator, Jeeezzzz!:rolleyes::D
With a lot of people, the brain can be examined on colonoscopy.

TMCNo1
10-27-2008, 08:27 PM
With a lot of people, the brain can be examined on colonoscopy.

That's a good one!

T Scott
10-27-2008, 08:45 PM
I have two jobs.......

1) I work for a california based Biotech Firm and sell an injectable biotech drug to Retina Surgeons.

2) (Hobby business) www.carmatchauto.com I own and operate this dealership with a few friends. We mainly broker cars, but as you can see by my signature, I am into the boats as well. Our dealership sells 40-50 cars a year and I sell about 12-15 ski/wakeboard boats a year.

Gamble
10-27-2008, 10:29 PM
I'm a motorcop. Every day is a different day.

Ryan
10-28-2008, 02:05 PM
I'm the Associate Brand Manager for ZonePerfect Nutrition.

TScott, do you have anything good for flushing out dead blood sells from PVD? Chance it was caused/effected by skiing in both eyes, but only visible to me in the left. I've met with a lot of doc's and they're mostly dumbfounded.

EJ OJPROP
10-28-2008, 02:51 PM
Golf Professional

JEALOUS!!!

FamilyX2
10-28-2008, 02:56 PM
I work for a Canadian Oil & Gas Company

.... and am very much an "amateur" golfer!

DooSPX
10-28-2008, 05:49 PM
I own a PC repair/Networking business for commercial and residential in a very small town
build/repair/LAN-WAN networking/Laptops.

Justjoe
10-28-2008, 07:07 PM
I work on the sales side for a small biotech, but in past lives have worked as a farmer, commercial pilot, and life guard.

AZDave
10-29-2008, 09:18 PM
I started in a wafer fab in Beaverton, and learned to ski on the Willamette dodging logging barges. Transferred to Arizona, still making wafers, and ski on a salt water lake in Phoenix. It's still over 90 here, so we have a slightly longer season!

coz
10-29-2008, 09:41 PM
I started in a wafer fab in Beaverton, and learned to ski on the Willamette dodging logging barges. Transferred to Arizona, still making wafers, and ski on a salt water lake in Phoenix. It's still over 90 here, so we have a slightly longer season!

Hey Dave, where is this salty lake you speak of in Phoenix? are you in one of the private ski lake/course communities here in the valley?

PacMan89
10-29-2008, 10:00 PM
Im a porter at a car dealer. PONTIAC GMC TRUCKS BABY! Yea im going to school to be a mechanic...well was now i want to get into enginering.

SOCALX45
10-31-2008, 03:41 AM
Im an ICU RN for a VA hospital here in cali. Work 3 nights a week and spend the rest on the lake!

jdl xstar
02-10-2010, 07:20 PM
:popcorn::popcorn:

scott023
02-10-2010, 07:29 PM
:popcorn::popcorn:

You sharing that, or are you going to eat it all yourself?:D

jdl xstar
02-10-2010, 07:36 PM
You sharing that, or are you going to eat it all yourself?:D

Ha! I stumbled across this thread during a search and thought it was interesting. Some guy in arkansas has an exotic car biz. Cool stuff!

dog paw
02-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Im a porter at a car dealer. PONTIAC GMC TRUCKS BABY! Yea im going to school to be a mechanic...well was now i want to get into enginering.

A good tech is harder to find than a good engineer... Although you could not tell it if you have the pleasure of working on today's cars....:D

Me, 30 years GM service. In hindsight I wish that I had joined the Military....Not that life has not been good but I feel I have let alot go to waste.

Thrall
02-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Civil engineer on paper. Superintendent for a large general contractor, commercial, industrial, civil. Started as a residential carpenter, field engineer/foreman/operator after college, worked up from there.

g-Dog
02-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Architect...and no, not the George Costanza type. Strictly commercial projects. A lot of retail and fast food chains. The field is not as glamorous as some might think...but it pays the bills.

nitro5238
02-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Chicks dig Firemen !!! That about sums up my career.

medicmoose
02-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Well it take 3 careers to fund my toys:
1) I'm the regional manager for a paramedic service
2) I'm a flight medic
3) My wife is a school teacher extraordinaire

Good thing I can take lots of time off in the summer!

TayMC197
02-10-2010, 09:52 PM
I'm in the business of Defense... and business is good...

Ohh the one i'm holding is a model... Kind of messes with people heads when I walk around with it.

TayMC197
02-10-2010, 09:54 PM
here it is

TayMC197
02-10-2010, 09:55 PM
it was too large and wouldn't submit...

jdl xstar
02-10-2010, 09:57 PM
I'm in the business of Defense... and business is good...

Ohh the one i'm holding is a model... Kind of messes with people heads when I walk around with it.

That looks like the picture of when the balloon boy crash landed in a colorado field.

TayMC197
02-10-2010, 09:59 PM
I dont think it was that messy.. didn't the parents get sent to jail for awhile?

