PDA

View Full Version : Who do you REALLY support?

mrprostar
10-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Find out how you feel about specific topics instead of specific candidates. This might surprise you.

http://www.sheboyganpress.com/ic/presidentialquiz.shtml

I was 15 McCains and one Obama.

TMCNo1
10-09-2008, 07:09 PM
All I know is we will vote early on October 31 at our local Public Library and early voting will go thru November 1, with a couple Saturdays and Sundays thrown in!

ProTour X9
10-09-2008, 07:10 PM
8/8.........:confused:

88 PS190
10-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Bunk test. What is stated doesn't necessarily mirror what the person believes, IMHO Obama is far more liberal than he will ever state in a press conference, while mccain is moderate on many accounts.

If mccain were super conservative he would have a more moderate statement than he really felt to be more electable, gotta look at what people do, more than what they say.

mlay
10-09-2008, 11:30 PM
All I know is we will vote early on October 31 at our local Public Library and early voting will go thru November 1, with a couple Saturdays and Sundays thrown in!

I don't know how it works in every state but here in Georgia I have already voted. There may be a site that tells you when in where but if you live in Ga this site will let you know.

http://sos.georgia.gov/elections/11_04_earlyvoting.pdf

T Scott
10-09-2008, 11:53 PM
I got an 8/8 Pretty much suites my political stance. I am not far to the left, or far to the right......just in the middle!

Skipper
10-10-2008, 08:23 AM
I already voted, too. But I did so legally, unlike those ACORN bastages who have been running amuck and running the voting process into the ground.

flipper
10-10-2008, 09:01 AM
That thing is bunk...it didn't have one UMP option in the whole thing!!!

jmac197
10-10-2008, 09:15 AM
13 McCains 3 Obamas. I want a recount! I didn't think I had anything in common with the messiah! :)

TexasMC230
10-10-2008, 09:28 AM
12 mccain and 4 obama

JimN
10-10-2008, 10:03 AM
I already voted, too. But I did so legally, unlike those ACORN bastages who have been running amuck and running the voting process into the ground.

Unfortunately, any attempts (which have always been legal) to keep ACORN from doing what they do will be met with a lawsuit. Every time someone tries to keep the voting clean here in MKE, the Democrats get their shorts in a bunch about how the "Evil Republicans" (how they were actually referred to in the flyer attached to my door) were trying to "disenfranchise" the low-income voters. First of all, the only people anyone is trying to keep from voting are the felons who haven't finished paying their debt and the ones who fill out multiple/fraudulent voter registration cards/any other voter fraud violators. This is being done very openly and legally and the Democratic minions responded in '04 by slashing the tires on a dozen vans that had been rented by the Republican party, for driving people who had no other means of getting to the polls in time. One of the slashers is the son of the former head of the Milwaukee County Budget & Finance committee, one is the son of a State Representative- both Democrats.

It's OK for them to try to keep people from voting in any way they can scheme up but for the Republicans to make an attempt to do it legally is just abhorrent.

Jimmauburn
10-10-2008, 10:12 AM
14 McCains and only 2 Obama...... yeah I could and would definately consider me just a slight Republican.

mlay
10-10-2008, 10:40 AM
12 mccain and 4 obama

Same here but I also question the 4 that went wrong though.

454Prostar190
10-10-2008, 10:57 AM
11 McCain, 5 Obama

SkiDog
10-10-2008, 11:01 AM
12 mccain 4 Nobama

flipper
10-10-2008, 11:03 AM
12 mccain 4 Nobama

I thought his name was was nomoma?

6ballsisall
10-10-2008, 11:24 AM
14 McCain, 2 nomama

mlay
10-26-2008, 07:55 PM
The following 'speech' was written recently by an ordinary Maine-iac [a resident of the People's
Republic of Maine ]. While satirical in nature, all satire must have a basis in fact to be effective.
This is an excellent piece by a person who does not write for a living.

The speech George W. Bush might give:

Normally, I start these things out by saying 'My Fellow Americans.' Not doing it this time. If the
polls are any indication, I don't know who more than half of you are anymore. I do know something
terrible has happened, and that you're really not fellow Americans any longer.

I'll cut right to the chase here: I quit. Now before anyone gets all in a lather about me quitting to
avoid impeachment, or to avoid prosecution or something, let me assure you: There's been no breaking of
laws or impeachable offenses in this office.

The reason I'm quitting is simple. I'm fed up with you people. I'm fed up because you have no
understanding of what's really going on in the world. Or of what's going on in this once-great nation
of ours. And the majority of you are too damned lazy to do your homework and figure it out.

Let's start local. You've been sold a bill of goods by politicians and the news media.

Meanwhile, all you can do is whine about gas prices, and most of you are too damn stupid to realize
that gas prices are high because there's increased demand in other parts of the world, and because a
small handful of noisy idiots are more worried about polar bears and beachfront property than your
economic security.

We face real threats in the world. Don't give me this 'blood for oil' thing. If I were trading blood
for oil I would've already seized Iraq 's oil fields and let the rest of the country go to hell. And
don't give me this 'Bush Lied...People Died' crap either. If I were the liar you morons take me for, I
could've easily had chemical weapons planted in Iraq so they could be 'discovered.' Instead, I owned up
to the fact that the intelligence was faulty.

Let me remind you that the rest of the world thought Saddam had the goods, same as me. Let me also
remind you that regime change in Iraq was official US policy before I came into office. Some guy named
' Clinton ' established that policy. Bet you didn't know that, did you?

Now some of you morons want to be led by a junior senator with no understanding of foreign policy or
economics, and this nitwit says we should attack Pakistan , a nuclear ally. And then he wants to go to
Iran and make peace with a terrorist who says he's going to destroy us. While he's doing that, he wants
to give Iraq to al Qaeda, Afghanistan to the Taliban, Israel to the Palestinians, and your money to the
IRS so the government can give welfare to illegal aliens, who he will make into citizens, so they can
vote to re-elect him. He also thinks it's okay for Iran to have nuclear weapons, and we should stop our
foreign aid to Israel . Did you sleep through high school?

You idiots need to understand that we face a unique enemy. Back during the cold war, there were two
major competing political and economic models squaring off. We won that war, but we did so because
fundamentally, the Communists wanted to survive, just as we do. We were simply able to out spend and
out-tech them.

That's not the case this time. The soldiers of our new enemy don't care if they survive. In fact, they
want to die. That'd be fine, as long as they weren't also committed to taking as many of you with them
as they can. But they are. They want to kill you, and the bastards are all over the globe.

You should be grateful that they haven't gotten any more of us here in the United States since
September 11. But you're not. That's because you've got no idea how hard a small number of
intelligence, military, law enforcement, and homeland security people have worked to make sure of that.
When this whole mess started, I warned you that this would be a long and difficult fight. I'm
disappointed how many of you people think a long and difficult fight amounts to a single season of
'Survivor.'

Instead, you've grown impatient. You're incapable of seeing things through the long lens of history,
the way our enemies do. You think that wars should last a few months, a few years, tops.

Making matters worse, you actively support those who help the enemy Every time you buy the New York
Times, every time you send a donation to a cut-and-run Democrat's political campaign, well, dang it,
you might just as well Fed Ex a grenade launcher to a Jihadist. It amounts to the same thing.

In this day and age, it's easy enough to find the truth. It's all over the Internet. It just isn't on
the pages of the New York Times, USA Today, or on NBC News. But even if it were, I doubt you'd be any
smarter. Most of you would rather watch American Idol or Dancing with Stars.

I could say more about your expectations that the government will always be there to bail you out, even
if you're too stupid to leave a city that's below sea level and has a hurricane approaching.

I could say more about your insane belief that government, not your own wallet, is where the money
comes from. But I've come to the conclusion that were I to do so, it would sail right over your heads.

So I quit. I'm going back to Crawford. I've got an energy-efficient house down there (Al Gore could
only dream) and the capability to be fully self-sufficient for years. No one ever heard of Crawford
before I got elected, and as soon as I'm done here pretty much no one will ever hear of it again. Maybe
I'll be lucky enough to die of old age before the last pillars of America fall.

Oh, and by the way, Cheney's quitting too. That means Pelosi is your new President. You asked for it.
Watch what she does carefully, because I still have a glimmer of hope that there are just enough of you
remaining who are smart enough to turn this thing around in 2008.

So that's it. God bless what's left of America .

Some of you know what I mean. The rest of you, kiss off.

PS - You might want to start learning Farsi, and buy a Koran.

TMCNo1
10-26-2008, 08:19 PM
The following 'speech' was written recently by an ordinary Maine-iac [a resident of the People's
Republic of Maine ]. While satirical in nature, all satire must have a basis in fact to be effective.

I don't know who more than half of you are anymore. I do know something

Does Gene live in Maine and he writing speeches now??????:rolleyes::D It has a familiar ring to it!

bucky
10-26-2008, 08:22 PM
Looks like it's 10-6 for McCain.

PendO
10-26-2008, 08:24 PM
obama on SS, Stem Cell, and Abortion

McCain - everything else

13-3 GOP

mlay
10-26-2008, 08:33 PM
Disclaimer, I do not know who composed this. I just liked it :)

mlay
10-26-2008, 08:36 PM

The speech George W. Bush might give:

Normally, I start these things out by saying 'My Fellow Americans.' Not doing it this time. If the
polls are any indication, I don't know who more than half of you are anymore. I do know something

I'll cut right to the chase here: I quit. Now before anyone gets all in a lather about me quitting to
avoid impeachment, or to avoid prosecution or something, let me assure you: There's been no breaking of
laws or impeachable offenses in this office.

The reason I'm quitting is simple. I'm fed up with you people. I'm fed up because you have no
understanding of what's really going on in the world. Or of what's going on in this once-great nation
of ours. And the majority of you are too damned lazy to do your homework and figure it out.

Let's start local. You've been sold a bill of goods by politicians and the news media.

Meanwhile, all you can do is whine about gas prices, and most of you are too damn stupid to realize
that gas prices are high because there's increased demand in other parts of the world, and because a
small handful of noisy idiots are more worried about polar bears and beachfront property than your
economic security.

We face real threats in the world. Don't give me this 'blood for oil' thing. If I were trading blood
for oil I would've already seized Iraq 's oil fields and let the rest of the country go to hell. And
don't give me this 'Bush Lied...People Died' crap either. If I were the liar you morons take me for, I
could've easily had chemical weapons planted in Iraq so they could be 'discovered.' Instead, I owned up
to the fact that the intelligence was faulty.

Let me remind you that the rest of the world thought Saddam had the goods, same as me. Let me also
remind you that regime change in Iraq was official US policy before I came into office. Some guy named
' Clinton ' established that policy. Bet you didn't know that, did you?

Now some of you morons want to be led by a junior senator with no understanding of foreign policy or
economics, and this nitwit says we should attack Pakistan , a nuclear ally. And then he wants to go to
Iran and make peace with a terrorist who says he's going to destroy us. While he's doing that, he wants
to give Iraq to al Qaeda, Afghanistan to the Taliban, Israel to the Palestinians, and your money to the
IRS so the government can give welfare to illegal aliens, who he will make into citizens, so they can
vote to re-elect him. He also thinks it's okay for Iran to have nuclear weapons, and we should stop our
foreign aid to Israel . Did you sleep through high school?

You idiots need to understand that we face a unique enemy. Back during the cold war, there were two
major competing political and economic models squaring off. We won that war, but we did so because
fundamentally, the Communists wanted to survive, just as we do. We were simply able to out spend and
out-tech them.

That's not the case this time. The soldiers of our new enemy don't care if they survive. In fact, they
want to die. That'd be fine, as long as they weren't also committed to taking as many of you with them
as they can. But they are. They want to kill you, and the bastards are all over the globe.

You should be grateful that they haven't gotten any more of us here in the United States since
September 11. But you're not. That's because you've got no idea how hard a small number of
intelligence, military, law enforcement, and homeland security people have worked to make sure of that.
When this whole mess started, I warned you that this would be a long and difficult fight. I'm
disappointed how many of you people think a long and difficult fight amounts to a single season of
'Survivor.'

Instead, you've grown impatient. You're incapable of seeing things through the long lens of history,
the way our enemies do. You think that wars should last a few months, a few years, tops.

Making matters worse, you actively support those who help the enemy Every time you buy the New York
Times, every time you send a donation to a cut-and-run Democrat's political campaign, well, dang it,
you might just as well Fed Ex a grenade launcher to a Jihadist. It amounts to the same thing.

In this day and age, it's easy enough to find the truth. It's all over the Internet. It just isn't on
the pages of the New York Times, USA Today, or on NBC News. But even if it were, I doubt you'd be any
smarter. Most of you would rather watch American Idol or Dancing with Stars.

I could say more about your expectations that the government will always be there to bail you out, even
if you're too stupid to leave a city that's below sea level and has a hurricane approaching.

I could say more about your insane belief that government, not your own wallet, is where the money
comes from. But I've come to the conclusion that were I to do so, it would sail right over your heads.

So I quit. I'm going back to Crawford. I've got an energy-efficient house down there (Al Gore could
only dream) and the capability to be fully self-sufficient for years. No one ever heard of Crawford
before I got elected, and as soon as I'm done here pretty much no one will ever hear of it again. Maybe
I'll be lucky enough to die of old age before the last pillars of America fall.

