PDA

View Full Version : For you Cubs fans!

Harvey
09-25-2008, 12:25 PM
It is almost October and I can hardly sit still. Last night's 10th inning win was awesome.

Here is a little Eddie Vedder for you to listen to "All the Way" by Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=CqHTScDBsDU).

Go Cubs Go.

Andyg
09-25-2008, 03:08 PM
First time in my life I was hoping the Cubs would win. Brewers still have a chance!

Maristar210
09-25-2008, 03:28 PM
Screw the Brewers.

I have been a Cubs fan since I was a kid. Since Ivan DeJesus, Dave Kingman and that fat *** Rick Sutcliff were around. Since Jack Brickhouse....

I am really hoping this year is our year.

Besides Datdude owes me a case of beer !!!!!

lanier92prostar
09-25-2008, 03:28 PM
First time in my life I was hoping the Cubs would win. Brewers still have a chance!

I can't decide who is going to collapse the worst, the Mets or the Brewers. I hope it is the Mets.

wsrobert
09-25-2008, 04:38 PM
Did you see Sutcliff calling the game last night? The way he talked, you would think he hated the Cubs...I almost wish the Cubs didn't have the best record. I always like them to be the UNDERDOG!!!

Datdude
09-25-2008, 04:52 PM
Besides Datdude owes me a case of beer !!!!!

PM me your address:rolleyes:

Datdude
09-26-2008, 10:44 AM
I want to thank the Cubs for crapping the bed last night:mad:

No Skeez
09-26-2008, 10:52 AM
I want to thank the Cubs for crapping the bed last night:mad:

Yeah, but how about Braun's walk off grand slam!!

I've been to 10 games this year and am kicking myself for turning down tickets to last night's game!

Although I was out skiing and footin' instead!

Datdude
09-27-2008, 12:57 PM
Yeah, but how about Braun's walk off grand slam!!

I've been to 10 games this year and am kicking myself for turning down tickets to last night's game!

Although I was out skiing and footin' instead!

Braun's slam was EPIC!!!! I can't believe it took Braun and the Crew that long to hit one:rolleyes:

No Skeez
09-27-2008, 01:08 PM
Braun's slam was EPIC!!!! I can't believe it took Braun and the Crew that long to hit one:rolleyes:

How about Weeks hittin' the three run shot right off the bench as the pinch hitter! Everyone's thinking WHY are you putting Weeks in, then just jacks a three run shot!

And to top it off, the Mets lose! Go Crew!

TMCNo1
09-28-2008, 09:05 AM
You mean they are still playing baseball? I thought the season was already over!:o

Datdude
09-28-2008, 11:21 PM
Way to go Brewers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

erkoehler
09-28-2008, 11:26 PM
Go sell a pier :)

Nobody cares about brewers :)

JimN
09-28-2008, 11:38 PM
Hey Erk- as a Brewer fan, Bite me! It's not over between the Brewers and Cubs and next time they meet, it's gonna be like the 9th on Friday night all over again.:woohoo:

Maristar210
09-29-2008, 09:15 AM
Hey Erk- as a Brewer fan, Bite me! It's not over between the Brewers and Cubs and next time they meet, it's gonna be like the 9th on Friday night all over again.:woohoo:

That's some serious bull **** you are chuking right there Jim. You mean on Friday when four regular starters for the Cubs were............ ON THE BENCH and you guys still struggled to beat my Cubs?

Paint it in Miller Beer if you wish

I know Mr. Datdude is sending a case of your cities finest my way as we speak and I could not be happier about it.

As for your Brewers, CC can't pitch every day and you chumps wont see your way past the Phillies. CC? Meet Ryan Howard. Bye CC

JimN
09-29-2008, 09:26 AM
That's some serious bull **** you are chuking right there Jim. You mean on Friday when four regular starters for the Cubs were............ ON THE BENCH and you guys still struggled to beat my Cubs?

Paint it in Miller Beer if you wish

I know Mr. Datdude is sending a case of your cities finest my way as we speak and I could not be happier about it.

As for your Brewers, CC can't pitch every day and you chumps wont see your way past the Phillies. CC? Meet Ryan Howard. Bye CC

It took one hit to beat them on Friday.

OK, what is my city's finest, in your opinion? If it's from a major brewery, it ain't our finest. That would be from one of the smaller brewers.

Ryan Howard- is he Ronny's little brother? We'll push him down and kick sand in his face, that little puke!

The Brewers have lost to much worse teams than the Cubs, I'll have you know!

Datdude
09-29-2008, 10:42 AM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahah:D

Sounds like Sheets is done for the year:rolleyes: I can't wait for this loser to leave Milwaukee. Some team is going to pay this moron a pile to sit on the bench and chew his fingernails

Check out Bob Uecker's call of Braun's home run. It is about half way through the audio clip......pure gold:cool:

http://sportsbubbler.com/DisplayPodcasts.aspx?Team=1

Maristar210
09-29-2008, 10:50 AM
It took one hit to beat them on Friday.

OK, what is my city's finest, in your opinion? If it's from a major brewery, it ain't our finest. That would be from one of the smaller brewers.

Ryan Howard- is he Ronny's little brother? We'll push him down and kick sand in his face, that little puke!

Brewers Kool Aid contains lotsa vodka?

JimN
09-29-2008, 11:45 AM
Sheets has been hurt in every season and that makes him a lot like John Jaha, who got hurt when he apparently decided that he wanted to be done for that season, which could come at any time. One of the local radio stations sends their morning show guys to Spring Training every year and when Jaha was still with the team, he sat down, they said hi and one of the first questions was "So John, when are you gonna call it a year?". He just got up and walked away.

