PDA

View Full Version : bow wheel in place of BB

DooSPX
09-28-2008, 04:48 PM
I know ETS did it a while ago, but does anyone have a walk through of how to do it?

TMCNo1
09-28-2008, 04:57 PM
Take nut/washer off bolt, take bolt out, remove BB, place roller, insert bolt, install nut/washer!

flipper
09-28-2008, 05:54 PM
That pretty much covers it, but why would you want to get rid of the BB?

east tx skier
09-28-2008, 06:49 PM
I know ETS did it a while ago, but does anyone have a walk through of how to do it?

TMC#1 pretty much covered the replacement. Keep an eye on how much pressure is put on the bow roller when you replace it. I ended up going a little wider on the v-stop bunks to take a little pressure off the roller.

betsy&david Harrison
09-28-2008, 11:07 PM
why would anyone want to get rid of BB?? :(

Jk all :D

SkiDog
09-29-2008, 11:10 AM

Dooman, where the hell you been? I thought you might have bought a CC or bu or something!

bigmac
09-29-2008, 11:24 AM
That pretty much covers it, but why would you want to get rid of the BB?

From my standpoint, I don't hate the Boat Buddy, but for me it's a pointless complication to an already marginally-functional trailer. And I get a lot of grungy marring where the bow rests against the stupid thing.

As I understand it, the BB is designed for drive-on boat recovery -- you power on up the trailer until the BB latches. My trailer and/or my boat ramp are such that drive-on isn't really possible. The bow-eye hangs up on the V-blocks if I'm shallow enough where engaging the BB is possible, and if I'm deep enough where the bow-eye will clear the V-blocks, the tip of the bow hits the BB dead-on.

Consequently, my recovery process is to drive up the trailer until the tip of the bow hits the BB, at which point the bow-eye has already cleared the V-blocks. I then apply the winch and tighten it, then pull the trailer up until the boat rests on the bunks a little and winch it up until the eye engages the BB. It's a cumbersome process, but I've owned worse boat/trailer combinations. Bottom line though, my trailer ALSO would be better off without the Boat Buddy.

SkiDog
09-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Anybody ever tried loading your boat onto the trailer with a BB, using a boat hoist? Thats REAL fun!

DooSPX
09-29-2008, 01:52 PM
Dooman, where the hell you been? I thought you might have bought a CC or bu or something!

SkiDog, I did not go to the dark side. Sorry I havent been around for a while, all the lakes where I live in Highlands County, FL were all too low to put in the MC. In fact, last time I had out the Doo, it got stuck in some spots.
Now, with all the rain, the lakes are to the point were I can use my baby again. (About Damn time!!)

DooSPX
09-29-2008, 01:52 PM
From my standpoint, I don't hate the Boat Buddy, but for me it's a pointless complication to an already marginally-functional trailer. And I get a lot of grungy marring where the bow rests against the stupid thing.

As I understand it, the BB is designed for drive-on boat recovery -- you power on up the trailer until the BB latches. My trailer and/or my boat ramp are such that drive-on isn't really possible. The bow-eye hangs up on the V-blocks if I'm shallow enough where engaging the BB is possible, and if I'm deep enough where the bow-eye will clear the V-blocks, the tip of the bow hits the BB dead-on.

Consequently, my recovery process is to drive up the trailer until the tip of the bow hits the BB, at which point the bow-eye has already cleared the V-blocks. I then apply the winch and tighten it, then pull the trailer up until the boat rests on the bunks a little and winch it up until the eye engages the BB. It's a cumbersome process, but I've owned worse boat/trailer combinations. Bottom line though, my trailer ALSO would be better off without the Boat Buddy.

that is my issue as well.

SkiDog
09-29-2008, 04:54 PM
SkiDog, I did not go to the dark side. Sorry I havent been around for a while, all the lakes where I live in Highlands County, FL were all too low to put in the MC. In fact, last time I had out the Doo, it got stuck in some spots.
Now, with all the rain, the lakes are to the point were I can use my baby again. (About Damn time!!)

i understand about the DS. Not everybody is suited for it! BUT, just cause you couldn't use your boat, don't mean you can't hang out HERE with us! Get on it Son!

DooSPX
09-29-2008, 06:49 PM
i understand about the DS. Not everybody is suited for it! BUT, just cause you couldn't use your boat, don't mean you can't hang out HERE with us! Get on it Son!

HAHA, if I EVER would go over to the dark side for ANY reason it would be CC. (shh... I didnt say that, I was never here)
Also, another reason for not being around is busy settling in the new house my better half and I bought.

pram
09-30-2008, 05:02 PM
why would anyone want to get rid of BB?? :(

Jk all :D

That wouldn't be good at all :D