Oh, and by the way, Cheney's quitting too. That means Pelosi is your new President. You asked for it.
Watch what she does carefully, because I still have a glimmer of hope that there are just enough of you
remaining who are smart enough to turn this thing around in 2008.

So that's it. God bless what's left of America .

PS - You might want to start learning Farsi, and buy a Koran.

coz
10-26-2008, 09:21 PM
Me too
http://i.pbase.com/o4/85/5585/1/61116011.Clap.gif

JimN
10-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Here's a good one-

Today on my way to lunch I passed a homeless guy with a sign that read: "Vote Obama, I need the money." I laughed.

Once in the restaurant my server had on an "Obama 08" tie, again I laughed as he had given away his political preference - - just imagine the coincidence.

When the bill came I decided not to tip the server and explained to him that I was exploring the Obama redistribution of wealth concept. He stood there in disbelief while I told him that I was going to redistribute his tip to someone who I deemed more in need - - the homeless guy outside. The server angrily stormed from my sight.

I went outside, gave the homeless guy $10 and told him to thank the server inside as I've decided he could use the money more. The homeless guy was grateful.

At the end of my rather unscientific redistribution experiment I realized the homeless guy was grateful for the money he did not earn, but the waiter was pretty angry that I gave away the money he did earn even though the actual recipient deserved money more. I guess redistribution of wealth is an easier thing to swallow in concept than in practical application. OR IS IT?.........REDISTRIBUTION OF SOMEONE ELSE'S WEALTH IS A GREAT IDEA..????

mlay
10-26-2008, 09:35 PM
From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.

For some reason this just does not float well with me.

TX.X-30 fan
10-26-2008, 10:05 PM
obama on SS, Stem Cell, and AbortionMcCain - everything else

13-3 GOP

I just don't get this. Which one of your brood should have been terminated??? The answer is none of them!!!!!!!! Very sad we have such a poor respect for human life in this country, just say NOBAMA!!!!!!

TX.X-30 fan
10-26-2008, 10:19 PM
13 McCains 3 Obamas. I want a recount! I didn't think I had anything in common with the messiah! :)

DITTO!!!!!!!!! Some questions I wanted a third option.

JimN
10-26-2008, 10:50 PM
From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.

For some reason this just does not float well with me.

That's it! Turn in your worker's coat and hat! You're out of the Sickle and Hammer club!:rant:

Ski-me
10-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Here's a good one-

Today on my way to lunch I passed a homeless guy with a sign that read: "Vote Obama, I need the money." I laughed.

Once in the restaurant my server had on an "Obama 08" tie, again I laughed as he had given away his political preference - - just imagine the coincidence.

When the bill came I decided not to tip the server and explained to him that I was exploring the Obama redistribution of wealth concept. He stood there in disbelief while I told him that I was going to redistribute his tip to someone who I deemed more in need - - the homeless guy outside. The server angrily stormed from my sight.

I went outside, gave the homeless guy $10 and told him to thank the server inside as I've decided he could use the money more. The homeless guy was grateful.

At the end of my rather unscientific redistribution experiment I realized the homeless guy was grateful for the money he did not earn, but the waiter was pretty angry that I gave away the money he did earn even though the actual recipient deserved money more. I guess redistribution of wealth is an easier thing to swallow in concept than in practical application. OR IS IT?.........REDISTRIBUTION OF SOMEONE ELSE'S WEALTH IS A GREAT IDEA..????

Love it! :D

Skipper
10-27-2008, 12:28 PM
I see on the news this morning the Dems are already planning to cut military spending by 25%. Now where do you suppose they are going to redistribute that wealth? Anybody remember, we are still at war?

TMCNo1
10-27-2008, 12:36 PM
I support Joe the Plumber and Six Pack Sam!

lanier92prostar
10-27-2008, 01:05 PM
13 McCain, 3 nomama

jmac197
10-27-2008, 01:08 PM
It seems like the overwhelming majority are agreeing with McCain's policies. Where are all the Nosama supporters here? Are we just more politically astute?

Jesus_Freak
10-27-2008, 02:07 PM

Pendo, I am confused. Help me out here. A year or so ago, you posted a prayer request on the GPR thread for the persecuted among the Assyrian Christian community. Thank you for bringing that to our attention and for supporting the thread! If you would kindly help me understand your view expressed above...how do you distinguish between persecuted children outside the womb and persecuted children inside the womb? :confused:

Sodar
10-27-2008, 02:32 PM

McCain - everything else

13-3 GOP

x2 .

cmw
10-27-2008, 03:24 PM
13 McCain 3 Obama

Roonie's
10-27-2008, 05:36 PM
11 Obama and 5 McCains. Agreed with McCain on economic, job, trade, energy initiatives, and illegal immigration everything else Obama.

Sodar
10-27-2008, 05:39 PM
11 Obama and 5 McCains. Agreed with McCain on economic, job, trade, energy initiatives, and illegal immigration everything else Obama.

That's It! Altfootr... Infract this man!
:D8p:D

TX.X-30 fan
10-27-2008, 06:38 PM

Where can I send my money for your boat gas next year??

Unity, hope. :rolleyes: have you heard his opinion of the constitution. A flawed document. Did you hear of his disappointment with the supreme court for not taking a stand on reparations??

Worst candidate in the history of our great nation.

PendO
10-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Are you pro-death penalty?

I am pro-death penalty and pro-choice ... I don't belive that a person can have different (perpendicular) views on abortion and the death penalty as it all comes down to the sanctity of life ... regardless, no country is going to dictate to my wife/daughter/sister on whether or not they can have an abortion ... now, as for their individual decision to do so, they can talk to god 1 v. 1 about that, and I am more than happy to be supportive as they pray through their individual decision... if it is unplanned I would not support abortion ... rape or incest I support abortion ... danger to the mother ... I support abortion ...

Pendo, I am confused. Help me out here. A year or so ago, you posted a prayer request on the GPR thread for the persecuted among the Assyrian Christian community. Thank you for bringing that to our attention and for supporting the thread! If you would kindly help me understand your view expressed above...how do you distinguish between persecuted children outside the womb and persecuted children inside the womb? :confused:

TX.X-30 fan
10-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Are you pro-death penalty?

Try again, I know you can do better. :D

PendO
10-27-2008, 07:47 PM
Try again, I know you can do better. :D

GO MAKE ME A SAMMICH ... PRAM PAYS SHIPPING!

TX.X-30 fan
10-27-2008, 08:12 PM
GO MAKE ME A SAMMICH ... PRAM PAYS SHIPPING!

I'm thinking Panini, some clarified butter and olive oil on sliced ciabatta roll then we go thinly sliced smithfield ham provolone or aged swiss?? :confused:

VirtualWi
10-27-2008, 08:21 PM
14 Obama, 2 McCain

loeweb
10-27-2008, 08:34 PM
8-8:confused: Maybe I'm not as much of an OBAMA Supporter as I once thought. I think I'm going to vote for the candidate that will best serve US and OUR country;)

Roonie's
10-27-2008, 10:02 PM
I am more middle moderate as well. Suprised I scored the way I did. I think there should be a third option in a lot of those questions or make them polar opposite like the more obvious ones. As it stood, I answered much more in favor of Obama 11-5.

CarlosCabanas
10-27-2008, 11:29 PM
I'm not american... nor living in the U.S. but I thought I'd take the test for fun....

8-8 with a few that as stated before I would have liked a third option....

TMCNo1
10-28-2008, 07:08 AM
Now- this is really shucking it down to the cob

On television today a Democratic operative pointed

Out that when Obama holds a rally 25-30,000 people show up,

Whereas when McCain holds one he only draws 10-15,000. And
He asked just how do you explain that?........
The Republican spokesman replied with no hesitation whatsoever,
"That's because McCain's supporters are all at work!!!

Ski-me
10-28-2008, 10:34 AM
McCain - 14
Obama - 2

ShamrockIV
10-28-2008, 11:21 AM
12 mccain 4 the other guy!!

Skipper
10-28-2008, 12:19 PM
I never took the test, but I support an American war hero...

not a radical with questionable religious affiliation and a known associate of a terrorist who has attacked Americans.

Just cannot believe that so many in this country are willing to elect somebody like that for their president. Probably have the Iranaian President over for a barbeque after his inaguration.

Jesus_Freak
10-28-2008, 12:42 PM
I am pro-death penalty and pro-choice ... I don't belive that a person can have different (perpendicular) views on abortion and the death penalty as it all comes down to the sanctity of life ... regardless, no country is going to dictate to my wife/daughter/sister on whether or not they can have an abortion ... now, as for their individual decision to do so, they can talk to god 1 v. 1 about that, and I am more than happy to be supportive as they pray through their individual decision... if it is unplanned I would not support abortion ... rape or incest I support abortion ... danger to the mother ... I support abortion ...

I find it hard to draw a parallel between the death penalty and abortion; the recipient of the death penalty has (theoretically) done something wrong.

EDIT: I need to further challenge the seemingly inconsistent view. Maybe I am missing something, but it seems like you want the "country" to force death upon someone who hurts your family (or whatever the crime), but not force your family to protect one of your children or grandchildren. That is like saying a child protection agency has no right to remove a child from an life-threatening/abusive home.

YooperScott
10-28-2008, 01:42 PM
I was 12/4. I had no idea I was so far left. I figured 16/0.

Scott
'95 LT1 Prostar 190

Monte
10-28-2008, 01:49 PM
12/ 4 Obama>>> Kidding.. I agree with McCain mostly. I would be interested in knowing if the creator of the questionaire has a slant one way or another.

funk
10-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Obama Urges Voters to Take Day Off From Work to Help Campaign on Election Day
Barack Obama's campaign is urging voters to take off a day from work or school on Election Day so they can help him win.

FOXNews.com

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A new 30-second spot on Barack Obama's Web site is urging voters to "talk to your boss" or professor and then take the day off from work or school to volunteer for his campaign on Election Day.

The "Take the Day" campaign suggests voters sign up to go to battleground states or work in phone banks closer to home on Nov. 4, when they would normally be at work or in class.

"We can't win this election unless every Obama supporter gets out and votes on November 4th. To do that, we need a massive team of volunteers helping us. Can you take next Tuesday off from work, join the final push, and make sure that everyone who supports Barack turns out to vote?" asks the Web page hosting the ad.

On the trail, Obama has been encouraging voters to go to the polls for early voting, and reports from several states are that Democrats are going into the voting booths in larger numbers than Republicans.

John McCain's campaign, though, scolded Obama for encouraging voters to skip work on his behalf.

"Apparently Barack Obama believes that you can't 'make history' by doing your job, or going to school, or caring for your kids. Apparently Barack Obama thinks the only way Americans can make history is by voting, and working, for Barack Obama," McCain spokesman Michael Goldfarb said in a statement to FOXNews.com. "It's the arrogance of a man who believes Americans either support his candidacy or cling bitterly to guns and religion out of fear and xenophobia."

On Tuesday, several thousand people came out in a cold and steady rain to hear Obama address an outdoor rally at Widener University, outside Philadelphia.

"I just want all of you to know that if we see this kind of dedication on Election Day, there is no way that we're not going to bring change to America," he told the shivering crowd.

TMCNo1
10-28-2008, 05:15 PM
Looks like sharing the wealth also means sharing your time at work too!

Like I posted in a previous post,

Now- this is really shucking it down to the cob

On television today a Democratic operative pointed

Out that when Obama holds a rally 25-30,000 people show up,

Whereas when McCain holds one he only draws 10-15,000. And
He asked just how do you explain that?........
The Republican spokesman replied with no hesitation whatsoever,
"That's because McCain's supporters are all at work!!!

TMCNo1
10-29-2008, 11:43 AM
Notice to All Employees,

As of November 5, 2008, when President Obama is
officially elected into office, our company will install a
few new policies which are in keeping with his new,
inspiring issues of change and fairness:

1. All salespeople will be pooling their sales
commissions into a common pool that will be divided equally
between all of you. This will serve to give those of you
who are underachieving a “fair shake.”

2. All hourly employees will be pooling their wages,
including overtime, into a common pool, dividing it equally
amongst yourselves. This will help those who are “too
busy for overtime” to reap the rewards from those who have
more spare time and can work extra hours.

3. All top management will now be referred to as “the
government.” We will not participate in this
“pooling” experience because the law doesn't apply
to us.

4. The “government” will give eloquent speeches to
all employees every week, encouraging its workers to
continue to work hard “for the good of all.”

5. The employees will be thrilled with these new policies
because it's “good to spread the wealth.” Those of
you who have underachieved will finally get an opportunity;
those of you who have worked hard and had success will feel
more “patriotic.”

6. The last few people who were hired should clean out
their desks. Don't feel bad though, because President
Obama will give you free healthcare, free handouts, free oil
for heating your home, free food stamps, and he'll let
you stay in your home for as long as you want even if you
can't pay your mortgage. If you appeal directly to our
Democratic Congress, you might even get a free flat screen
TV and a coupon for free haircuts (shouldn't all
Americans be entitled to nice looking hair?) !!!

If for any reason you are not happy with the new
policies, you may want to rethink your vote on November
4th.

duckguy
10-29-2008, 12:43 PM
Obama will win!