Sheets pitched pretty well this year but he seems awfully high strung. If you ever watch him on the bench, he chews his nails more than anyone I have ever seen and I would have thought he's be down to his elbows but the 5th inning. No team can afford a player who gets hurt that often, especially when it's always season-ending. Jeff Jenkins was another one. Too much money and not enough production.

I wonder how much CC will want, to stay here. That was a helluva season for him. I don't know who instigated the move to get him but it was definitely one of the main reasons they made it to the playoffs.

JimN
09-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Brewers Kool Aid contains lotsa vodka?

What did I tell Erk?

Not lotrsa vodka, just enough.

CoorsLight
09-29-2008, 12:15 PM
Sheets has been hurt in every season and that makes him a lot like John Jaha, who got hurt when he apparently decided that he wanted to be done for that season, which could come at any time. One of the local radio stations sends their morning show guys to Spring Training every year and when Jaha was still with the team, he sat down, they said hi and one of the first questions was "So John, when are you gonna call it a year?". He just got up and walked away.

Sheets pitched pretty well this year but he seems awfully high strung. If you ever watch him on the bench, he chews his nails more than anyone I have ever seen and I would have thought he's be down to his elbows but the 5th inning. No team can afford a player who gets hurt that often, especially when it's always season-ending. Jeff Jenkins was another one. Too much money and not enough production.

I wonder how much CC will want, to stay here. That was a helluva season for him. I don't know who instigated the move to get him but it was definitely one of the main reasons they made it to the playoffs.

Main reason?

Try, only reason. Three starts in a row on three days rest with the last start being a CG?
What are they feeding CC and Prince? Whole sides of beef? Both have got to be close to 300#
Fielder is the worst. He can hit the carp out of the ball but that fat *** has more long singles than the Bee Gee's

Phil's are gonna kill ya anyways 8p

Datdude
09-29-2008, 12:15 PM
Go sell a pier :)

Nobody cares about brewers :)

Pound Sand:cool:

I wish CC would stay as he is a machine, but it sounds like he will be well out of our price range. Letting Cordero go and paying Gag-me $10m kinda hurt too. Let's Go Brew Crew!!!!!!!

JimN
09-29-2008, 01:23 PM
Main reason?

Try, only reason. Three starts in a row on three days rest with the last start being a CG?
What are they feeding CC and Prince? Whole sides of beef? Both have got to be close to 300#
Fielder is the worst. He can hit the carp out of the ball but that fat *** has more long singles than the Bee Gee's

Phil's are gonna kill ya anyways 8p

Only reason? I didn't see him hit the grand slam or any other game-winning homers, although his average was .244 with a homer and some RBI. He almost killed someone in the upper deck yesterday and it wasn't that far foul.

Prince is vegetarian now. OTOH, the weight isn't gonna melt off if he eats a truckload of veggies and fruit and since bread isn't from animals, that may be a big part of the diet. They're both big but CC doesn't seem to have changed in the 1/2 season he has been here. I think he has more complete games than anyone else for a long time. I don't know if it's just his mechanics or he's just really durable but as long as it's not steroids, I really don't care.

Long singles work, too. He doesn't need to hit a dinger every time.

No, they aren't. You take that back!

JimN
09-29-2008, 01:29 PM
Pound Sand:cool:

I wish CC would stay as he is a machine, but it sounds like he will be well out of our price range. Letting Cordero go and paying Gag-me $10m kinda hurt too. Let's Go Brew Crew!!!!!!!

If Gag-me, Sheets, Weeks and Parra all go, they could swing it. I just thought $42M for Suppan was really excessive. He better produce next year, or they'll have wasted a lot of money. Hey- they signed Suppan and Braun for a total of $88M, so they do have the beans to keep him, especially since they get playoff money. CC seems to like MKE, too.

Harvey
09-29-2008, 02:12 PM
The Dodgers could present some interesting challenges this series but if the Cubbies play like they have been it is going to be Cubs V Phillies in the NLCS. There is a part of me that hopes the Brewers can pull it out but I doubt that they can contain the Phillies hitters. The Brewers would make the NLCS easier for the Cubbies.

Bring on October!!!!!!!!!

Datdude
09-29-2008, 04:37 PM
Hey- they signed Suppan and Braun for a total of $88M, so they do have the beans to keep him, especially since they get playoff money. CC seems to like MKE, too.

I hope they at least try to keep him and make a decent offer, but all of the "experts" that know a lot more about baseball than I do think he is gone. I heard one of those experts mention a deal in the $150m range for CC. Maybe we could find the phone number for Turnbow's hotel room in the Mexican Rec League and get him back into form:rolleyes:;):D

JimN
09-29-2008, 05:40 PM
"I hope they at least try to keep him and make a decent offer, but all of the "experts" that know a lot more about baseball than I do think he is gone."

You never know- he may take less just because he likes it here, he has a sense of how much is just too much and wants to stay for the love of the game.

Bwaaahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I heard one of those experts mention a deal in the $150m range for CC."

That's an insane amount. I don't think even Steinbrenner would pay that much, although he may be POd enough about not getting into the post season after making Torre want to leave that in desperation, he'd pop for it.

"Maybe we could find the phone number for Turnbow's hotel room in the Mexican Rec League and get him back into form."

I think Turnbow is a lost cause. If he's on, he's on but that All Star form has been non-existent since then. I'm not sure Capuano will be worth keeping and I thought he was a good pitcher, but he just had his second Tommy Johns surgery.