PDA

View Full Version : Taunting Kids

wakeX2wake
09-25-2008, 12:56 PM
So... we're out last Saturday... pretty much me and about 5 or 6 friends... we have a local riding spot that we call the barge canal mainly b/c its used for barges to get off the main river channel and lock through the dam... anyways about 2/3 the way up the canal there's a large bridge and under this bridge there's a park and there's access to the water... there is RARELY anyone at the park much less the water... anyways... i'm riding (wakeboarding) and not really paying attention to the shore i feel something hit my board... i look up and my buddys in the boat have a look on their face like "O $#!T"... i look on the bank and there's 2 kids about 8-10 yrs old throwing rocks at every boat that passes... ok at this point i'm POed!!! i tell the driver to double me up and we're going back... i guide him driving my boat far enough away so it wouldn't be hit but where i could edge out and say something... of course the little BA$&%!DS were throwing rock all they could... so i yell "QUIT THAT $#!T!!!" as i catch on of the rock one of them threw and launch it best i can (having to ride switch b/c i'm right handed and ride RFF) back at the little ankle biter... the whole time the kids are throwing rocks and flipping all of us off... so now i'm really gonna give it to them next pass... we were all laughing about it in the boat and all agreed these kids needed a good thrashing... so next pass a buddy and me decide the only way to win this war is to get on their level... and having much better taunting skills b/c of age, experience, and tactical position we let them have it... one buddy is in the front of the boat and another on a wakeboard both with the FULL MOON on and i'm sitting in the drivers seat yelling "NEEDLE D--- NEEDLE D--- NEEDLE D---" in the same manner as the guy off WaterBoy (the adam sandler movie) did when taunting Bobby Bouche... the girls on the boat were laughing their heads off at our antics the 3rd 4th and 5th times we passed doing this and honestly the first time they just shook their heads and were probably a little disappointed that we... in our mid 20s would stoop to that level... but in my own defense a) my wakeboard was hit w/ a ROCK b) my boat could have been hit causing a couple hundred at least in damages c) someone on my boat could have been injured had we not see the kids w/ the rocks

so i'm wondering... did we take it too far? or should we have been adults and just called the cops to them?

flipper
09-25-2008, 01:03 PM
Well, if you call showing your ars getting them back with better tactical skills, I guess you win. Personally, I would have got them back in another way.

Roonie's
09-25-2008, 01:04 PM
I need pics of said girls in boat to make a decision on whether you took it too far or not.

03 35th Anniversary
09-25-2008, 01:07 PM
Better thatn what I thought of doing.

I'd would have got on shore chased them down put them on the boat and taken them about 10 mi. down river and dropped them off.

wakeX2wake
09-25-2008, 01:08 PM
well the tactical position i was refering to was that it was a hit and run type scenario and they were there wanting to "battle" and we just drove by dropped the bomb and cleared out before they knew what hit them...

and seriously... you're trying "to get" somebody and they show you their arse and you can't do anything about it... its pretty demoralizing

flipper
09-25-2008, 01:17 PM
I was just thinking they could have hurt the boat, people in the boat, or worse, and all they got back was an image of your ars. They needed much more punishment IMO.

wakeX2wake
09-25-2008, 01:24 PM
i agree i think they did as well... but in making myself feel better we struck hard with the mental warfare... they were SOOOO ticked they couldn't get out there to the water...

funny part i forgot to mention that about the 6th or 7th time we passed them (this was over the course of about 2-3 hrs... the barge canal is about 2.5 mi long and NOTHING on it except Wilson Dam on one end and a marina and opening to the main river channel on the other) and there were some older guys out there (mid- 30s?) and they were watching us come by so my buddy did the only natural thing which was to throw a HUGE OHH... at which point the kids were sitting down and not doing anything and the men went nuts when he landed it... he followed it w/ a massive scarecrow

Skipper
09-25-2008, 02:16 PM
so i'm wondering... did we take it too far? or should we have been adults and just called the cops to them?

I am sure the socially and legally acceptable response would be to avoid direct contact with the boys and notify the local law enforcement. Having said that, I probably would have chased them home and beat their parents. See, that is only a misdemeanor...beating the kids would be felony. I am not sure what indecent exposure gets you, may be a sex crime these days.

wakeX2wake
09-25-2008, 04:27 PM
I am sure the socially and legally acceptable response would be to avoid direct contact with the boys and notify the local law enforcement. Having said that, I probably would have chased them home and beat their parents. See, that is only a misdemeanor...beating the kids would be felony. I am not sure what indecent exposure gets you, may be a sex crime these days.

haha could be... and the beating the parents thing actually sounds great but if i'm guessing correctly... i would have felt pretty bad beating up a guy who was passed out drunk on his front porch and woman who was so high on crystal meth she couldn't make a PB&J sammich... come to think of it... i think i've got my plan for next time...

i'll be really immature and then i'll call the cops... yea that way some justice is served in this world and i still get my kicks

ps i'm really surprised Harold hasn't gotten on this one and made me either feel really really good or really really dumb

wsrobert
09-25-2008, 04:34 PM
I agree...we need pictures of said girls in boat...

Hollywood
09-25-2008, 04:59 PM
For an engineer your writing skills suck.

flipper
09-25-2008, 05:01 PM

I haven't met an engineer that's any different. Math no problem, spelling or grammar, forget it.

Don't feel bad, I suck at both:o

wakeX2wake
09-25-2008, 05:03 PM

haha thanks... i don't write narratives... i do math and number annalysis... i can write when i need to but this is an internet forum not a newspaper... assumed i'd be allowed a little leeway

FrankSchwab
09-25-2008, 08:28 PM
I'd suggest a half-dozen paintball guns in the boat.

/frank

mlay
09-25-2008, 08:41 PM
I'd suggest a half-dozen paintball guns in the boat.

/frank
Now that would be funny!

FrankSchwab
09-25-2008, 11:28 PM
Just don't aim for the eyes...

03 35th Anniversary
09-26-2008, 12:43 AM
Put the paint balls in the cooler with the beer!!!!

That'll teach them!!!!!!!

tex
09-26-2008, 07:02 AM
Just smile and call the cops!

Hollywood
09-26-2008, 10:06 AM
Seriously though, I quit reading about 1/3 of the way through. I'd expect this kind of post from a 15 year old. You are really going to drop to the level of kids throwing rocks?

wakeX2wake
09-26-2008, 10:57 AM
Seriously though, I quit reading about 1/3 of the way through. I'd expect this kind of post from a 15 year old. You are really going to drop to the level of kids throwing rocks?

well i already did and yes... i dropped to that level and it was awesome to be them at their own game...

the paintball guns will be in the boat this weekend w/ the balls in the cooler w/ the beer... GREAT SUGGESTION... being immature from time to time is GREAT... very therapeutic... a wise man once said... "you can't take like too seriously... you'll never get out alive"

funk
09-26-2008, 01:55 PM
This in conjuction with your current action would make for the perfect "moon launcher"!!

mlay
09-26-2008, 02:18 PM
well i already did and yes... i dropped to that level and it was awesome to be them at their own game...

the paintball guns will be in the boat this weekend w/ the balls in the cooler w/ the beer... GREAT SUGGESTION... being immature from time to time is GREAT... very therapeutic... a wise man once said... "you can't take like too seriously... you'll never get out alive"

I agree, we never really grow up....

I was young and foolish then; now I am old an foolisher.
- Mark Twain