PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Alias

mitch
09-26-2008, 09:42 PM
Any opinions on the Samsung Alias? Thanks!

airmousam@gmail.com

ShamrockIV
09-26-2008, 09:49 PM
babymama had one she traded it for a treo!!

it was kinda hard to type on.

D3skier
09-26-2008, 11:00 PM
Here's what I found on the phone just under a quick search... I'd say not good at all. My wife just got the ver. 2 of the chocolate and really likes it.

Clearly, there were issues with the Samsung SCH-U740, which is why Verizon Wireless essentially re-released the phone a year later as the Samsung Alias. But the only improvements this phone has seen are cosmetic, and slight at best. The interface is still troubling, and though it still has the same great call quality as its predecessor, the messaging features haven't seen any improvement. This phone should be a messaging powerhouse, ready to compete as a smaller, more clever competitor to the bulky Sidekick family, but ends up in the shadow of the carriers other consumer QWERTY phones. In the year since we saw the original, the Samsung Alias has not improved, and we wouldn't be surprised to see this phone being discontinued soon. Release: April 2008. Price: $80.
Pros: Unique, slim design. Good call quality.
Cons: Interface is not made for messaging. E-mail costs a lot extra. Low-res screen hampers Web browsing. Video quality is poor. No accessories.

mitch
09-27-2008, 10:22 AM
Thanks guys!