View Full Version : Known dangerous chemical being ignored

10-13-2008, 09:46 AM
I just wanted to pass this around. There's a dangerous substance proliferating the planet and no one will do anything about it! Please read, it may save you......


Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. What are the dangers of Dihydrogen Monoxide?

Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death. Dihydrogen Monoxide Facts

Dihydrogen monoxide:

is also known as hydric acid, and is the major component of acid rain.
contributes to the Greenhouse Effect.
may cause severe burns.
contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Dihydrogen Monoxide Alerts

Contamination is reaching epidemic proportions! Quantities of dihydrogen monoxide have been found in almost every stream, lake, and reservoir in America today. But the pollution is global, and the contaminant has even been found in Antarctic ice. In the midwest alone DHMO has caused millions of dollars of property damage.
Dihydrogen Monoxide Uses

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

as an industrial solvent and coolant.
in nuclear power plants.
in the production of styrofoam.
as a fire retardant.
in many forms of cruel animal research.
in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
as an additive in certain junk-foods and other food products.

Companies dump waste DHMO into rivers and the ocean, and nothing can be done to stop them because this practice is still legal. The impact on wildlife is extreme, and we cannot afford to ignore it any longer!

10-13-2008, 10:22 AM
Darn water:mad::rolleyes:

10-13-2008, 10:35 AM
Ahhhh, good old dihydrogen monoxide...it never gets old. I still refer to it as that at work all day. The newbies right out of college look all over for it. Some have caught on though, but it never ceases to amuse. "Hey bud, could you please grab me 2.5 L of dihydrogen monoxide?" I even have them checking the chemical inventory system for it. Oh yes, chemistry dork humor at it's best...I need help. :uglyhamme

10-13-2008, 11:44 AM
opps double post

10-13-2008, 11:45 AM
There is even a website about it: http://www.dhmo.org/



10-13-2008, 03:27 PM
Scared me, I was afraid you were going to say Teak Oil!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_21.gif

88 PS190
10-13-2008, 11:39 PM
Ha Monte, you had to kill it already.

10-15-2008, 01:24 PM
why did I open this thread? I'm going back to the basement

10-15-2008, 01:43 PM
Ha Monte, you had to kill it already.


10-15-2008, 02:26 PM
"Dihydrogen monoxide"
Water is made from two hydrogen and one oxygen atom, giving the name dihydrogen monoxide.The dihydrogen monoxide hoax involves listing negative effects of water under an unfamiliar scientific name, then asking individuals to help control the seemingly dangerous substance.

You science types are too funny 8p

Silly hoax, yes, but I bet there are hundreds of "planet concious" goofballs running around in the People's Republic of California wearing "Ban DHMO" t-shirts, when they don't have a clue what they are protesting. :confused:

10-15-2008, 03:20 PM

I think i'll take my chances