3event
10-29-2008, 01:26 PM
[QUOTE=TMCNo1;552296]"That's because McCain's supporters are all at work!!![QUOTE]

TMCNo1 WINS !!! TMCNo1 WINS !!! You just made my day, man, thanks! :D:D

PS if any of my employees want to take the day off, I will be pleased to let them do it if it doesn't interfere with already planned business, and will charge them 1 vac day to do it. I would expect my boss to treat me exactly the same way, as I expect he would.

h20_skidog
10-29-2008, 02:08 PM
“I’ll keep my freedom, my guns, and my money, you can keep THE CHANGE”.
Vote for McCain/Palin

RexDog1
10-29-2008, 04:16 PM
his letter was written by a man in East Texas as an open letter to
Senator Obama. He really does exist and says anyone can email his
letter around, just don't change it. If you know someone who holds to
the theory that the rich have life easy and need to be taxed more
send it to them. This man tells it like it is!

Mr. Obama,

Given the uproar about the simple question asked you by Joe the
plumber, and the persecution that has been heaped on him because he
dared to question you, I find myself motivated to say a few things to
you myself. While Joe aspires to start a business someday, I already
have started not one, but 4 businesses. But first, let me introduce
myself. You can call me "Cory the well driller". I am a 54 year old
high school graduate. I didn't go to college like you, I was too
ready to go "conquer the world" when I finished high school. 25 years
ago at age 29, I started my own water well drilling business at a
time when the economy here in East Texas was in a tailspin from the
crash of the early 80's oil boom. I didn't get any help from the
government, nor did I look for any. I borrowed what I could from my
sister, my uncle, and even the pawn shop and managed to scrape
together a homemade drill rig and a few tools to do my first job. My
businesses did not start as a result of privilege. They are the
result of my personal drive, personal ambition, self discipline, self
reliance, and a determination to treat my customers fairly. From the
very start my business provided one other (than myself) East Texan a
full time job. I couldn't afford a backhoe the first few years
(something every well drilling business had), so I and my helper had
to dig the mud pits that are necessary for each and every job with
hand shovels. I had to use my 10 year old, 1/2 ton pickup truck for
my water tank truck (normally a job for at least a 2 ton truck).

A year and a half after I started the business, I scraped together a
20% down payment to get a modest bank loan and bought a (28 year)
old, worn out, slightly bigger drilling rig to allow me to drill the
deeper water wells in my area. I spent the next few years drilling
wells with the rig while simultaneously rebuilding it between jobs.
Through these years I never knew from one month to the next if I
would have any work or be able to pay the bills. I got behind on my
income taxes one year, and spent the next two years paying that back
(with penalty and interest) while keeping up with ongoing taxes. I
got behind on my water well supply bill 2 different years (way behind
the second time... $80,000.00), and spent over a year paying it back
(each time) while continuing to pay for ongoing supplies C.O.D.. Of
course, the personal stress endured through these experiences and
years is hard to measure. I do have a stent in my heart now to
memorialize it all.

I spent the next 10 years developing the reputation for being the
most competent and most honest water well driller in East Texas. 2
years along the way, I hired another full time employee for the
drilling business so that we could provide full time water well pump
service as well as the well drilling. Also, 3 years along the path, I
bought a water well screen service machine from a friend, starting
business # 2. 5 years later I made a business loan for $100,000.00 to
build a new, higher production, computer controlled screen service
machine. I had designed the machine myself, and it didn't work out
for 3 years so I had to make the loan payments without the benefit of
any added income from the new machine. No government program was
there to help me with the payments, or to help me sleep at night as I
lay awake wondering how I would solve my machine problems or pay my
bills. Finally, after 3 years, I got the screen machine working
properly, and that provided another full time job for an East Texan
in the screen service business.

2 years after that, I made another business loan, this time for
$250,000.00, to buy another used drilling rig and all the support
equipment needed to run another, larger, drill rig. This provided
another 2 full time jobs for East Texans. Again, I spent a couple of
years not knowing if I had made a smart move, or a move that would
bankrupt me. For the third time in 13 years, I had placed everything
I owned on the line, risking everything, in order to build a
business.

A couple of years into this, I came up with a bright idea for a new
kind of mud pump, a fundamentally necessary pump used on water well
drill rigs. I spent my entire life savings to date (just $30,000.00),
building a prototype of the pump and took it to the national water
well convention to show it off. Customers immediately started coming
out of the woodworks to buy the pumps, but there was a problem. I had
depleted my assets making the prototype, and nobody would make me a
business loan to start production of the new pumps. With several
deposits for pump orders in hand, and nowhere to go, I finally
started applying for as many credit card as I could find and took
cash withdrawals on these cards to the tune of over $150,000.00
(including modest loans from my dear sister and brother), to get this
3rd business going.

Yes, once again, I had everything hanging over the line in an effort
to start another business. I had never manufactured anything, and I
had to design and bring into production a complex hydraulic machine
from an untested prototype to a reliable production model (in six
months). How many nights I lay awake wondering if I had just made the
paramount mistake of my life I cannot tell you, but there were
plenty. I managed to get the pumps into production, which immediately
created another 2 full time jobs in East Texas. Some of the models in
the first year suffered from quality issues due to the poor
workmanship of one of my key suppliers, so I and an employee (another
East Texan employed) had to drive across the country to repair
customers' pumps, practically from coast to coast. I stood behind the
product, and made payments to all the credit cards that had financed
me (and my brother and sister). I spent the next 5 years improving
and refining the product, building a reputation for the pump and the
company, working to get the pump into drill rig manufacturers'
product lines, and paying back credit cards. During all this time I
continued to manage a growing water well business that was now
operating 3 drill rig crews, and 2 well service crews. Also, the
screen service business continued to grow. No government programs
were there to help me, Mr. Obama, but that's ok, I didn't expect any,
nor did I want any. I was too busy fighting to make success happen to
sit around waiting for the government to help me.

Now, we have been manufacturing the mud pumps for 7 years, my
combined businesses employ 32 full time employees, and distribute
$5,000,000.00 annually through the local economy. Now, just 4 months
ago I borrowed $1,254,000.00, purchasing computer controlled
machining equipment to start my 4th business, a production machine
shop. The machine shop will serve the mud pump company so that we can
better manufacture our pumps that are being shipped worldwide. Of
course, the machine shop will also do work for outside companies as
well. This has already produced 2 more full time jobs, and 2 more
should develop out of it in the next few months. This should work
out, but if it doesn't it will be because you, and the other
professional politicians like yourself, will have destroyed our
countrys' (and the world) economy with your meddling with mortgage
loan programs through your liberal manipulation and intimidation of
loaning institutions to make sure that unqualified borrowers could
get mortgages. You see, at the very time when I couldn't get a
business loan to get my mud pumps into production, you were working
with Acorn and the Community Reinvestment Act programs to make sure
that unqualified borrowers could buy homes with no down payment, and
even no credit or worse yet, bad credit. Even the infamous, liberal,
Ninja loans (No Income, No Job or Assets). While these unqualified
borrowers were enjoying unrealistically low interest rates, I was
paying 22% to 24% interest on the credit cards that I had used to
provide me the funds for the mud pump business that has created jobs
for more East Texans. It's funny, because after 25 years of turning
almost every dime of extra money back into my businesses to grow
them, it has been only in the last two years that I have finally made
enough money to be able to put a little away for retirement, and now
the value of that has dropped 40% because of the policies you and
your ilk have perpetrated on our country.

You see, Mr. Obama, I'm the guy you intend to raise taxes on. I'm the
guy who has spent 25 years toiling and sweating, fretting and
fighting, stressing and risking, to build a business and get ahead.
I'm the guy who has been on the very edge of bankruptcy more than a
dozen times over the last 25 years, and all the while creating more
and more jobs for East Texans who didn't want to take a risk, and
would not demand from themselves what I have demanded from myself.
I'm the guy you characterize as "the Americans who can afford it the
most" that you believe should be taxed more to provide income
redistribution "to spread the wealth" to those who have never toiled,
sweated, fretted, fought, stressed, or risked anything. You want to
characterize me as someone who has enjoyed a life of privilege and
who needs to pay a higher percentage of my income than those who have
bought into your entitlement culture. I resent you, Mr. Obama, as I
resent all who want to use class warfare as a tool to advance their
political career. What's worse, each year more Americans buy into
your liberal entitlement culture, and turn to the government for
their hope of a better life instead of themselves. Liberals are
succeeding through more than 40 years of collaborative effort between
the predominant liberal media, and liberal indoctrination programs in
the public school systems across our land.

What is so terribly sad about this is this. America was made great by
people who embraced the one-time American culture of self reliance,
self motivation, self determination, self discipline, personal
betterment, hard work, risk taking. A culture built around the
concept that success was in reach of every able bodied American who
would strive for it. Each year that less Americans embrace that
culture, we all descend together. We descend down the socialist path
that has brought country after country ultimately to bitter and
unremarkable states. If you and your liberal comrades in the media
and school systems would spend half as much effort cultivating a
culture of can-do across America as you do cultivating your
entitlement culture, we could see Americans at large embracing the
conviction that they can elevate themselves through personal
betterment, personal achievement, and self reliance. You see, when
people embrace such ideals, they act on them. When people act on such
ideals, they succeed. All of America could find herself elevating
instead of deteriorating. But that would eliminate the need for
liberal politicians, wouldn't it, Mr. Obama? The country would not
need you if the country was convinced that problem solving was best
left with individuals instead of the government. You and all your
liberal comrades have got a vested interested in creating a dependent
class in our country. It is the very business of liberals to create
an ever expanding dependence on government. What's remarkable is that
you, who have never produced a job in your life, are going to tax me
to take more of my money and give it to people who wouldn't need my
money if they would get off their entitlement mentality asses and
apply themselves at work, demand more from themselves, and quit
looking to liberal politicians to raise their station in life.

You see, I know because I've had them work for me before. Hundreds of
them over these 25 years. People who simply will not show up to work
on time. People who just will not work 5 days in a week, much less, 6
days. People always looking for a way to put less effort out. People
who actually tell me that they would do more if I just would first
pay them more. People who take off work to sit in government offices
to apply to get free government handouts (gee, I wonder how things
would have turned out for them if they had spent that time earning
money and pleasing their employer?). You see, all of this comes from
your entitlement mentality culture.

Oh, I know you will say I am uncompassionate. Sorry, Mr. Obama, wrong
again. You see, I've seen what the average percentage of your income
has been given to charities over the years of 2000 to 2004 (ignoring
the years you started running for office - can you
pronounce "politically motivated"), you averaged less than 1%
annually. And your running mate, Joe Biden, averaged less than ¼% of
his annual income in charitable contributions over the last 10 years.
Like so many liberals, the two of you want to give to the needy, just
as long as it is someone else's money you are giving to them. I won't
say what I have given to charities over the last 25 years, but the
percentage is several times more than you and Joe Biden. combined
(don't you just hate google?). Tell me again how you feel my pain.

In short, Mr. Obama, your political philosophies represent everything
that is wrong with our country. You represent the culture of
government dependence instead of self reliance; Entitlement mentality
instead of personal achievement; Penalization of the successful to
reward the unmotivated; Political correctness instead of open
mindedness and open debate. If you are successful, you may preside
over the final transformation of America from being the greatest and
most self-reliant culture on earth, to just another country of
whiners and wimps, who sit around looking to the government to solve
their problems. Like all of western Europe. All countries on the
decline. All countries that, because of liberal socialistic
mentalities, have a little less to offer mankind every year.

God help us...

Cory Miller

just a ordinary, extraordinary American, the way a lot of Americans
used to be.

P.S. Yes, Mr. Obama, I am a real American...
http://www.cmillerdrilling.com (http://www.cmillerdrilling.com/)

Monte
10-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Very Powerful

TMCNo1
10-29-2008, 04:54 PM
That's great! I can sympathize with him as a person who has run their own business for nearly 40 years!

RexDog1
10-29-2008, 05:09 PM
That's great! I can sympathize with him as a person who has run their own business for nearly 40 years!

yep

It hits home for me…………………. :o

I am going on 10 years myself, and when I started I had 4 employees, now I have 22 employees that I need to pay every 2 weeks, I work hard for my family and my employees, and their families …………………:o

Why should I work so hard?????:rolleyes:

Don
10-29-2008, 08:06 PM
McCann is as much a Bimbo as Palin.......I hope to God Obama wins and can save this country from the mess the Republicans/Bush has made. At least we will sit down at the table and talk to the rest of the World, not just pull the trigger.

Sodar
10-29-2008, 08:07 PM
McCann is as much a Bimbo as Palin.......I hope to God Obama wins and can save this country from the mess the Republicans/Bush has made. At least we will sit down at the table and talk to the rest of the World, not just pull the trigger.

Is your name Chad?

lanier92prostar
10-29-2008, 11:01 PM

I am not even going to comment on this. You are a believer in the President that the media created. If he wins, I hope your family doesn't suffer as much as mine with his tax plan.

6ballsisall
10-29-2008, 11:25 PM

Chad??????:confused:

h20_skidog
10-30-2008, 08:08 AM
TWAS THE WEEK OF ELECTIONS

Twas the week of elections
and throughout every state
Voters cast ballots
that determined their fate.

Joe, the good plumber,
tossed and turned in his bed
While visions of tax bills
encircled his head.

