PDA

View Full Version : More Election Nonsense

Skipper
10-01-2008, 08:33 AM
From the Wall Street Journal:
"Hundreds of thousands of residents -- including vanloads of homeless voters shuttled to polling places by advocacy groups -- are expected to cast ballots before Election Day. This year, Ohio voters can cast an absentee ballot without having to cite a specific reason for voting early, which had limited the practice in past presidential elections. More than 30 states now allow early in-person voting without requiring voters to give a reason".

Anybody else think this is not really a good plan? Maybe it is just me?

trickskier
10-01-2008, 08:48 AM
Here in Jacksonville they have a van that picks up the homeless, takes them to their voting precinct, show them a ballot, and tell them what to mark...................8p

I believe they give them a free meal and a bottle of Thunderbird for doing their patriotic duty.................:rolleyes:
We don't want anybody in Florida to be disenfranchised................ 40845

Gonzo
10-01-2008, 08:48 AM
Certainly not good for my party, but then if we squashed it I dont think that would be fair at all either. My main gripe on voter registration is just how easy it is, I turned in my wifes application and my own (we moved) and wasnt asked for a DL, ID or any kind of birth certificate... I agree it should be streamlined, so everyone who is eligable can vote, but it really didnt seem to me at least up front like anyone was paying attention.

Skipper
10-01-2008, 09:02 AM
It is okay to have a rock concert at a college campus, tell the audience who to vote for, then lead them to the voting office. It is okay to load up vans full of homeless people, drive them to the voting office, and tell them who to vote for.

But during an actual election, there are specific laws that prohibit election signs within sight of a polling place and many other regulations to minimize improper influence of voters.

This is really off the map! I cannot believe our courts are just going to let it happen. :confused:

coz
10-01-2008, 09:12 AM
It is okay to have a rock concert at a college campus, tell the audience who to vote for, then lead them to the voting office. It is okay to load up vans full of homeless people, drive them to the voting office, and tell them who to vote for.

But during an actual election, there are specific laws that prohibit election signs within sight of a polling place and many other regulations to minimize improper influence of voters.

This is really off the map! I cannot believe our courts are just going to let it happen. :confused:

:banana::banana:

Maristar210
10-01-2008, 09:24 AM
Skipper -

I like you.

Not in a gay way. I just like you. :D

kjohnson
10-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Are these dummycrats that are promoting this nonsense?

Gonzo
10-01-2008, 10:04 AM

Last time I checked I, my party wanted the voting age raised to 32 :D

Skipper
10-01-2008, 11:39 AM

Not to point any fingers, but Osama's camp is the one picking up the homeless and who sponsored the concert. In fairness of reporting, McCain is running ads on radio and TV. But really, how stupid is this? :(

Jimmauburn
10-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Same old tactics they have been using for years down here in the south.... guess that is the only way they can get the votes they need to win. Really crazy but guess the dummycats have to do something ??

kjb
10-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Subject:
New Presidential Candidate... It's someone we know!

Hi,

There's an effort to elect an unknown random person as President... and it's someone we know! Watch this online video about the surprising new nominee:

http://www.tsgnet.com/pres.php?id=370617&altf=LZMF1&altl=CSPXO

Jot back a note to let me know what you think!

:banana::banana::banana: