PDA

View Full Version : Politicians getting shot at

Skipper
10-02-2008, 07:20 AM
Something on the news today is a story about Joe Biden's claim that he was "shot at" while in the green zone in Baghdad, while there is no substantial evidence to support his claim. He also said his helicopter was forced down in Afgahnistan, (in a context that makes it sound like a combat situation), but the pilot set down as a precaution because of bad weather. Also, Hillary said she landed "under sniper fire" at some place. Apparently the press and the American public have just taken their little fabrications in stride. :confused:

My question is, why do these people want to be shot at or shot down? I know John McCain has been both shot at and shot down. I don't think he enjoyed it. Contrary to popular belief, it is not cool to get shot at or blown up. If you get shot at frequently, your friends don't like to go out with you anymore. Personally, it is my goal not to get shot at, but I am not cool like those guys. :(

JohnE
10-02-2008, 07:43 AM
I guess they are going for some street cred.

wakeX2wake
10-02-2008, 09:10 AM
i think some of them have a better chance at being shot at over here... mainly for their ability/inability to make effective laws that protect the American public and its interests while maintaining a government that is representative of the people it represents not the party

jmac197
10-02-2008, 09:19 AM
I'll tell you what frosts my pumpkin is that the general public accepts these stories as fact and does not look at the context in which it happened. McCain was shot at and shot down during combat operations, These other clowns were there as a side show, not protecting our freedom. It is an absolute disservice to our men and women who put their lives on the line so these goofballs can have their freedom to say and spin anyway they want.

coz
10-02-2008, 09:23 AM
I'll tell you what frosts my pumpkin .:uglyhamme

Skipper
10-02-2008, 09:53 AM
I'll tell you what frosts my pumpkin is that the general public accepts these stories as fact and does not look at the context in which it happened. McCain was shot at and shot down during combat operations, These other clowns were there as a side show, not protecting our freedom. It is an absolute disservice to our men and women who put their lives on the line so these goofballs can have their freedom to say and spin anyway they want.

Glad I am not the only one who thinks that way. I blame the press. ;)

ttu
10-02-2008, 09:55 AM
Glad I am not the only one who thinks that way. I blame the press. ;)

skip, you would not be referring to the liberal press:uglyhamme

i agree it's a bunch of bs.

JimN
10-02-2008, 09:58 AM
I think they say these things so they'll look tough and can say that they have actually experienced what goes on there, which may give them credibility to the people who are mindless enough to believe everything they say. If it had happened, we would have heard about it immediately because there's very little difference between them and a little kid who took a big dump, and is proud of it.

jmac197
10-02-2008, 10:04 AM
because there's very little difference between them and a little kid who took a big dump, and is proud of it.

Now that's an awesome analogy.

I guess people just don't get it.

TX.X-30 fan
10-02-2008, 10:28 AM
There is no press anymore, just partisans in the media. Not one story from traditional media about the likes of Frank, and Waters involvement with the GSE's. Not a single story about Franklin Rains and the Enron accounting he did at FNMA. Enron guys are in jail and he is advising ah bama

TX.X-30 fan
10-02-2008, 10:29 AM
So long thread. :D

coz
10-02-2008, 10:30 AM
there's very little difference between them and a little kid who took a big dump, and is proud of it.

Yep! biggest one yet! :D I deserve to be president :banana:

http://www.raketa.at/images/6c5ccf951fb8d2d60251e3cdfbebd76d.JPG

JimN
10-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Franklin Rains, Barney Frank and Chris Dodd are really the ones who are responsible for this and it might not be immediate, but I think they will get theirs.

Monte
10-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Yep! biggest one yet! :D I deserve to be president :banana:

http://www.raketa.at/images/6c5ccf951fb8d2d60251e3cdfbebd76d.JPG

Were you giving yourself a swirley or drinking out of the toilet?:confused: