PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Help

Trent 197
10-06-2008, 10:02 PM
About a month ago, I started noticing that one of my front cabin speakers and one of my back cabin speakers started "cracking". I doubt they're blown because it's intermittent. Also, the same amp that feeds the cabin speakers feeds my sub, and it "pops" intermittently. The other amp that feeds the tower speakers and the tower speakers themselves are fine. Last night the cabin speakers and sub cut out altogether? I don't think it's the amp overheating because it made it though June, July, and most of August. Anyone had a similar problem? I'm going to troubleshoot Wed night, but I could use a good starting place.

Thanks,

Trent

Trent 197
10-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Oh, I forgot...I have factory installed JL's (tower, sub, and cabin).

Andyg
10-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Check to make sure your RCA patch cords are plugged in securely. I started to get crackling in my JL speakers once and found that my RCAs were not firmly connected..

ORX-1
10-07-2008, 11:03 AM
That happened to me also, my bow speakers got fuzzy and would go in and out. The problem is that there is not enough power running them and the deck can't support them. I added an additional amp to run the interior speakers and the sound 10 times better and very clean. I have one amp for the four towers, one for the sub and one for the interior.

Trent 197
10-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Thanks guys...I'll install another amp tomorrow just to run sub and see if that fixes the problem.