Suddenly, Joe wept
as he looked to his roof
For there he heard prancing
of each liberal hoof.

The blue Santa arrives
with a sack full of tricks
Wrapped all delightfully
in bad politics.

Big boxes of checks
meant for spreading the wealth
And lame, empty promises
on issues of health.

A tattered red stocking
was all he left for poor Joe
And a card filled with CHANGE
reading...with love, your hero.

'On Pelosi, on Reid,
Dodd, Frank and Ted Kennedy!
Biden, the Clintons!'
what an obscenity.

At the head of his team
was a reindeer named Colin
Whose red nose turned blue
as his judgment had swollen.

'From the bottom to the top..
let's have a free-for-all!
Now tax away, tax away!
TAX AWAY, ALL!'

Joe woke from his nightmare
with a plea to the masses:
'Vote for McCain
...not those other dumb asses!'

Cause if Obama is elected
our country be wary.
The CHANGE you might get
could be pretty darn...scary

h20_skidog
10-30-2008, 08:26 AM
A serious comment by Bill Lear (Lear Jet)

Subject: Straight talk for Republicans and Democrats.

A Humble Plea to McCain and Obama Supporters:

Dear friends,

I am truly astonished by the ignorance Obama supporters have displayed in their quest to get someone - ANYONE - into the White House. I can well understand your dislike or utter disdain of our clown, GWB, but he is not the root cause of all of our problems. Our Congress is. And a change there would be welcomed by all. You ain't gonna get it done with Obama. You gotta fire the whole damnable crooked Congress.
(Read my book, 'BERNIE'S WAR!').

Perhaps I'm looking at all of this from a different perspective than you because my l ife experiences have been so different from yours. I'm 80-years old and have traveled the world where I've seen a great deal. I spent five years on active duty as a fighter pilot in the USAF and another seven years flying with the Air National Guard inCalifornia and Texas as well as a few years flying in the USAF Reserve. I spent three years on active duty in Germany flying Czech border patrol with 'cold guns' in aircraft inferior to the MIG during the Korean 'Police Action' when it was thought that Korea was a diversion for a Soviet invasion of Western Europe .

I lived abroad for a total of 28 years. Three years in Germany, twenty years in Switzerland and five years in Great Britain where I was based doing 'spook' work for the U.S. behind the Iron Curtain before it fell. During that era of the Cold War I ventured to Moscow, Prague, Warsaw, Bucharest, Peshawar, Pakistan and Bulgaria posing as a Swiss French-speaking arms dealer purchasing weapons we surreptitiously supplied to the Afghani Mujahedeen in their successful fight against the Soviets - all of which came back to haunt us. I've been there and done that and have had close associations with top government people in Germany , the Netherlands and Great Britain . I've had more foreign affair experience than Obama could ever dream of and, yet, wouldn't have the temerity to deign myself 'Presidential' material; although I feel eminently more qualified to judge who would NOT be best for our country. My long-time world experience should count for something in my plea to you to abandon this miscreant flake. You will only be doing yourself and our country an enormous disservice if you persist in your support of this flash-in-the-pan opportunist. On this, you MUST trust me.

I've associated closely with European royalty and African politicians. I've traveled to the Far East to observe their cultures. My point is that Obama, although formally well educated and a brilliant orator, is a neophyte when it comes to understanding the world and is uniquely unqualified for the job as President of these great United States . His know ledge of economics is nil and his tax proposals absurd and life-threatening to the U.S. not only in economic terms but in preserving our national security as well. I don't want a 'citizen of the world' to be President, I want a citizen of the good old USA to be President.

Screw the rest of the world as they have well and truly screwed us. The time has come for us to awaken and start looking after ourselves. Now THAT would be CHANGE if that's what you're looking for.

While McCain has abstained from playing 'the race-card', Obama is playing it to the hilt even though he's technically not an African-American. To qualify for this distinction you must be at least one-sixth black. Obama is only one-eighth. His father would be, as he was one-sixth. No, Obama is more Muslim than black yet he trades on his blackness.

The larger question I have about him is that we really don't know much about him other than what HE tells us, what we read on blogs and from some s erious non-partisan investigators whose factual reports are, unfortunately, generally ignored and which receive precious little media exposure.

I, as a registered Independent, a military veteran and a patriot, beseech you to put aside party considerations and vote for the lesser of the two evils. Yes, I am NOT a McCain supporter, but he is, at least, not a flake, doesn't carry Muslim baggage and is a PROVEN hero and patriot WITH experience. It's not a party issue. It's all about electing the best we can trust with what we've got to work with. Mr. Obama is NOT that guy.

Please, please rethink your voting position. Thanks for reading my innermost thoughts. I care about all of you, but I care more about our country. Please help me to do both.

William P. (Bill) Lear, Jr.

lear@cfl.rr.com (lear@cfl.rr.com)

bbymgr
10-30-2008, 08:59 AM
"Joe the Plumber".........what a joke. We have to stop talking about this loser. He is just as bad as the Dems when it comes to looking for handouts. Now he has a Country Music Agent. What happened to buying that plumbing company??? I'm all for promoting McCain...... I just think this guy makes us look bad. He talked a good story, but when someone offered a handout, he snatched it up.

bbymgr
10-30-2008, 09:28 AM
TWAS THE WEEK OF ELECTIONS

Twas the week of elections
and throughout every state
Voters cast ballots
that determined their fate.

Joe, the good plumber,
tossed and turned in his bed
While visions of tax bills
encircled his head.

Suddenly, Joe wept
as he looked to his roof
For there he heard prancing
of each liberal hoof.

The blue Santa arrives
with a sack full of tricks
Wrapped all delightfully
in bad politics.

Big boxes of checks
meant for spreading the wealth
And lame, empty promises
on issues of health.

A tattered red stocking
was all he left for poor Joe
And a card filled with CHANGE
reading...with love, your hero.

'On Pelosi, on Reid,
Dodd, Frank and Ted Kennedy!
Biden, the Clintons!'
what an obscenity.

At the head of his team
was a reindeer named Colin
Whose red nose turned blue
as his judgment had swollen.

'From the bottom to the top..
let's have a free-for-all!
Now tax away, tax away!
TAX AWAY, ALL!'

Joe woke from his nightmare
with a plea to the masses:
'Vote for McCain
...not those other dumb asses!'

Cause if Obama is elected
our country be wary.
The CHANGE you might get
could be pretty darn...scary

Here is a different version.

'Twas the night before elections
And all through the town
Tempers were flaring
Emotions all up and down!

I, in my bathrobe
With the dog in my lap
Had cut off the TV
Tired of political crap.

When all of a sudden
There arose such a noise
I peered out of my window
Saw Obama and his boys

They had come for my wallet
They wanted my pay
To give to the others
Who had not worked a day!

He snatched up my money
And quick as a wink
Jumped back on his bandwagon
As I gagged from the stink

He then rallied his henchmen
Who were pulling his cart
I could tell they were out
To tear my country apart!

' On Fannie, on Freddie,
On Biden and Ayers!
On Acorn, On Pelosi'
He screamed at the pairs!

They took off for his cause
And as he flew out of sight
I heard him laugh at the nation
Who wouldn't stand up and fight!

So I leave you to think
On this one final note-
IF YOU DONT WANT SOCIALISM
Get OUT AND VOTE!!

Maristar210
10-30-2008, 09:44 AM

As naive a statement as I have ever seen.

Don
10-30-2008, 10:08 AM
All you have to do is open your eyes. If you think your taxes will go up as a small business owner under McCann, then you are probably greedy and making too much money. I have no intention having an intellectual exchange with narrow minded people who believe the propaganda. McCann is as dumb as Bush and I guess you voted for him as well. They are both puppets who can't talk intelligently without a teleprompter.

I'm not telling you how to vote. You are entitled to believe what ever you wish.......so am I. I've read the dribble on this thread and simply answered the question.....I support Obama.

jmac197
10-30-2008, 10:14 AM
All you have to do is open your eyes. If you think your taxes will go up as a small business owner under McCann, then you are probably greedy and making too much money. I have no intention having an intellectual exchange with narrow minded people who believe the propaganda. McCann is as dumb as Bush and I guess you voted for him as well. They are both puppets who can't talk intelligently without a teleprompter.

I'm not telling you how to vote. You are entitled to believe what ever you wish.......so am I. I've read the dribble on this thread and simply answered the question.....I support Obama.

Huh?.................

Moderator2
10-30-2008, 10:18 AM
Let's all play nice now. I would hate to see yet another thread go bye-bye here at TMC.

Everyone can express their political support without bashing other members. Once that line is crossed this thread will disappear.

#47of100TeamMC
10-30-2008, 10:22 AM

By mess, I assume you are talking about the Economy? Which has been started by the Housing Crisis correct? The housing crisis created when Bill Clinton said, "Everyone should be able to live the american dream and own a home" That's the mess you are referring to right? Ok, I was just confused because you said Republican's/Bush made the "mess". I get it now.

jmac197
10-30-2008, 10:32 AM
Is that the same mess that GWB tried to prevent by increasing the regulation of Freddie and Fannie, but had that increased regulation voted down by the Democratically controlled congress?

RexDog1
10-30-2008, 10:37 AM
Man I am happy there are no political threads on TT…………….

First off I am a small business owner, and I went into debt to put myself through college no help from anybody just me, I ate Top Romin for 4 years….. Worked hard and then went into debt again…. just to start my own business, I work my a$$ off just to get out of debt and grow my business, why did I do this?? Because I wanted to make a good life for my family, all my 22 employs and there families have good health insurance that I pay, and all of the original 4 employs still work for me……….. Going on 10 years now

Just because I put MY a$$ on the line, work hard, and yes I do make money…. Now, I am greedy? :confused:

jmac197
10-30-2008, 10:51 AM
Do we make money or EARN money.

Maristar210
10-30-2008, 10:52 AM

Who is McCann?

Calling any president, Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, Gerald Ford... calling any of them dumb is disrespectful to the office of the president. You should be ashamed of yourself for throwing words like this at the office of President. If Obama is elected I will still respect the office of the president. I may not like it as I despised Clinton and his lying before congress repeatedly but I still knew he was our commander in chief and I respected him.

Have a Nice Day

RexDog1
10-30-2008, 11:09 AM

I earn money,

The way I was brought up…. was there are no free rides, if you want a better life? You need to work hard to obtain it……….. That seems to be lost :o

TMCNo1
10-30-2008, 11:12 AM

I earn the money I make!

RexDog1
10-30-2008, 11:24 AM
This guy wonted change, right to jail :rolleyes:

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff266/dutchtreat2008/?action=view&current=SmallFinevsJailTime.flv (http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff266/dutchtreat2008/?action=view&current=SmallFinevsJailTime.flv)

flipper
10-30-2008, 11:26 AM
Nothing any of you guys can say, I'm still voting for UMP.

Monte
10-30-2008, 11:27 AM
I earn every penny I make.. Like Jon said I was brought up with the understanding there ain't no free rides. I don't want to share unless I decide who I share with. I do my own charity work through a civic club that I pay for and work to be in, not for the prestige or recognition, but because I want the world I live in to be a better place. I don't need the government to TAKE my money and give it to someone who is unwilling for the most part to help themselves.

jmac197
10-30-2008, 11:39 AM
I earn the money I make!

Exactly my point. What will all the recipient of the redistribution of wealth do to EARN their money?

Interesting story about the pilgrims.....

http://www.unsolvedmysteries.com/usm467038.html
or just google
pilgrims socialist experiment

This redistribution of wealth has been tried before.......

TMCNo1
10-30-2008, 11:40 AM
I earn every penny I make.. Like Jon said I was brought up with the understanding there ain't no free rides. I don't want to share unless I decide who I share with. I do my own charity work through a civic club that I pay for and work to be in, not for the prestige or recognition, but because I want the world I live in to be a better place. I don't need the government to TAKE my money and give it to someone who is unwilling for the most part to help themselves.

So true, so true!

flipper
10-30-2008, 11:55 AM

Well said. Basically, I've been working 14-18 hour days for the last month so the next guy doesn't have to work at all. Why should I HAVE to give my money to the fool that's too lazy to get out of bed in the morning and make their own? I'm just working for the next guy. I don't mind helping people at all, that's not what I'm saying. I do mind supporting people that don't WANT to support themselves. I'm guessing that if the law read such that you have to have a job, and support yourself to vote, the election would have a much different out come.

Maristar210
10-30-2008, 12:13 PM
Well said. Basically, I've been working 14-18 hour days for the last month so the next guy doesn't have to work at all. Why should I HAVE to give my money to the fool that's too lazy to get out of bed in the morning and make their own? I'm just working for the next guy. I don't mind helping people at all, that's not what I'm saying. I do mind supporting people that don't WANT to support themselves. I'm guessing that if the law read such that you have to have a job, and support yourself to vote, the election would have a much different out come.

You have been drinking the Steve kool aid again G Flip - Me like it

flipper
10-30-2008, 12:14 PM
You have been drinking the Steve kool aid again G Flip - Me like it

Just speakin' the truth:D

Skipper
10-31-2008, 08:34 AM
Why can't everyone see the danger?

Don
10-31-2008, 08:37 AM
You're right sorry...McCain......whom we refer to as McStupid. Disrespectful? Give me a break. I noticed you didn't include George W. Bush. You respect him? The guy that declared war on the persons that didn't attack the American World Trade Center, and drove this country into bankruptcy doing it, killing more than 4000 American solders, and countless innocent Iraq's? All the while ignoring US, tax paying, victims of hurricane Katrina, who are still waiting for that promised relief. That One? A Commander in Chief gets my respect when he earns respect.

Who is McCann?

Calling any president, Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, Gerald Ford... calling any of them dumb is disrespectful to the office of the president. You should be ashamed of yourself for throwing words like this at the office of President. If Obama is elected I will still respect the office of the president. I may not like it as I despised Clinton and his lying before congress repeatedly but I still knew he was our commander in chief and I respected him.

Have a Nice Day

Moderator2
10-31-2008, 08:44 AM
PM sent to you Don...

To all others-
If this thread cannot continue without certain comments directed towards other users then it will go bye-bye.

mrprostar
10-31-2008, 09:24 AM
Serious question for you, Don: What would do after 9/11? Say you are the president and someone has just attacked the country directly. You know who is putting the money up for it. You know who has said they hate America and wants to destroy it. You can look at history and see that Saddam is following the same personal and political path as Hitler and others. Meanwhile you keep in mind that the US has been attacked numerous times in the same way with no response and you know it is going to keep getting worse until someone does something. The people of the country are furious that this could happen and want the government to do something about it. Put yourself in his shoes in this situation and tell me what you would have done. You do NOT have the ability to look into the future. Just pretend its September 12, 2001. What do you do?

Skipper
10-31-2008, 09:31 AM
...The guy that declared war on the persons that didn't attack the American World Trade Center, and drove this country into bankruptcy doing it, killing more than 4000 American solders, and countless innocent Iraq's? ...

For those of you that haven't been there...it is usually the "innocent Iraqi's that are killing the American soldiers.

Just thought I would clear that up. ;)

jmac197
10-31-2008, 09:46 AM
When WWIII Started

This is not very long, but very informative You have to read the
catalogue of events in this brief piece. Then, ask yourself how anyone can
take the position that all we have to do is bring our troops home from Iraq,
sit back, reset the snooze alarm, go back to sleep, and no one will ever
bother us again. In case you missed it, World War III began in November
1979... that alarm has been ringing for years

US Navy Captain Ouimette is the Executive Officer at Naval Air
Station, Pensacola, Florida. Here is a copy of the speech he gave last
month. It is an accurate account of why we are in so much trouble today and
why this action is so necessary.

AMERICA NEEDS TO WAKE UP!

That's what we think we heard on the 11th of September 2001 (When more
than 3,000 Americans were killed -AD) and maybe it was, but I think it
should have been "Get Out of Bed!" In fact, I think the alarm clock has been
buzzing since 1979 and we have continued to hit the snooze button and roll
over for a few more minutes of peaceful sleep since then.

It was a cool fall day in November 1979 in a country going through a
religious and political upheaval when a group of Iranian students attacked
and seized the American Embassy in Tehran. This seizure was an outright
attack on American soil; it was an attack that held the world's most
powerful country hostage and paralyzed a Presidency. The attack on this
sovereign U. S. embassy set the stage for events to follow for the next 25
years.

America was still reeling from the aftermath of the Vietnam experience
and had a serious threat from the Soviet Union when then, President Carter,
had to do something. He chose to conduct a clandestine raid in the desert.
The ill-fated mission ended in ruin, but stood as a symbol of America's
inability to deal with terrorism.

America's military had been decimated and down sized/right sized since
the end of the Vietnam War. A poorly trained, poorly equipped and poorly
organized military was called on to execute a complex mission that was
doomed from the start.

Shortly after the Tehran experience, Americans began to be kidnapped
and killed throughout the Middle East. America could do little to protect
her citizens living and working abroad. The attacks against US soil
continued.

In April of 1983 a large vehicle packed with high explosives was
driven into the US Embassy compound in Beirut When it explodes, it kills 63
people.
The alarm went off again and America hit the Snooze Button once more.

Then just six short months later in 1983 a large truck heavily laden
down with over 2500 pounds of TNT smashed through the main gate of the US
Marine Corps headquarters in Beirut and 241 US servicemen are killed.
America mourns her dead and hit the Snooze Button once more.

Two months later in December 1983, another truck loaded with
explosives is driven into the US Embassy in Kuwait, and America continues
her slumber.

The following year, in September 1984, another van was driven into the
gate of the US Embassy in Beirut and America slept.

Soon the terrorism spreads to Europe. In April 1985 a bomb explodes in
a restaurant frequented by US soldiers in Madrid.

Then in August 1985 a Volkswagen loaded with explosives is driven into
the main gate of the US Air Force Base at Rhein-Main, 22 are killed and the
snooze alarm is buzzing louder and louder as US interests are continually
attacked.

Fifty-nine days later in 1985 a cruise ship, the Achille Lauro is
hijacked and we watched as an American in a wheelchair is singled out of the
passenger list and executed.

The terrorists then shift their tactics to bombing civilian airliners
when they bomb TWA Flight 840 in April of 1986 that killed 4 and the most
tragic bombing, Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland in1988, killing

Clinton treated these terrorist acts as crimes; in fact we are still
trying to bring these people to trial. These are acts of war.

The wake up alarm is getting louder and louder.

The terrorists decide to bring the fight to America. In January 1993,
two CIA agents are shot and killed as they enter CIA headquarters in
Langley, Virginia.

The following month, February 1993, a group of terrorists are arrested
after a rented van packed with explosives is driven into the underground
parking garage of the World Trade Center in New York City. Six people are
killed and over 1000 are injured. Still this is a crime and not an act of
war? The Snooze alarm is depressed again.

Then in November 1995 a car bomb explodes at a US military complex in
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia killing seven service men and women.

A few months later in June of 1996, another truck bomb explodes only
yards from the US military compound in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. It destroys
the Khobar Towers, a US Air Force barracks, killing

19 and injuring over 500. The terrorists are getting braver and smarter as
they see that America does not respond decisively.

They move to coordinate their attacks in a simultaneous attack on two
US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania.. These attacks were planned with
precision. They kill 224. America responds with cruise missile attacks and
goes back to sleep

The USS Cole was docked in the port of Aden, Yemen for refueling on 12
October 2000, when a small craft pulled along side the ship and exploded
killing 17 US Navy Sailors. Attacking a US War Ship is an act of war, but we
sent the FBI to investigate the crime and went back to sleep.

And of course you know the events of 11 September 2001. Most Americans
think this was the first attack against US soil or in America. How wrong
they are. America has been under a constant attack since 1979 and we chose
to hit the snooze alarm and roll over and go back to sleep.

In the news lately we have seen lots of finger pointing from every
high officials in government over what they knew and what they didn't know.
But if you've read the papers and paid a little attention I think you can
see exactly what they knew. You don't have to be in the FBI or CIA or on the
National Security Council to see the pattern that has been developing since

I think we have been in a war for the past 25 years and it will
continue until we as a people decide enough is enough. America needs to "Get
out of Bed" and act decisively now. America has been changed forever.. We
have to be ready to pay the price and make the sacrifice to ensure our way
of life continues. We cannot afford to keep hitting the snooze button again
and again and roll over and go back to sleep.

After the attack on Pearl Harbor, Admiral Yamamoto said "... it seems
all we have done is awakened a sleeping giant." This is the message we need
to disseminate to terrorists around the world.

This is not a political thing to be hashed over in an election year
this is an AMERICAN thing. This is about our Freedom and the Freedom of our
children in years to come.

If you believe in this please forward it to as many people as you can
especially to the young people and all those who dozed off in history class
and who seem so quick to protest such a necessary military action. If you
don't believe it, just delete it and go back to sleep

duckguy
10-31-2008, 10:13 AM
I agree with Don, but my guns are in my bed with me and the thought of some stinkin homos getting married just makes me sick, so I think I will stick with blindly taking the shaft because my jesus would like it.

mdskier
10-31-2008, 11:07 AM
The problem with criticizing from our living rooms is that we don't have all of the data that our leaders have. And for good reason I think.

I was watching a history channel show on LBJ and it showed how the Vietnam war affected him personally and how it affected his presidency. In watching the coverage/comments about the Vietnam war, I couldn't help but think that we should learn the lessons of history and pull out sooner rather than later in Iraq.

Today, I came across this article -
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121253706422142819.html?mod=opinion_main_comment aries
and it changed my mind.

Maristar210
10-31-2008, 11:08 AM
You're right sorry...McCain......whom we refer to as McStupid. Disrespectful? Give me a break. I noticed you didn't include George W. Bush. You respect him? The guy that declared war on the persons that didn't attack the American World Trade Center, and drove this country into bankruptcy doing it, killing more than 4000 American solders, and countless innocent Iraq's? All the while ignoring US, tax paying, victims of hurricane Katrina, who are still waiting for that promised relief. That One? A Commander in Chief gets my respect when he earns respect.

This is truly sad to read. I am sorry you feel that way, I really am. You are so misinformed it is scary. To think that you believe what you wrote is terrible and you, again, should be ashamed of yourself.

jmac197
10-31-2008, 12:08 PM

Don,

Please give us an example of what the president could do to earn your respect.

Don
10-31-2008, 12:12 PM
Yeah I'm so ashamed.....I want to vote for the pig that picked-up his wife in a bar, while he was still married to his ex-wife I might add. Picks a unknown chick from Alaska to run for the second highest office in the country. Yeah I'm misinformed.

He calls himself a war hero....you know...you saw the movie 13 Days. I was there. A sonarman in 1962 who detected the traffic in and out of Cuba. On one of 4 Destroyer escort for the Carrier which he was a pilot. Not one plane launched off that Carrier. The pilots on board were sitting in lawn chairs on the flight deck waiting orders. War hero my azz.

Yeah, I'm misinformed, and ashamed, But I'm Not a member of the herd of sheep being lead down the path. :(

JimN
10-31-2008, 12:28 PM

First of all, name calling is BS, from any side.

Bush couldn't have gone to war on his own, period. No Martial Law, no gunslinger POTUS. Congress voted to go, based on bad intelligence. In case you didn't notice, the Muslim extremists killed most of the troops, not our own people, although there were some accidents. The Muslim extremists also took down the Twin Towers, attempted to do it before and have been responsible for ALL of the recent terrorist attacks around the world, whether you want to see that, or not. Hussein wasn't the main goal and I wouldn't be surprised if Rumsfeld had a lot to do with getting W all gung-ho to go after him, but if Congress didn't want to go into Iraq, they shouldn't have voted for it. Remember- WMD's don't have to be nuclear.

Keep the "victims" of Katrina out of the blame for Bush. If the people who have lived in a hurricane zone can't realize that just about everything will be lost when a bad one comes and don't have a plan for that event, it's not up to the Federal government to fix everything. Nagin had no clue, the state of Louisiana had no plan and when Nagin pulled out the race card, he should have been removed as Mayor. The dirtbags in that area were shooting at the aid workers. *** would make them worth saving?

If a state has an emergency, that state's National Guard can go in to keep order and get things going, but when you have that many lazy & stupid politicians sitting on their azzes, complaining that FEMA hasn't done enough to save them, they can KMA, because the rest of the country ended up paying for it. I never see people in Iowa looting and shooting at aid workers, and they have flooding just about every year. One dofference is that NOLA is BELOW FREAKING SEA LEVEL! Even prehistoric people knew enough to build on high ground, but not down there. That would make too much sense.

FEMA screwed the pooch in how they held onto a lot of the supplies and for that, they need to be held responsible but when a Mayor says that he wants NOLA to be a Chocolate City, blames everyone under the sun and takes none of that blame, he's an idiot. Still, they re-elected him. Says a bit about the average resident who stayed, which IIRC amounts to roughly 25% of the original population.

If you park your car on the street and it keeps being stolen and broken into, at some point a light will go on in your head (hopefully) and you'll move it. If not, you'll just continue to blame the police instead of seeing that PEOPLE CAN'T STOP DOING STUPID THINGS.

ttu
10-31-2008, 12:28 PM
Yeah I'm so ashamed.....I want to vote for the pig that picked-up his wife in a bar, while he was still married to his ex-wife I might add. Picks a unknown chick from Alaska to run for the second highest office in the country. Yeah I'm misinformed.

He calls himself a war hero....you know...you saw the movie 13 Days. I was there. A sonarman in 1962 who detected the traffic in and out of Cuba. On one of 4 Destroyer escort for the Carrier which he was a pilot. Not one plane launched off that Carrier. The pilots on board were sitting in lawn chairs on the flight deck waiting orders. War hero my azz.

Yeah, I'm misinformed, and ashamed, But I'm Not a member of the herd of sheep being lead down the path. :(

don, what has obama done:confused:

he has been known to hang with shaddy people, very little international experience and has changed his tax plan somthing like 5 times since he deceided to run for president.

jmac197
10-31-2008, 12:30 PM
don, what has obama done:confused:

he has been known to hang with shaddy people, very little international experience and has changed his tax plan somthing like 5 times since he deceided to run for president.

And he inhaled....deeply! (By his own admittance......)

Don
10-31-2008, 12:33 PM
Jim...nicely put and better approach, Thank you. Respect....well in, SHORT, I would begin with a diplomatic approach in the world. We are viewed as terrorists ourselves, to even some of our friends/allies in the world. Intellectual respect.....enough to know when it is time to listen to, and surround him/herself with experts. We need a new face to show the world we are not just bullies imposing our values and beliefs. I could go on.....short is better for now. We'll see on the 4th what we'll think.

PS:(I see Delta Waterski. We were members of the Berkeley Water Ski Club for 24 yrs.)

Maristar210
10-31-2008, 12:39 PM
Jim...nicely put and better approach, Thank you. Respect....well in, SHORT, I would begin with a diplomatic approach in the world. We are viewed as terrorists ourselves, to even some of our friends/allies in the world. Intellectual respect.....enough to know when it is time to listen to, and surround him/herself with experts. We need a new face to show the world we are not just bullies imposing our values and beliefs. I could go on.....short is better for now. We'll see on the 4th what we'll think.

PS:(I see Delta Waterski. We were members of the Berkeley Water Ski Club for 24 yrs.)

Berkeley?

Oh that explains it Don.

Carry on.

Please come back in two years to update us all on this new found ideal.
If I still have any money left after the redistribution of wealth I might offer you a pull behind my boat.

mdskier
10-31-2008, 12:56 PM
This is an interesting perspective:
http://www.nmatv.com/video/229/1-More-B4-11-04

And this:
http://www.nmatv.com/video/190/A-Random-Rant

JimN
10-31-2008, 12:57 PM

As opposed to the President, who was getting hummers IN THE WHITE HOUSE. That's disgraceful. Kennedy was no better, in that respect. Unknown chick- hmmm, second-term Governor, IIRC and although Wasilla is small, she was still the Mayor.

IIRC, he was shot down over Viet Nam and held in a prison camp. I don't remember hearing that anyone considered him to be a hero during the Cuban Missile Crisis. You would rather the pilots had just gone on missions of their own, without orders? What would you have had them do? Try to stay on point.

Obama has flip-flopped on many things and I actually liked what he was saying in the beginning of his campaign, but when he started changing his goals, plans and methods, he started to look awfully dangerous. As a "Community Organizer", he helped with voter registration and training some of the people in Acorn- by itself, a fine task. However, his duties as someone who was in charge of doling out money that was to be used for specific projects were hardly impressive. His personal associations with people and groups that are polar opposites from the Federalist Republic system we used to have, before a few past Presidents and members of Congress started to give the place away really worry me. Rather than just give money to people who don't have much, he should have been trying to get them to help themselves, with assistance from local and state-run programs. People who have been given too much have no incentive to do things for themselves.

His idea that "change doesn't come from Washington, it comes TO Washington" is great, but the changes he wants to shove down our throats aren't what this country needs. The people who don't want to work will still not work, the kids who don't want to stay in school won't graduate, and the people who want to be criminals will continue to be. Giving amnesty to illegals is a great way to gain voters for that person or party but they will not be as much of a benefit to the country as some say.

The people who have defaulted on there loans should have had the brains to know that they couldn't afford what they were buying and the people writing the loans should have had a bit of integrity, which brings us to the crux of the problem- greed, hubris and not wanting to see things objectively are what brought us to where we are, now. Everyone wants more and they no longer care where it comes from. People used to be proud of what they worked so hard for and now, they just want more. Corporate greed is even worse and when Congress puts their knee pads on, it's time to vote them out.

jmac197
10-31-2008, 12:59 PM

Don,

I see your point and agree, however there are times that you cannot reason with people and the only way they are going to cease executing what the world considers crimes against humanity is by physical force. They are incredible egomaniacs who believe that they are a direct descendant to the patriarchs and therefore are entitled to worship. Saddam H went so far as to put his initials all over ancient relics to ensure they did not overshadow his greatness. He considered himself a chosen one. There is no reasoning with persons of this ilk.

Slinkyredfoot
10-31-2008, 01:05 PM

With the words I our Moderator here I will keep many of my thoughts to myself regarding this. However, I thought Congress had to declare war, not the president, and wasn't it Congress who all pretty much voted along with Bush on the Iraqi War issue?
So many of us forget what our general mood as a nation was like right after 911.
We are very fickle Americans

jmac197
10-31-2008, 01:40 PM
With the words I our Moderator here I will keep many of my thoughts to myself regarding this. However, I thought Congress had to declare war, not the president, and wasn't it Congress who all pretty much voted along with Bush on the Iraqi War issue?
So many of us forget what our general mood as a nation was like right after 911.
We are very fickle Americans

Fickle and VERY VERY VERY forgetful. These politicians count on the fact that the memory of the general public does not reach past the next crisis. Not to mention the fact that the attention span is even shorter.

JimN
10-31-2008, 01:44 PM
They count on the attention span of the general public to be what TV has made it. People are constantly looking for the next "clip" or "sound bite" and it's always guaranteed that a new one will replace the previous ones.

Without searching for it, who was the main obsession of the country immediately prior to 9-11?

Edited to change 'what' to 'who'.

jmac197
10-31-2008, 01:51 PM
They count on the attention span of the general public to be what TV has made it. People are constantly looking for the next "clip" or "sound bite" and it's always guaranteed that a new one will replace the previous ones.

Without searching for it, what was the main obsession of the country immediately prior to 9-11?

I do know but want to see what comes out.

Monte
10-31-2008, 02:13 PM
I do know but want to see what comes out.

So do I:rolleyes:

Maristar210
10-31-2008, 02:18 PM

Without searching for it, what was the main obsession of the country immediately prior to 9-11?

Legalizing pot at Berkeley?

JimN
10-31-2008, 02:25 PM
I edited the question, from 'what' to 'who'.

Basically, I want to know if anyone remembers the person who left the radar screen on 9-11.

I'm not looking for a show of hands, either.

RexDog1
10-31-2008, 02:29 PM
Legalizing pot at Berkeley?

Pot is legal in California :D:rolleyes::rolleyes::cool:

wakeX2wake
10-31-2008, 02:47 PM
the signs the homeless guy in Bruce Almighty was holding up are perfect for some of this conversation... "R EWE BLIND?"... will you see what the left will do to us if they win this election?... "ARMAGEDON OUTA HERE" if Obama wins the election... b/c "LIFE IS JUST" and it will truly be "ALL FOR WON" when Obama take office and says "THY KINGDUMB COME"... i will calmly take a seat and say "GOD BEE GOOD HONEY"

3event
10-31-2008, 02:57 PM
JimN, wasn't it the Chandra Levy story with Senator whatshisname? Did that family ever get closure?

Jesus_Freak
10-31-2008, 03:41 PM
Don,

I see your point and agree, however there are times that you cannot reason with people and the only way they are going to cease executing what the world considers crimes against humanity is by physical force. They are incredible egomaniacs who believe that they are a direct descendant to the patriarchs and therefore are entitled to worship. Saddam H went so far as to put his initials all over ancient relics to ensure they did not overshadow his greatness. He considered himself a chosen one. There is no reasoning with persons of this ilk.

Agreed. I simply love it when someone begins talking about diplomacy. Of course that is the first choice, but do you think diplomacy is going to work with an organization that spends countless hours and dollars trying to calculate with great precision how it can blow its members to ash and be rewarded eternally for it? What is their incentive to discuss logical outcomes and compromise?

Upper Michigan Prostar190
10-31-2008, 04:20 PM
this thread is going to get political quick.

RexDog1
10-31-2008, 04:25 PM
this thread is going to get political quick.

There are NO Political Threads on TT:rolleyes:

Skipper
10-31-2008, 05:19 PM
For those who have forgotten, John McCain was a pilot who flew combat sorties over Vietnam. His first purple heart was awarded from wounds he received on the deck of an aircraft carrier in an explosion. Later, he was shot out of the sky in his fast mover. He was captured, beaten, and tortured in a prison camp in Hanoi. He kept the faith with his fellow comrades, and survived. In my book, he is a war hero.

Little side note here: The American fighting men were doing a great job of whooping charlies azz UNTIL the politicians back in Washington took the theater command level decision making power away from the military leaders.

Skipper
10-31-2008, 05:22 PM
And one more thing...The People's Republic of California, whose capital province is Berkeley, is full of nuts and raisins. :dance:

TMCNo1
10-31-2008, 05:26 PM
There are NO Political Threads on TT:rolleyes:

Right, it's all porn and drugs!

Don
10-31-2008, 05:26 PM
So now you've got a problem with Berkeley? :o Pot doesn't take lives.

I'll take you up on that ride........I willing to bet your net worth will be more in two years than today.

Berkeley?

Oh that explains it Don.

Carry on.

Please come back in two years to update us all on this new found ideal.
If I still have any money left after the redistribution of wealth I might offer you a pull behind my boat.

Sodar
10-31-2008, 05:27 PM
And one more thing...The People's Republic of California, whose capital province is Berkeley, is full of nuts and raisins. :dance:

I resent that statement.

California is full of wackos... no doubt about it, but there are also good, conservative folks here who believe in what you have said here, today.

Skipper
10-31-2008, 05:37 PM
I resent that statement.

California is full of wackos... no doubt about it, but there are also good, conservative folks here who believe in what you have said here, today.

You got me. See, that just proves that it is wrong, (for anybody), to use all inclusive language, when describing people. It is not true that all people who live in The People's Republic of California are "wackos", or even to focus on one province, Berkeley. It is more appropriate to say that "many" or "most" of them are "wackos". Perhaps it would be safe to say there are "a lot of fruits and nuts" centralized in that region.

Please accept my humble apology. And, I am glad you aren't one of "them". :D

Don
10-31-2008, 05:47 PM
You obviously missed that part is the last debate when McCain boasted about it. Pathetic attempt over service to country. Allot of us have military service, including me. 4 years active duty, 6 yrs active reserves, helped me with a college education......doesn't qualify me to run for president, vp, or sheriff.

IIRC, he was shot down over Viet Nam and held in a prison camp. I don't remember hearing that anyone considered him to be a hero during the Cuban Missile Crisis. You would rather the pilots had just gone on missions of their own, without orders? What would you have had them do? Try to stay on point.

Skipper
10-31-2008, 05:52 PM
So now you've got a problem with Berkeley? :o Pot doesn't take lives...

I would submit that pot does take lives. It costs many people their lives both directly and indirectly from persons under the influence of marijuana who crash their cars into other cars, carrying fathers, mothers, and children and causing serious physical injury or death to them. It costs families their livelyhood because potheads are consumed by their constant desire to get high at all costs. It costs individuals their future because it fries their brain and destroys their ambition. And for many, marijuana is just their first step into drug abuse which may eventually cost them their lives in an overdose. All the medical problems associated with drug use and the injuries with it, cost every taxpayer in this country. It also effects insurance costs, over taxes the medical services, and pretty much is dragging our country down. :mad:

You gonna blame Bush for that one too? :friday:

Skipper
10-31-2008, 06:00 PM
You obviously missed that part is the last debate when McCain boasted about it. Pathetic attempt over service to country. Allot of us have military service, including me. 4 years active duty, 6 yrs active reserves, helped me with a college education......doesn't qualify me to run for president, vp, or sheriff.

It has been my experience in twelve years with the military, to include three combat tours, that not all soldiers are true warriors. Some of them joined for the college money with no thought of service to their country. Some of them thought they would never have to fight. They are probably Osama supporters.

Fortunately, there are some warriors out there who are fighting for our country. John McCain is a warrior.

Don
10-31-2008, 06:24 PM
Can't argue with that. He is a warrior, a maverick....and don't doubt you are a warrior....commend you for your service as a soldier, but don't for a minute accuse me of lack of service or using military service for college. I'm every bit a service veteran as anyone in this country, including you Skippy. I have been under fire. That warrior crap doesn't fly

It has been my experience in twelve years with the military, to include three combat tours, that not all soldiers are true warriors. Some of them joined for the college money with no thought of service to their country. Some of them thought they would never have to fight. They are probably Osama supporters.

Fortunately, there are some warriors out there who are fighting for our country. John McCain is a warrior.

Skipper
10-31-2008, 10:17 PM
Can't argue with that. He is a warrior, a maverick....and don't doubt you are a warrior....commend you for your service as a soldier, but don't for a minute accuse me of lack of service or using military service for college. I'm every bit a service veteran as anyone in this country, including you Skippy. I have been under fire. That warrior crap doesn't fly

Skippy. Like the peanut butter? :confused:

Really not accusing you of anything. Merely stating an observation. ;)

So, just out of curiosity...what do you think about Jane Fonda? :D

Skipper
10-31-2008, 10:22 PM
By the way, I really despise Jane Fonda. She was just a pioneer for the Hollywood goof balls of our day. Is she a Berkeley alumni? I bet she likes pot.

She probably supports Osama too.

Anybody else notice a trend about Osama supporters?

JimN
10-31-2008, 10:24 PM
"Some of them joined for the college money with no thought of service to their country. Some of them thought they would never have to fight."

I was amazed by the number of "soldiers" who said exactly this when they were interviewed during the first Gulf War. AFAIK, if someone joins the military, they should know that it's a possibility. The US hasn't had a single generation without a war since the Revolution.

JimN
10-31-2008, 10:25 PM
By the way, I really despise Jane Fonda. She was just a pioneer for the Hollywood goof balls of our day. Is she a Berkeley alumni? I bet she likes pot.

She probably supports Osama too.

Anybody else notice a trend about Osama supporters?

Yeah, but she looked great in Barbarella.

Sorry, but she did. That's the only good thing I have to say about her, though.

bbymgr
10-31-2008, 10:57 PM
"Some of them joined for the college money with no thought of service to their country. Some of them thought they would never have to fight."

I was amazed by the number of "soldiers" who said exactly this when they were interviewed during the first Gulf War. AFAIK, if someone joins the military, they should know that it's a possibility. The US hasn't had a single generation without a war since the Revolution.

Jim,

You should hear some of the lines the recruiters use on the young kids just to get them to sign. "With today's technology, Infantry Units aren't hardly used anymore." That line wasn't used on me, but I heard it used on an 18 year old kid in 1991. Not all recruiters are bad, but a lot of them are like the "Used Car Salesmen" of the Military.

JimN
11-01-2008, 08:38 AM
Well, this is interesting:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081101/ap_on_el_pr/obama_aunt

TMCNo1
11-01-2008, 09:02 AM

Who do I support?
I support and protect my boys!

JimN
11-01-2008, 09:18 AM
Seeing that cup, it's easy to see where they got the idea for C3PO's face, in Star Wars. Gold plate it- there ya go.

Don
11-01-2008, 09:20 AM
Skippy, Jimmy.....you have no idea what you're talking about, you were in diapers when I was in the military....implying I was ROTC brat and showing your ignorance regarding Californians. I did not attend the University of Berkeley. Berkeley is an town in northern California that happens to have one of the oldest waterski clubs in the country.....really sorry I mentioned it. You are obviously not here to talk waterski. Did not collect a dime from Uncle Sam for education. I spent my reserve time at the Oakland Navy Air Station in a helicopter picking tender azzez like your's out of the water, and that was after 4yrs active service aboard a couple Naval Destroyers. Direct your Fonda comments, and meaningless dribble some where else.

Don
11-01-2008, 09:54 AM
still about black and white ........ah.........boys and girls :o

Rant all you want, get over it, because come January, we're not going to have an over the hill war veteran and a bimbo from Alaska in the White House.

bbymgr
11-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Skippy, Jimmy.....you have no idea what you're talking about, you were in diapers when I was in the military....implying I was ROTC brat and showing your ignorance regarding Californians. I did not attend the University of Berkeley. Berkeley is an town in northern California that happens to have one of the oldest waterski clubs in the country.....really sorry I mentioned it. You are obviously not here to talk waterski. Did not collect a dime from Uncle Sam for education. I spent my reserve time at the Oakland Navy Air Station in a helicopter picking tender azzez like your's out of the water, and that was after 4yrs active service aboard a couple Naval Destroyers. Direct your Fonda comments, and meaningless dribble some where else.

It's so obvious you are trying to start a pi$$ing contest. I guess your "extensive" military career failed to teach you any tactics.

I bet my dad can kick your dad's a$$.

There you go. Does that make you feel better.

Sodar
11-01-2008, 10:06 AM
It's so obvious you are trying to start a pi$$ing contest. I guess your "extensive" military career failed to teach you any tactics.

I bet my dad can kick your dad's a$$.

There you go. Does that make you feel better.

We all know where pissing match threads end up!. Better watch yourselves before the super mod gets wind of Chad #2 (Don).

Don, you are entitled to your opinion, but let it be known that you are not the first socialist crusader to voice your opinion on a very conservative site. Typically, these crusader missions do not end up well... keeping on gloating, you are going to piss a lot of people off. :o

TMCNo1
11-01-2008, 10:19 AM
I just knew it,

92 190 PS
11-01-2008, 10:36 AM
still about black and white ........ah.........boys and girls :o

Rant all you want, get over it, because come January, we're not going to have an over the hill war veteran and a bimbo from Alaska in the White House.

It’s not over yet there Don and guess the old military didn't teach you not to declare victory before you were sure you'd won the war.

And while we still may have the "not so ready socialist" and his side kick who 6 months ago was pointing out how "not so ready" Obama was, we can all rest assured that this great country will go on. Go on with higher taxes, a lesser health care system, more poor lazy welfare collecting liberals looking for handouts from the new bigger government (couple trillion $'s worth of bigger government) and less successful wealthy folks who get tired of working their butts off only to give a larger portion of they hard earned money to those lazy liberals.

Don't take me wrong, I'm all for sharing the wealth with those less fortunate, but I sure as heck don't need big government to tell me how and when to do so....That is what makes this country so great. We are the most giving society in the world and for some odd reason most people do it on their own and big government just gets in the way....

This country will come back in 2 years and especially in 4 years and be more conservative/capitalistic than ever. It always does...

God willing..

JimN
11-01-2008, 10:40 AM

If you're referring to me, I'm 51, so unless you're in your late 60s, I don't think I was in diapers.

Don
11-01-2008, 10:41 AM
So as long as I follow the crowd here, Pro-McCain, Pro-MasterCraft, I'm welcome. You don't want to hear anything else? No mission here. My understanding it was an open forum. Sorry if I pissed any one off. lets just call it Pro-What-ever-You Believe. Don't bother your Mommy/Mod. I'm sure your as welcoming of outsiders at your ski site. I'm out of here. :D

We all know where pissing match threads end up!. Better watch yourselves before the super mod gets wind of Chad #2 (Don).

Don, you are entitled to your opinion, but let it be known that you are not the first socialist crusader to voice your opinion on a very conservative site. Typically, these crusader missions do not end up well... keeping on gloating, you are going to piss a lot of people off. :o

JimN
11-01-2008, 10:47 AM
So as long as I follow the crowd here, Pro-McCain, Pro-MasterCraft, I'm welcome. You don't want to hear anything else? No mission here. My understanding it was an open forum. Sorry if I pissed any one off. lets just call it Pro-What-ever-You Believe. Don't bother your Mommy/Mod. I'm sure your as welcoming of outsiders at your ski site. I'm out of here. :D

If you want to talk about water skiing, this is not the thread for it, which should be obvious by reading the title and the name of the folder. Off Topic is anything other than skiing and boats. Stay for the on-topic threads and pick the off topic ones you want to be involved in. No need to leave but there are many ways to get a point across without people getting pissed off. One involves re-reading what was written hastily as a reaction to someone else's post and that applies to everyone.

PendO
11-01-2008, 10:48 AM

Hey, can you say hi to Gene for me?

Jim@BAWS
11-01-2008, 10:49 AM
THIS JUST IN FROM CNN (PMSMSNBC) and ABC

Republicans vote Tues...DEMOCRATS VOTE WED.

PLEASE BE ADVISED !!! TAKE NOTE !!! MARK YOUR CALENDER !!!

Jim@BAWS

coz
11-01-2008, 10:57 AM
http://ak.webfetti.com/assets/3dani/1/77.gif
http://ak.webfetti.com/assets/3dani/1/420.gif

Don
11-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Think again, you may still learn......67

If you're referring to me, I'm 51, so unless you're in your late 60s, I don't think I was in diapers.

PendO
11-01-2008, 11:06 AM

SAY HI TO GENE!

Skipper
11-01-2008, 11:19 AM

That's what this mess reminds me of... Chad. Bad memories.

Well, one thing I have learned from experience ..."be careful of what you wish for". Some time down the road all of these folks that perceive Osama as their "messiah" and are so bitter toward our current administration will get just what they wished for. Of course, this with the help of corruption in voting like Acorn, help from some dilusional Hollywood types, and a lot of help from the liberal media.

Yeah, they will have the last laugh then, wont they.

Skipper
11-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Skippy, Jimmy.....you have no idea what you're talking about, you were in diapers when I was in the military....

Skippy, that's so cute. The confused liberal guy calls me "Skippy".

So I was doing the math, if this guy is 67 years old now...and I got at least six years left in the military...then, I'll be in the military when he is in diapers!

Now that's funny, I don't care who you vote for...still funny.

PendO
11-01-2008, 11:34 AM
man, back in the day the original mod1 woulda' put a flame thrower to this thread ... what a bunch of weaksticks:)

JimN
11-01-2008, 11:38 AM

First, you know nothing about me, so don't assume. Second, neither of us filled out the personal info in our profiles, so neither had any reason to assume anything about the others' age. If you were in the military at 16, you must have lied on your application and I was done with diapers by 2. The fact that you were in the military when I may have been in diapers means absolutely nothing, other than that fact. I thank you for your service but I have to wonder why you didn't use the education benefit.

What is it that I may still learn? About how the world works? Politics? About California? I have a lot of family out there and have spent a lot of time out there. I also never made any comments about it.

Don
11-01-2008, 11:43 AM
What is it that I may still learn? About how the world works? Politics? About California? I have a lot of family out there and have spent a lot of time out there. I also never made any comments about it.

I was 18, you were 2 in diapers

Ponder the following:

What if the Obamas had paraded five children across the stage, including
a three month old infant and an unwed, pregnant teenage daughter?

What if John McCain was a former president of the Harvard Law Review?
What if Barack Obama finished fifth from the bottom of his graduating
class?

What if McCain had only married once, and Obama was a divorcee?

What if Obama was the candidate who left his first wife after a severe
disfiguring car accident, when she no longer measured up to his
standards?

What if Obama had met his second wife in a bar and had a long affair
while he was still married?

What if Michelle Obama was the wife who not only became addicted to pain
killers but also acquired them illegally through her charitable
organization?

What if Cindy McCain graduated from Harvard?

What if Obama had been a member of the Keating Five? (The Keating Five
were five United States Senators accused of corruption in 1989, igniting
a major political scandal as part of the larger Savings and Loan crisis
of the late 1980s and early 1990s.)

What if McCain was a charismatic, eloquent speaker?

What if Obama couldn't read from a teleprompter?

What if Obama was the one who had military experience that included
discipline problems and a record of crashing seven planes?

What if Obama was the one who was known to display publicly, on many
occasions, a serious anger management problem?

What if Michelle Obama's family had made their money from beer
distribution?

What if the Obamas had adopted a white child?

You could easily add to this list. If these questions reflected reality,
do you really believe the election numbers would be as close as they
are?

This is what racism does. It covers up, rationa lizes and minimizes
positive qualities in one candidate and emphasizes negative qualities in
another when there is a color difference.

Educational Background:

Barack Obama:
Columbia University - B.A. Political Science with a Specialization in
International Relations.
Harvard - Juris Doctor (J.D.) Magna Cum Laude

Joseph Biden:
University of Delaware - B.A. in History and B.A. in Political Science.
Syracuse University College of Law - Juris Doctor (J.D.)

vs.

John McCain:
United States Naval Academy - Class rank: 894 of 899

Sarah Palin:
Hawaii Pacific University - 1 semester
North Idaho College - 2 semesters - general study University of Idaho -
2 semesters - journalism Matanuska-Susitna College - 1 semester
University of Idaho - 3 semesters - B.A. in Journalism

Education isn't everything, but this is about the two highest offices in
the land as well as our standing in the world. You make the call.

coz
11-01-2008, 11:55 AM

Ponder the following:

unwed, pregnant teenage daughter?

I think these were in one of those spam threads 8p

bigmac
11-01-2008, 12:04 PM
"My attitude is that if the economy's good for folks from the bottom up, it's gonna be good for everybody ... I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody." - Barack Obama

"From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his needs." - Karl Marx

Obama will probably win the election, but I suspect his philosophy will set the stage for Mike Huckabee's election in 2012.

Skipper
11-01-2008, 12:08 PM
....Education isn't everything, but this is about the two highest offices in

Whatever, McCain never wore a man dress! And he cannot recite the muslim call to prayer like that other guy. Plenty of good in McCain. Be too bad if he doesn't get elected. But, things have a way of working themselves out in the end.

You don't wear a dress do you?

Don
11-01-2008, 12:15 PM
Great response there Skippy...."whatever"..... No disputing your level of intelligence. :D

Whatever, McCain never wore a man dress! And he cannot recite the muslim call to prayer like that other guy. Plenty of good in McCain. Be too bad if he doesn't get elected. But, things have a way of working themselves out in the end.

You don't wear a dress do you?

coz
11-01-2008, 12:20 PM
http://media.bigoo.ws/content/gif/peoples/peoples_72.gif

JimN
11-01-2008, 01:27 PM
"I was 18, you were 2 in diapers"

You obviously missed the point. It only means that you're older than me. Our life experiences are different, so we have different opinions and thoughts. We weren't raised the same, although our parents may have been about the same age. The fact that we don't agree really doesn't matter. What does matter is how we communicate, and you came out swinging. There's no reason for that.

"Ponder the following:

"What if the Obamas had paraded five children across the stage, including
a three month old infant and an unwed, pregnant teenage daughter?"

Seeing how he doesn't want his kids to be "punished with a child", I doubt she would have been preggers when they went on the campaign trail.

class?

Show one article Obama wrote. None have been released and so far, I haven't seen anyone from Harvard who has come out, saying that he was an outstanding student. His records are not open to public scrutiny. Also, when there are ~5700 applicants and 500 openings at Harvard, how did he get in when he has never claimed to be a particularly great student prior to that? He spent a lot of his teen years drinking and using drugs, by his own admission. While it was common at the time, it does keep one's mind away from their studies.

"What if McCain had only married once, and Obama was a divorcee?"

With 51% divorcing, how is this relevant? She thought she was doing the right thing by not telling him that she was crippled and disfigured and he apparently didn't agree. Personally, if I was married to someone in her position, I would want them to let me share their burden. That's part of being married.

"What if Obama was the candidate who left his first wife after a severe
standards?"

Do you know, as fact, whether she was or wasn't completely intolerable after he came back? I haven't seen it, one way or another, but that is a possibility.

"What if Obama had met his second wife in a bar and had a long affair
while he was still married?"

What's to say the he hasn't? He told the media that his wife was "hands off" and they heeled like a hunting dog.

"What if Michelle Obama was the wife who not only became addicted to pain
organization?"

John is the candidate, not Cindy. If he knew, he should be slapped, hard. Is that worse than associating with a known terrorist? I hardly think so.

"What if Cindy McCain graduated from Harvard?"

Who cares where she graduated? Again, ONE person is voted into office, not the couple. Unfortunately, one of them usually carries some kind of baggage in. The Clintons took spousal involvement to new highs, and lows. If we elect one person to office, getting two out of the deal isn't necessarily a good thing.

"What if Obama had been a member of the Keating Five? (The Keating Five
of the late 1980s and early 1990s.)"

McCain was blamed for bad judgment, not actual involvement. That crowd was bad, but I doubt any of them considered several bombings to fall into the "I wish we had done more to get our point across" category. If Obama knew about Ayers' involvement, he should have separated himself immediately if he had already considered a more extensive career in Federal government.

"What if McCain was a charismatic, eloquent speaker?"

He'd be leading by a wide margin, I suppose. If being a charismatic, eloquent speaker is all Obama brings to the office, we're all screwed. Obama isn't talking about anything new, either. This stuff has been hashed and re-hashed for decades.

"What if Obama couldn't read from a teleprompter?"

Who cares? Bush is supposed to be dyslexic, so he memorizes most of his speeches and nobody calls him intelligent. Being president doesn't mean that everything is done with a teleprompter. It's about making hard decisions and leading. Just getting people to go along with ideas isn't what a leader does- that can be a path toward destruction. There are too many people who don't have a clue about the issues and where "their" candidate stands on them but they know who they're going to vote for. That's incredibly dangerous.

"What if Obama was the one who had military experience that included
discipline problems and a record of crashing seven planes?"

Then, I suspect the media would gloss over it and he would deny as much as possible, as he has when asked about just about everything that makes him suspect. He just said that he didn't know his aunt was here illegally, yet he mentions her in his book.

"What if Obama was the one who was known to display publicly, on many
occasions, a serious anger management problem?"

I'm pretty pissed about how things are going, does that make me a bad person when I make it known? Someone can vent their anger and still be able to carry on in a sane manner. Unless they have a reputation for acting out with their anger, it means little, other than the fact that they don't keep it bottled up.

"What if Michelle Obama's family had made their money from beer
distribution?"

What if they had? It's their business. If you know who Willie Wood is (former Packer great), he has made a fortune in the same business and that allowed him to get into radio and TV stations. He goes around the country to make motivational speeches to all kinds of people. Does that mean he forced people to drink or that advocates alcohol abuse? Of course not.

The fact is, we won't know much about her family until after the election because BO told the media to lay off of her. If you want to generalize, she's from a low income family who lived in a small apartment, where her grandmother still lives. From the link: http://www.squidoo.com/michelle-obama-pictures-biography, "According to reports, Barack didn't have much interest in corporate law, but did have a lot of interest in Michelle.". She was asked to mentor him and she was an associate at the law firm. If Michelle is so concerned about poor people, she could start by getting her GM out of that area, where she still lives, with a burglar proof wrought iron door and secured windows. They have well over a million dollars from his book and I have to assume they didn't spend it all on their house, so a thousand bucks a month wouldn't kill them to make her life better.

"What if the Obamas had adopted a white child?"

Who cares? He's half white as it is. With Michelle's views, I highly doubt that could happen, though. She's a Separatist.

are?

This is what racism does. It covers up, rationalizes and minimizes

Educational Background:

Barack Obama:
International Relations.

"Joseph Biden:
Syracuse University College of Law - Juris Doctor (J.D.)"

And a self-proclaimed "lazy student". If Biden is Obama's idea of "change" in Washington, he must have been using Strom Thurmond as the comparison.

vs.

John McCain:

Sarah Palin:

You apparently forgot that Obama taught Constitutional Law for some time and that alone scares the crap out of me because I suspect that he has thought of many ways to get around some of the Amendments and Articles. He wants to make several changes to the Constitution and has said so.

Regardless of who the candidates are, we never seem to get the "best and brightest" Some have been very bright, but I can't think of any who were the best. Clinton is intelligent and charismatic, but that didn't keep him from doing some pretty stupid things.

IMO, most people have the country's best interests at heart, but nobody can agree on what they are, or how to address the issues. Oh, sure, some agreement is inevitable but when two parties are diametrically opposed, meeting in the middle is a long walk.

JimN
11-01-2008, 01:33 PM
"This is what racism does. It covers up, rationalizes and minimizes
another when there is a color difference."

That's right, but I don't know why you think this is all about race. It may be, for some people but it's not, for all. Besides- he has made it about race far more than anyone else, other than Michelle.

Skipper
11-01-2008, 02:08 PM
Clearly, the liberal press and Hollywood has done a great job of turning the country against McCain. Aside from the frightening prospect of Osama being our president, what is most shocking is how our nation just let the media run amuck with their overwhelming support of Osama and constant smear of McCain.

As for Hollywood, they don't believe 9-11 actually happened. They think it was just a conspiracy by Bush to keep them from having the Grammy's. That's why they are so much against McCain.

The liberals will probably get their messiah. Not from my vote.

But really, who looks better in a dress Osama or Palin? No contest!

Maristar210
11-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Don - Lots of hate in your comments

We don't tolerate the name calling in here so if you can't be nice please post some pictures in the swimsuit thread on you're way out of dodge.

coz
11-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Don - Lots of hate in your comments

We don't tolerate the name calling in here so if you can't be nice please post some pictures in the swimsuit thread on you're way out of dodge.

http://media.bigoo.ws/content/gif/peoples/peoples_300.gifNo! No! he'll be posting them granny gone wild pics :confused:
http://media.bigoo.ws/content/gif/peoples/peoples_500.gif

bigmac
11-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Great response there Skippy...."whatever"..... No disputing your level of intelligence. :D

Over the line, Don. Calling other members names does nothing to make you look smart, nor does it enhance your argument. Now is the time for you to button it or log off.

92 190 PS
11-01-2008, 04:12 PM
What if McCain went to church and sat through the hate lectures like those of Mr Wright (no reverend in my book)

What if McCain sat on the board of directors with the likes of William Ayers?

What if McCain hung out with the likes of father Flager?

What if McCain got his house in a deal with the likes of Rezko?

What if main street media were to give a free ride to McCain like they have Obama?

What if it was McCain that was the first Presidential candidate in history we knew so little about?

What if we knew so little about the true extreme views of McCain like we do about Obama?

What if McCain was going to raise taxes in the midst of one of the biggest economic struggles since the great depression.....

Fortunately we live in a free country and McCain doesn't stand for the things I mention above.....

ProTour X9
11-01-2008, 07:44 PM
Don....
As far as Sen. McCain crashing the planes, I believe it was mechanical failure EVERY time.

TX.X-30 fan
11-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Don your intellect is truly amazing I am awed by your ability to infuse rational thought into this discussion. I like you have felt the power of his voice and the tingle throughout my body as I see him connect with the poor downtrodden masses. It will truly be a joyous day when our leader rises to his foreseen position. We can all bask in the glow of his greatness and look forward to lives free from stress and worry.

God be with you Don and praise you for helping to show the vast unwashed the truth. :worthy::worthy:

coz
11-01-2008, 09:34 PM
http://media.bigoo.ws/content/gif/peoples/peoples_113.gif

MarkP
11-02-2008, 10:21 AM
I never took the test, but I support an American war hero...

not a radical with questionable religious affiliation and a known associate of a terrorist who has attacked Americans.

Just cannot believe that so many in this country are willing to elect somebody like that for their president. Probably have the Iranaian President over for a barbeque after his inaguration.

Just like you I didn’t take the test.
I got an email the other day, (mixed in with all of the other “forwarded” emails in my box), that informed/warned me about the different affiliations and qualifications of the 4 people that we are to choose from.. I found this one interesting.. Even though the race card does not play with, I found this interesting..

Obama/Biden vs McCain/Palin, what if things were switched
around?.....think about it.
Would the country's collective point of view be different? Could
racism be the culprit?

Ponder the following:

What if Barack Obama finished fifth from the bottom of his graduating class?

disfiguring car accident, when she no longer measured up to his standards?

What if Obama had met his second wife in a bar and had a long affair while
he was still married?

killers but also acquired them illegally through her charitable organization?

What if Obama had been a member of the Keating Five
(The Keating Five were five United States Senators accused of corruption
in 1989, igniting a major political scandal as part of the larger Savings
and Loan crisis of the late 1980s and early 1990s.)

What if Obama couldn't read from a TelePrompTer?

distribution?

do you really believe the election numbers would be as close as they are?

This is what racism does. It covers up, rationalizes and minimizes

Educational Background:
Barack Obama:
International Relations.

Joseph Biden:

vs.

John McCain:

Sarah Palin:
North Idaho College - 2 semesters - general study
University of Idaho - 2 semesters - journalism
Matanuska-Susitna College - 1 semester

MarkP
11-02-2008, 10:29 AM

Ponder the following:

class?

standards?

What if Obama had met his second wife in a bar and had a long affair
while he was still married?

organization?

What if Obama had been a member of the Keating Five? (The Keating Five
of the late 1980s and early 1990s.)

What if Obama couldn't read from a teleprompter?

distribution?

are?

This is what racism does. It covers up, rationa lizes and minimizes

Educational Background:

Barack Obama:
International Relations.

Joseph Biden:

vs.

John McCain:

Sarah Palin:

Hey don
Maybe I should have read all of the way to the end of the thread but as I started from the beginning of the thread I was reminded of that emal in my deleted box..
After seeing some of the responses
Ah, I’m going to go ahead and say, YOU should not have brought that up

MarkP
11-02-2008, 10:32 AM
What if McCain went to church and sat through the hate lectures like those of Mr Wright (no reverend in my book)

What if McCain sat on the board of directors with the likes of William Ayers?

What if McCain hung out with the likes of father Flager?

What if McCain got his house in a deal with the likes of Rezko?

What if main street media were to give a free ride to McCain like they have Obama?

What if it was McCain that was the first Presidential candidate in history we knew so little about?

What if we knew so little about the true extreme views of McCain like we do about Obama?

What if McCain was going to raise taxes in the midst of one of the biggest economic struggles since the great depression.....

Fortunately we live in a free country and McCain doesn't stand for the things I mention above.....
LOL, Sounds like you KNOW all you kneed to know..:rolleyes:

JimN
11-02-2008, 10:52 AM
Geez- if I had known all of that stuff was just from an e-mail, I wouldn't have wasted all of that time responding to it.

We have enough parrots, how about some original thought, instead of plagiarism? When something is quoted, it should be attributed to the originator, not just copied and pasted. That's just lazy and dishonest, Don.

TMCNo1
11-02-2008, 04:53 PM
I know I don't support this whacko, http://www.wimp.com/stupidbiden/

TX.X-30 fan
11-02-2008, 05:24 PM
[QUOTE=TMCNo1;553250]I know I don't support this whacko, http://www.wimp.com/stupidbiden/[/QUOT

Good one #1 although Stewart in a bonehead too.

Beretta silver pigeon 2

TMCNo1
11-02-2008, 05:58 PM
[quote=TMCNo1;553250]I know I don't support this whacko, http://www.wimp.com/stupidbiden/[/QUOT

Good one #1 although Stewart is a bonehead too.

Beretta silver pigeon 2

I wouldn't want to go hunting with Biden anymore than I would Chaney!

TX.X-30 fan
11-02-2008, 06:08 PM
[quote=TX.X-30 fan;553255]

I wouldn't want to go hunting with Biden anymore than I would Chaney!

If I could go with Chaney where he was in south Texas hunting Quail I would not drop off the line and fail to inform my fellow hunters I was caught up. I would take my chances to hunt that place.

92 190 PS
11-02-2008, 08:38 PM
LOL, Sounds like you KNOW all you kneed to know..:rolleyes:

MarkP I see you're from SW PA. I've heard about your kind.

"Redneck" or at least that is how your Rep. Murtha describes your kind....

.....And I bet you "cling to your guns and religion with antipathy for those that aren't like you"...:rolleyes::D:rolleyes:

coz
11-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Take that! You take that!
http://media.bigoo.ws/content/gif/peoples/peoples_90.gif
Noooo! you take that!

MarkP
11-02-2008, 09:28 PM
MarkP I see you're from SW PA. I've heard about your kind.

"Redneck" or at least that is how your Rep. Murtha describes your kind....

.....And I bet you "cling to your guns and religion with antipathy for those that aren't like you"...:rolleyes::D:rolleyes:
Again, LOL, I’m satisfied with that assessment if it makes you happy.. Seriously though, IMO that ol koot has been off the deep end
for a long time..