PDA

View Full Version : check engine light and alarm

hype29
10-11-2008, 10:27 AM
First of all I have a 05 X-30 w/ the mcx. I keep having the alarm and check engine coming on at low speeds mainly while wakesurfing. I shut it off when it happens and restart and everything is fine, but then it goes off again after a while. It runs fine at any other speeds and does not alarm. oil was a little low and I put some in but it still keeps happening. Just looking for some advise on what else it could be?

EricB
10-11-2008, 10:33 AM
I believethe computer is telling you it's time for an oil change. If it has been done already, it needs to be reset (similar to a car). Check your Ops Manual on how to re-set.
Same situation happed to my friend's MCX this summer.

ttu
10-11-2008, 10:37 AM
what, i have never heard of that:confused:

hype29
10-11-2008, 10:41 AM
thats exactly what I was thinking about the reset. because it runs fine. anyone know how to reset this

flipper
10-11-2008, 10:49 AM
I'd take it to the dealer, and let them see the code to figure out what's going on.

WakePowell
10-11-2008, 10:52 AM
I don't believe that the 2005 boats have an oil change indicator on them. Do what flipper suggested, take it to the dealer.

vision
10-11-2008, 06:48 PM
I don't believe that the 2005 boats have an oil change indicator on them. Do what flipper suggested, take it to the dealer.

I second taking it to the dealer to check the codes. On newer boats, you can reset service warnings with the VDIG.

My concern is that it only happens while you are surfing. So it only happens when the boat/tranny/engine are tilted. My first guess would be low oil which you checked. But I bet there is something going on besides a service reminder.

Are all gauges within limits? Does it ever sputterer or seem low on power when this occurs? Does it only occur with less than 1/2 a tank of gas or is fuel level meaningless? Based on year and engine, it would not shock me if your fuel pump is on its way out.