PDA

View Full Version : Wiring diagram for my '77

thatsmrmastercraft
10-10-2008, 01:50 AM
The '77 I picked up recently has had the engine replaced, and while the fiend that replaced the engine labeled most of the wires, he neglected a few. I am looking for the wiring schematic. Any ideas where I might find this?

flipper
10-10-2008, 07:41 AM
'77 what? Lawn mower?

thatsmrmastercraft
10-10-2008, 07:56 AM
Sorry flipper. That would be a 77 MasterCraft.

bigmac
10-10-2008, 08:01 AM
AFAIK, there are no boat or engine service manuals available to the public for ANY MasterCraft boat, nor any wiring diagrams. There is a Clymer manual for some Indmar engines, but only 1983 and later (GM engines).

TMCNo1
10-10-2008, 08:31 AM
Here is one Ski King posted, http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=500962&postcount=3,

Slinkyredfoot
10-10-2008, 08:59 AM
Here is one Ski King posted, http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=500962&postcount=3,

Hey Harold, I have been trying to resize this for the last half hour to fit and still showed invalid file...how in the heck di you get this done?:confused: I am an idiot....

TMCNo1
10-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Hey Harold, I have been trying to resize this for the last half hour to fit and still showed invalid file...how in the heck di you get this done?:confused: I am an idiot....

I just right clicked on Save Image As, Ski Kings image in his post and put it in My Pictures, then drew it off My pictures in attachment browse and posted it. As far as resizing, I didn't to anything it just fit within the forum guidelines if that's what you mean.

Cloaked
10-10-2008, 06:50 PM

Harry linked his image from Ski King's post. Ski King had hot linked it from the Correct Craft site.

Links have no size limits on them as such do the attachments from your hard drive.

Here is a link to a PCM Manual: h++p://www.correctcraftfan.com/Downloads/PCMsvcmanual.pdf

Here is a a PCM wiring diagram:
h++p://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=24735&stc=1&d=1185102847

Upon posting as an attachment here, you'll need to resize it within the parameters of the very small limitations here. It will however, save to your hard drive as the originally linked size.

TMCNo1
10-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Harry linked his image from Ski King's post. Ski King had hot linked it from the Correct Craft site.

Links have no size limits on them as such do the attachments from your hard drive.

Upon posting as an attachment here, you'll need to resize it within the parameters of the very small limitations here. It will however, save to your hard drive as the originally linked size.

I'm glad you spained it so I could understand how it works, whatever that means!:rolleyes:

Cloaked
10-10-2008, 09:44 PM
..., whatever that means!:rolleyes:You'll figure it out someday...or not.

Maybe the poster that ask how this was done will benefit from it.

TMCNo1
10-10-2008, 10:39 PM
You'll figure it out someday...or not.

Maybe the poster that ask how this was done will benefit from it.

Just joking, thanks!

TRBenj
10-11-2008, 03:56 PM
I'm glad you spained it so I could understand how it works, whatever that means!:rolleyes:
I think what he meant to say was, "A Correct Craft owner went through all the trouble to create the diagram- maybe it would be worthwhile to ask them to share it in its native format so others could benefit from it... or at the very least, give them credit for authoring and posting it here on Teamtalk."

thatsmrmastercraft
10-13-2008, 12:37 AM
I appreciate the efforts TMCNo1, however the colors don't match. I was told that this should be an Indmar engine and that is why the colors don't work.

thatsmrmastercraft
10-13-2008, 12:46 AM
---------------------------

ski_king
10-13-2008, 08:53 AM
If your boat is a 77, it most likley had a PCM when new. Who knows what it was replaced with. I have a better wiring diagram here somewhere. I will look, but it may have been lost when old computer died.

TMCNo1
10-13-2008, 09:26 AM
I appreciate the efforts TMCNo1, however the colors don't match. I was told that this should be an Indmar engine and that is why the colors don't work.

Indmar would have been '87 and later so, I'm as lost as you!

thatsmrmastercraft
10-13-2008, 03:03 PM
I concede to ski king and TMCNo1 that my original engine was a PCM. The current engine is a Mercruiser 302 Ford. After digging through the wiring on the weekend, I see part of my problem is from age and neglect. I cleaned the light corrosion from the fuse block as much as I could without taking it out. I may still have some problems there and will be replacing (and relocating) the fuse block. The only things that aren't working now are the oil pressure, engine temp, and fuel level gauges. Perhaps someone with a boat of my vintage could take a look to see what color wires are connected to the oil pressure and engine temp sending units?