PDA

View Full Version : 1999 prostar 205

kidz917
05-02-2005, 11:03 PM
What can you tell me about this boat. I heard that Mastercraft downgraded their interior this year and that they also had problems with the hull design. Sometime during that year Mastercraft retooled and went back to the old hull design and upgraded the interior. Any help on this info would be greatly appreciated.

jsonova99
05-02-2005, 11:05 PM
What can you tell me about this boat. I heard that Mastercraft downgraded their interior this year and that they also had problems with the hull design. Sometime during that year Mastercraft retooled and went back to the old hull design and upgraded the interior. Any help on this info would be greatly appreciated.

Are you sure it's the 205 you're talking about? I though the '99 190 was the "supposed" problem child of the lineup :confused:

edwin
05-02-2005, 11:40 PM
1999 was the year that MC went to a nearly full fiberglass motorbox (ie. almost no vinyl / padding), and a redesigned interior. Don't believe the 205 hull changed until 2001 when it became the 209.

MarkP
05-03-2005, 12:16 AM
1999 was the year that MC went to a nearly full fiberglass motorbox (ie. almost no vinyl / padding), and a redesigned interior. Don't believe the 205 hull changed until 2001 when it became the 209.I think your right

east tx skier
05-03-2005, 12:25 AM
There were no problems with the 1999 Prostar 205 hull of which I am aware. Basically, this hull had two eras---1992 to 1995 and 1996 to Present. I believe that 2000 was the last year of the Direct Drive 205. In 1999, I believe they modified the deck somewhat. The observer seat and motorbox were different in 1999 as previously noted. NSXBill has a comprehensive write up of the 205 changes by year that would be helpful.

This boat was the original X-star before the introduction of the V-drive Xstar. It's was MC's best selling hull I believe. If you can live with the different observer seat and the hardshell motorbox, then I am not aware of any other differences b/w this boat and other model years of the 205.

The 209 is, according to what I've been told, based on a maristar hull design. Apart from being an open bow with a walk through, the two are aparently quite different boats with different ski wakes.

Ric
05-03-2005, 01:09 PM
I've skiid one in the course quite a bit
nice boat
no problems at all with hull, drivetrain or electronics
all good