PDA

View Full Version : equipment obsessions?

tex
05-03-2005, 05:57 PM
OK-Besides Mastercrafts, slalom skis, and foils. What are some of everyone's equipment obsessions. Mine are 2-stepoffs and wetsuits. I love to tinker with beat up skis and turn them into weird stepoffs. I paint them some kooky way to amuse myself and always..only a front toe piece. I bet I have 6 in my garage right now. The other is suits, I refuse to toss them out. I have 3 jumpsuits, 4 barefoot suits, 1 drysuit, 1 slalom suit and assorted other springsuits.

Rockman
05-03-2005, 07:28 PM
We have starting picking up old water skis...whether or not they are in good condition or not. I plan on lining the ceiling in our basement or garage with them once we get enough.

AirJunky
05-03-2005, 08:12 PM
We have starting picking up old water skis...whether or not they are in good condition or not. I plan on lining the ceiling in our basement or garage with them once we get enough.
Hey Rockman, ever been to Wiley's? You'd dig it. Hundreds of old wooden skis all over the walls & ceilings.

I have a few old skis, boards & foils myself. I had a lot of them screwed to the fence at my old condo. Not sure if I'll do the same at the new house but will probably work the waterski theme into the landscaping somehow.

Ran across an old disc at a garage sale the other day. I almost grabbed it. Would be funny to do the old ladder & disc trick.

east tx skier
05-04-2005, 01:23 PM

My brother in law is making a mailbox with old wooden skis on the outside for his dad's lakehouse. Ongoing project.

For me, jump seats seem to be my current repeated project.

Rockman
05-04-2005, 02:33 PM
Hey Rockman, ever been to Wiley's? You'd dig it. Hundreds of old wooden skis all over the walls & ceilings.

I have a few old skis, boards & foils myself. I had a lot of them screwed to the fence at my old condo. Not sure if I'll do the same at the new house but will probably work the waterski theme into the landscaping somehow.

Ran across an old disc at a garage sale the other day. I almost grabbed it. Would be funny to do the old ladder & disc trick.

Haven't been to Wiley's but have heard of it.

A few guys I know (old old timers) will break out the disk and the largest ladder they can find...gets kinda funny after a few cocktails. Have never tried it though.

causewayskiier
05-04-2005, 02:36 PM
I'm also a wetsuit junky. Everything from sleeveless shorties to barefoot suits to drysuits. I also SCUBA dive so that makes it even worse. Gotta have the right suit for every water temp.

Jorski
05-04-2005, 02:55 PM
Shorty wetsuit, 3-quarter suit, full suit, drysuit, barefoot suit....then proclaim manliness when skiing with pals and don't wear any of them no matter how cold....stupid huh ?

Better gag...chastising friend who skis before you into abandoning his neoprean (you know...we don't need no stinkin wetsuits) then gleefully putting yours on in front of him while he is shaking and displaying blue extremities.

Rockman
05-04-2005, 02:56 PM
Better gag...chastising friend who skis before you into abandoning his neoprean (you know...we don't need no stinkin wetsuits) then gleefully putting yours on in front of him while he is shaking and displaying blue extremities.

Man, rough crowd! But I like that idea. :D

erkoehler
05-04-2005, 03:16 PM

Rockman,

Kind of like that guy that skied in the shortie wetsuit w/ no sleeves on Sunday!

He was shaking pretty good on the way back to the dock.

Koehler

John B
05-04-2005, 03:27 PM
My obsession is eBay. Water skis,Snow skis, goggles. All 4 water skis from eBay,all but 2 of the snow skis,8 new pair of goggles,And a lot more all from eBay. :D

erkoehler
05-04-2005, 03:28 PM
Nice collection! :D

east tx skier
05-04-2005, 03:32 PM
My obsession is eBay. Water skis,Snow skis, goggles. All 4 water skis from eBay,all but 2 of the snow skis,8 new pair of goggles,And a lot more all from eBay. :D

John, I skied a pair of dynastars for 11 years. Great skis. Just picked up my second pair of Rossi Bandits. They've been very good to me.

Jorski
05-04-2005, 04:05 PM

It is even funnier when you get the same guy the following spring ! :dance:

G-man
05-04-2005, 04:11 PM
You might say teak platforms are my obsession. I have two platforms built as a bench with a third as a table. I have plans in my mind for a 2-3 person bar from a X-9 platform. Then I still have my show platform from the S&S I hope to have a piece of glass cut for it and do a coffee table for inside. My other platform will supply trim wood for the bar.

east tx skier
05-04-2005, 04:21 PM
The guy who built/continues to build this kegerator has posted here before, but I always seem to post the picture of his ongoing project.

tex
11-14-2007, 11:51 PM
I may have to start a hydrofoil fetish!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
11-14-2007, 11:54 PM
Why is that Tex? not enough activity here??

the "darkside" rules! :headbang: