PDA

View Full Version : Motor RPM's increase while shifting in gear

Psheehy
05-02-2005, 08:29 PM
What would be the correct adjustment to keep my idle rpms to stay constant while I am shifting to forward or reverse? Everytime I slowly move the throttle from neutral to either Fwd or Rev, the throttle increases slightly before it goes into gear making it a harder shift than it should be. If I wait a moment before the final engangement takes place, the RPM's start to drop back. '02 197 X-7, 310 hp. Perfect pass installed last year, but it did it before the Perfect Pass was installed.
Paul S.. Greensboro, NC

Ric
05-02-2005, 08:48 PM
ok I am no expert but I think your's has a physical throttle cable in place and I'd bet that some adjustments at the helm would solve this issue

wesgardner
05-03-2005, 09:37 AM
Hey Psheehy,

The throttle/shift linkages can be kind of tedious to get the adjustment correct, it CAN be just a matter of a turn or so...when I replaced my throttle/shift, I had to completely(obviously) reset everything and it took a while to get things working as they should. Mine however does have some sort of fairly positive method of keeping the throttle against the idle stop UNTIL you have shifted....there are adjustments at either end of the cable(s)...check it out

Wes

jimmer2880
05-03-2005, 12:52 PM
Hey Psheehy,

The throttle/shift linkages can be kind of tedious to get the adjustment correct, it CAN be just a matter of a turn or so...when I replaced my throttle/shift, I had to completely(obviously) reset everything and it took a while to get things working as they should. Mine however does have some sort of fairly positive method of keeping the throttle against the idle stop UNTIL you have shifted....there are adjustments at either end of the cable(s)...check it out

Wes

What Wes said. Your problem is in the linkage.