PDA

View Full Version : LED Lights

X_Star05
05-03-2005, 11:58 AM
I know I started another thread already, but I thought more people would reply is I made it into a poll...

Here are some pictures of the boat I have on order... :D

sten76
05-03-2005, 07:34 PM
Do the blue lights, with your blue accent color.

erkoehler
05-04-2005, 01:16 AM
blue, and i voted.

motorsport17
05-04-2005, 04:32 AM
That boat is a one off made for one of mastercrafts boat shows. It was bought by Martin Equipment and to the best of my knowledge is still sitting in their show room. Did you buy it from them?

erkoehler
05-04-2005, 06:47 AM
Thats a pretty flashy boat as it is!

H2OGirl
05-04-2005, 09:15 AM
That boat is a one off made for one of mastercrafts boat shows. It was bought by Martin Equipment and to the best of my knowledge is still sitting in their show room. Did you buy it from them?
I was thinking the same thing, that is the boat from dealer days in Florida. It is an original. I did see it for sale on e-bay about a month or so ago. I have seen lots of pictures of this boat, it is awesome. I had a friend at dealer days.

X_Star05
05-04-2005, 10:04 AM
The picture at the top of this thread of the “barb wire” boat is located in Orlando. About two months ago I had a deposit on that boat in Orland and was going to purchase it, until my local dealer in Maryland told me I was able to “custom” order that boat through MasterCraft. I am the first customer to have order this “custom” boat. My boat is in the process of being made, and will be done this Friday. After it’s built, it will be shipped to Chicago to get the painted job. If everything goes as planned, I will be picking this boat up June 5th...

bonedoc
05-04-2005, 11:12 AM
Nice boat! There are a few around though, so I hope you aren't under the impression you will have the only one. There is one here at Martin Motor sports sitting in their show room for sale, and there are supposed to be a few in BC as well. Still, a rare beauty! Congrats!

X_Star05
05-04-2005, 11:26 AM
Bonedoc, do you have any idea how much they are asking and how much they are going to sell the barb wire X-Star for at Martin Motor?

Yeah, I am aware that I'm not the only one with this boat. The deader in Florida who has the “barb wire” X-Star which I had a deposit on, told me that the boat was a “one of a kind.” I went to Wake World, and quickly found out that there are a few of these boats out there. After I realized that I could order one, it was stupid for be to pay what I was paying for a that one, when I could order a brand new one.

bonedoc
05-04-2005, 11:37 AM
they are asking $112,000 CDN + 7% GST. That's about $95,800 USD tax in. I would imagine there's a few thousand negotiating room there. I'm not sure how warranty works if you bought it there, but I will say they have a great service shop if you don't mind the drive :D

X_Star05
05-04-2005, 11:43 AM
Sorry for all the questions, but do you know what engine is in the boat they have?

gogo
05-04-2005, 12:38 PM
In discussion with Martins when we bought are 05 X2 there are 6 Xstars of a similar scheme. All go to 3M in Chicago to be Painted etc( if I remember correctly). Any boat can be done in one of those schemes ( the wife liked the color, but not the barb wire thingy may do's) If you think mastercraft by design is pricey ask your dealer about those paint scheme's. Yikes!!!!! Very bling bling though.

gogo
05-04-2005, 12:41 PM
Im phoning now!!! MCX not sold yet..

X_Star05
05-04-2005, 06:16 PM
Thanks gogo! Sooo there are 6 X-Stars done like this with the barb wire scheme? I was told there has only been 4 in the country...

gogo
05-04-2005, 11:52 PM
Perhaps two in Canada to complete the six. Still pretty exclusive. Hmmm I wonder how far your jaw would have dropped if I passed your boat in my X2 with the same color/graphics.lol

X_Star05
05-05-2005, 12:26 AM
I just heard a rumor tonight that MasterCraft is going to coming out with this design next year in ‘06...

This is what I was told my from someone who works at a MasterCraft dealer “I was talking to my boss, and he said MC is going to make a huge batch of these special painted boats in ‘06 with that identical graphic, and another version with crossbones like the boat show model. They're also might be doing it on x-45's as well. The '06's will have the X-Star paint job, but it will be beneath the gel coat, instead of painted on top, then a clear coat applied which is a lot better as far as durability and shine goes.”

Not sure how reliable my source is, but this is what I was told… Anyone know if there is any truth to that?