PDA

View Full Version : Accy switch

mcmx2
09-25-2008, 08:42 PM
I have an 05 ps 197. I was wondering where the end of the switched wire from the accy switch is located. I am trying to add a depth finder but the wire goes into the loom and dissappears.

vogelm1
09-25-2008, 09:37 PM
During the couple times I've crawled around under the dash of my boat, I found all the terminations to be marked pretty well with little tags. I needed to get at one of them and had to pull the gob of wires apart a little; and if I remember correctly, most of the terminations were to the far side of the dash (closest to throttle side). Hope this helps...you'll find it with a little digging under there.

ncsone
09-25-2008, 09:41 PM
Check with your dealer on this. I say this because I have a 05 197TT and had the dealer add a DF earlier this year. They can retrofit the factory DF into your boat, all it takes it the puck and the DF module. Plug it all up and the depth will read in the LCD display at the bottom of the tach. Just like the factory DF.

mcmx2
09-26-2008, 11:11 AM
ncsone,

I wish I had posted this before I started this little project. I already drilled a hole and installed the guage, I did not realize that you could use the readout on the tach:(. Thanks for the replies

WTRSK1R
09-26-2008, 01:50 PM
I added the factory module and puck on mine too. There are 2 wires that were marked with Dpth + and Dpth- roughly in the middle of the dash under the drivers knees. Did not even need to remove the kick panel for this part if I remember correctly. I am not certain what color they were anymore, but I can take a look tonight when at home if you want.

Steve