PT 1999 ProStar
02-10-2010, 09:59 PM
I work for a major health care company on the medical device side in surgical sales. Our devices help repair womens vajay-jay's..!! My days start very early but they end early too! During the summer time I get a lot of evening runs in. :D

cbryan70
02-10-2010, 10:00 PM
Boat sales...for now, if you like boating dont get into the buisness...summers you work a ton of hours and lose time on the water....Sell cars its easier and more money in it unless your selling BIG boats

medicmoose
02-10-2010, 10:01 PM
Our devices help repair womens vajay-jay's..!! :D

Amen! :D

Kyle
02-11-2010, 12:54 AM
Mine is a very boring career. I have my own insurance agency with another guy. We have fired all of our staff and all of our agents. It was more of a day care and an accounting nightmare with turnover. People just dont want to work these days.

I sell all of the Life, LTC, and Health Insurance and he does all of the Investments. We work less and make more not playing 2 men and 25 babies. If we wanted to be in the daycare business the name outside would have been KINDERCARE.

JLeuck64
02-11-2010, 01:53 AM
I teach auto mechanics at one of the local community colleges in our area. I don't work during the summer months...;)

Jeremy S. Davis
02-11-2010, 08:46 PM
Farrier. Its very difficult work but very rewarding. After 10-14 hours a day of nailing on horseshoes the boat is a very relaxing place to be. :D

Mag_Red
02-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Geez did I make some bad decision while in College! Currently under- employed commercial painting contractor. Used to specialize in high end custom homes....not much work these days :rolleyes: Any of you dudes in construction looking for a good contractor or could get me in good work...send me a PM!!!!!! I'll travel:D

thatsmrmastercraft
02-11-2010, 10:00 PM
As of this afternoon I am back among the working. Took a job as an independent wholesale tire rep. Been in the wholesale tire/wheel business for a bunch of years, with the exception of the last few months.

I thought I would beat Brett Favre and come out of retirement before he did.

95prostar
02-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Service Technician- install and service computer/pos systems and electronics for gas stations and convenience stores. 13 years and counting. Everyday is an experience

BIGBADBLUE
02-11-2010, 10:32 PM
I run a service division for a medical device company. It is true that the younger generation does not want to work. We have a heck of a time hiring good tech's that are good with Customers AND have a strong work ethic.

We have created a pampered generation ... sad.

medicmoose
02-11-2010, 10:50 PM
I run a service division for a medical device company. It is true that the younger generation does not want to work. We have a heck of a time hiring good tech's that are good with Customers AND have a strong work ethic.

We have created a pampered generation ... sad.

Sorry to say, but I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who had this view! I am amazed at the kids I see coming out of college these days who seem to have a sense that they are owed something and aren't willing to put in the time or effort to actually earn it! Sorry...just another rant!

O_D_Y_S_S_E_Y
02-11-2010, 11:12 PM
Logistics manager for a large bottled water company. Sent over 20,000 truckloads out of little Red Boiling Springs, TN last year. Which is only 25 minutes away from beautiful Dale Hollow Lake... :D

ksdaoski
02-11-2010, 11:58 PM
Retail buyer

scott023
02-12-2010, 12:32 AM
I own a 41,500 sq ft. grocery store...

flya750
02-12-2010, 01:06 AM
Clean out Spyware!:D

Sodar
02-12-2010, 01:35 AM
I own a 41,500 sq ft. grocery store...

Gene hates you.

Rodell says 42,000 sq ft. is 1/2 the size of his showroom.

bigmac
02-12-2010, 04:06 AM
LOL. Of course, our parents' generation never complained about us.

There've been many comparisons and studies done, comparing the 4 generations still around - Greatest Generation vs Baby Boomers vs Gen X vs Gen Y/Millenials. Always interesting reading.

BIGBADBLUE
02-12-2010, 08:54 AM
LOL. Of course, our parents' generation never complained about us.

There've been many comparisons and studies done, comparing the 4 generations still around - Greatest Generation vs Baby Boomers vs Gen X vs Gen Y/Millenials. Always interesting reading.

That is where I got the "pampered generation" line. I do not have an original or creative bone in my body. I can not remember where I read the study but it compared actualy hours worked by High school and college students over a 20 or 30 year period. I am a data freak so it was interesting to me.

My parents did complain about my "metal" rock and roll but I did work my way through college myself by working 2-3 jobs at all times. I had to or I had no money for college. I do not see kids doing this today as much. Just my narrow view.

scott023
02-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Gene hates you.

Rodell says 42,000 sq ft. is 1/2 the size of his showroom.

What are his sales per sq. ft? :D

dpeters
02-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Project Manager for a large General Contractor Ė specializing in healthcare facilities, stadiums/arenas, high rise condominiums etc.

tex
02-12-2010, 12:23 PM
I wish I was the host of The Thristy Traveler!

daverbeck
02-12-2010, 11:45 PM
Manage an R&D team for a water treatment company.

n9740b
02-13-2010, 10:54 PM
Corporate Pilot

TonyB
02-17-2010, 06:10 PM
Electrical Engineer by Edjewmuhcashun and Systems Engineer for Missile Defense Industry by Trade.