PDA

View Full Version : 2007 X1 - Bilge Pump

x1_07
10-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Switch always on the middle position since day 1. Yesterday, the front bilge pump came on and has yet to turn off. No water is being pumped out as it's empty....for some reason is not shutting off as it's suppose to. PLEASE advise on what could be the problem or what to do....for now, i'm just turning the battery off until I use it the next day. (Boat sits on a Lake in South Florida).

Thanks.

vision
10-03-2008, 10:36 PM
Your bilge pump float switch is stuck. Pop the plastic cover off the bilge pump and make sure the float that slides up and down and turns the pump on and off is not stuck/dirty/obstructed.

BOATNGUYNE
10-03-2008, 11:13 PM
Check to so see if the float is stuck, sometimes debri will get stuck in there causing the
float to be stuck in the upward position !! Hope that helps

ORX-1
10-04-2008, 12:40 AM
I agree with the float being stuck but sometimes there can be a little water in the pump but not enough to get it out so it just stays on trying to get it out. you can try dumping some water in the hull around the pump. then lift the floater up to turn it off and then wait a few sec. and then release the float and let it suck the water out. Just an idea.... has worked for me on my old boat.

x1_07
10-04-2008, 10:22 AM
appreciate every response. will try all suggestions this afternoon.