PDA

View Full Version : Regular Service Question..........

rabooze
05-02-2005, 07:42 PM
What regular maintenance should be performed at 300 hrs? What should be the schedule for other maintenance after that? Any suggestions to make the boat last as long as possible? Thanks for the help!

Engine Nut
05-02-2005, 07:51 PM
300 hours - Change Trans fluid, Spark Plugs, Check Belts, Check Shaft Alignment, Inspect Plug Wires, Check Water Pump Impeller, H+Check Breather Hose and PCV Valve, Grease Startere Bendix. This info is right out od the Indmar Operator's Manual.

east tx skier
05-03-2005, 12:01 AM
Change your oil every 50 (or when you winterize). Change your impeller each spring. I know the manual says 100/300 hours for some of the stuff mentioned, but there are plenty of people that do it more often. If you have a manual, all the service intervals are listed in it. The 05 manual is in the download section.

erkoehler
05-03-2005, 01:40 AM
what about at 900 hours? What does it say for then? Anything expensive need to be overhauled or replaced?

woody
04-30-2010, 06:58 PM
Resurrecting an old thread as my search ability is pants and I've not found anything more than what I should do every 100 / 300 hours for an RTP in an 2005 X2 in the MC and Indmar manuals.

She's at around 1700 hours at the moment

I'm no engine man, so if someone asked me if its got a cambelt - I'm guessing it hasn't and probably has chain(s) and not pushrods......and therefore it don't need a cambelt change...but I'm guessing.

Any of you guys know anymore?

Cheers.

Jerseydave
04-30-2010, 09:58 PM
Resurrecting an old thread as my search ability is pants and I've not found anything more than what I should do every 100 / 300 hours for an RTP in an 2005 X2 in the MC and Indmar manuals.

She's at around 1700 hours at the moment

I'm no engine man, so if someone asked me if its got a cambelt - I'm guessing it hasn't and probably has chain(s) and not pushrods......and therefore it don't need a cambelt change...but I'm guessing.

Any of you guys know anymore?

Cheers.

Timing belt-NO
Timing chain-YES
Pushrods-YES
Overhead cam-NO

1700 hours shouldn't need anything major or internal. Just keep up with your regular maintenance and you should be fine.

woody
05-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Timing belt-NO
Timing chain-YES
Pushrods-YES
Overhead cam-NO

1700 hours shouldn't need anything major or internal. Just keep up with your regular maintenance and you should be fine.

Thank you - that's just what I was hoping to hear. :)