PDA

View Full Version : 205 Prostar VS Maristar VS 2001?

Rlbol
10-07-2008, 09:15 PM
So after more research I think I have narrowed things down. The boat will be for my family tubing,skiing maybe wake boarding down the road. I like the open bow design. So other then that What are the differences? I am looking for an older model to stay around 12k So I would love the hear the good and bad things of these models?
Thanks

Rlbol
10-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Also is there any models to stay away from?

ttu
10-07-2008, 09:24 PM
So after more research I think I have narrowed things down. The boat will be for my family tubing,skiing maybe wake boarding down the road. I like the open bow design. So other then that What are the differences? I am looking for an older model to stay around 12k So I would love the hear the good and bad things of these models?
Thanks

if you are looking for a family boat, both the 205 and maristar will work great. the cc 2001 model that is in your heading is a very small closed bow boat.

Jerseydave
10-07-2008, 09:28 PM
205V:

Better handling, more agile, better wake for everything like wakeboarding, surfing, slalom, barefoot, etc. Better resale value too.

Maristar:

More storage and more interior space. Better rough-water ride (depending on what size Maristar)

Both great boats, cannot go wrong with either one.

Stay away from boats that end in -bu, -tique, ige', liner. :)

ttu
10-07-2008, 09:32 PM
205V:

did you forget about-upra, -mba, -kko, -rion:uglyhamme

coz
10-07-2008, 09:34 PM

Don't forget ba and on, especially on :D

you're too quick for me ttu

ttu
10-07-2008, 09:40 PM
on a serious note, the cc 2001 model is considered a solid boat. BUT the biggest drawback is it has wooden stringers and floor which leads to $$$$$$ replacement.

both the MC's you are looking at don't:headbang:

Rlbol
10-08-2008, 12:58 AM
I have found a few 2001's around me. they are less expensive but a few have some soft spots in the floor.

Is there a big difference in interior dimensions between the prostar 205 and the similar size maristar? there is not dealers around me to find out information. Nor do I now anyone with these boats.

Ski-A-Rees
10-08-2008, 01:25 AM
The CC 2001 model is a nice boat but they drive like a tank! Not like an inboard ski boat. Just thought I would throw that out their. Our team has one dating back to a professional wakeboarder and the gardens and I have driven it a couple times but not entirely impressed. Great for swivel and wakeboard though.

FrankSchwab
10-08-2008, 02:06 AM
Hey Ribol -
PM me; I think I can help you out.

/frank