PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass speed control.

Abe
10-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Hi All, Have been looking at some of the perfect pass systems on the market just now. does anyone have The StarGazer Wakeboard Edition fitted, I would like to know any thoughts on it, good / bad, Easy to install, is it worth the money ? am sick of yelling to slow down speed up while boarding, I have a PS 190 (1990). Thanks in advance for all replies.
Abe.

brucemac
10-09-2008, 04:15 PM
i have PP Stargazer Wake Edition and love it. installed it myself with a lot of help here from members. looking back, it was easy to install, but did take me a couple evenings. all i can say is, if i can do it, a monkey could do it. it works fantastic, holds speed perfectly and in corners too. it does not do well in rivers or currents however because gps is land based. that's the about the only caveat or negative i can think of.

i should clarify the river/current thing. if you're going upstream and the river is running 2mph, you're going 2mph slower than the reading. if you're going downstream, you're going 2mph faster. hope that makes sense. for many it's a non issue.

ttu
10-09-2008, 04:16 PM
mine was easy install. simple plug and play.:D

i have been very impressed with stargazer wakeboard edition.

Abe
10-09-2008, 04:29 PM
That sounds great, Are the instructions OK to understand to fit it yourself. They don't come cheap so trying to keeping the cost down on this, saying that I will be saving plenty buying from the US as apposed to here in the UK. Cheers.

brucemac
10-09-2008, 04:30 PM
the instructions are somewhat clear. if you can swing the phone call, PP is very helpful. you'll find plenty of folks here who can help as well as long as you're patient.