PDA

View Full Version : Trailer with Boat Buddy.

Abe
09-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Recently got a PS 190 with Boat The buddy system on the trailer, Am new to this Type of trailer and will be taking the boat out soon, Have experience of launch / recover with other boats and trailers but not with the BB system. any pointers please. Thanks in advance.

TMCNo1
09-28-2008, 06:01 PM
I did the retrofit and installed the Boat Buddy on our '89 trailer and have never had problems, from the shallowest ramp, Shanghai Resort Norris Lake, TN to the steepest, MYMC's ramp on Lake Wiley, NC, including 39 lakes inbetween in 20 years. It's all about knowing how deep to back the trailer, slowly idling/floating up and into the trailer bunks and then applying just enough throttle to power up and trip the pin. It's not about muscling it up like a bull in a china shop and crapping on everything you don't break! BTW, the wife does the boat driving!

jimmer2880
09-28-2008, 06:46 PM
What year PS190? I'm sure someone on here has the same year and can tell you exactly how deep to put your trailer, etc to make it work.

There are tons of threads on here about tricks/traps of the BB.

Gonzo
09-28-2008, 09:09 PM
I have a 91, my rule of thumb is to get the water to barely cover the fenders. Then go idle in an power up just enough to hear the click! I love the boatbuddy.

Abe
09-29-2008, 10:08 AM
What year PS190? I'm sure someone on here has the same year and can tell you exactly how deep to put your trailer, etc to make it work.

There are tons of threads on here about tricks/traps of the BB.

jimmer, Its a 1990 model. Thanks