PDA

View Full Version : cwb board ?????(need help)!

abwx2
09-24-2008, 02:01 PM
i am thinking about buying this board
and i need to know if it is a good board that gives alot of pop because i can do backrolls and alot of stuff i just need to know if this is a good board..........(the board is a cwb sol ):confused:

MCDriven
09-24-2008, 02:51 PM
I think the Sol is an entry to intermediate level board. I used to ride one when I started and liked it, but now have it set up for my guests. Solid board to learn on. Probably more modest on the pop since it's designed for beginners. Kink is a nice mid-level CWB board with more pop but not pro model price. I now ride a Hyperlite B Side.

abwx2
09-24-2008, 02:57 PM
thinkin about a hyperlite to

sand2snow22
09-24-2008, 03:24 PM
I have the CWB Transcend Platinum and love it. Huge pop, soft landings. Having said that, my next board will probably be a Slingshot!! Hyperlite used to be the shiz, but to me they're playing catchup, some of their new stuff is good.....

wakeX2wake
09-24-2008, 03:30 PM
lots of times people will go nuts w/ boards w/o comparing them to what they're riding currently... rockers, tail shape, fin setups, weight, etc etc... what are you riding now?

you're just not going to like riding an abrupt three stage if your currently riding a continuous or vice versa... the change can be made but it takes some serious commitment... to just jump on a board so different you'll hate it out of the gate...

jixxxer
09-24-2008, 03:55 PM
thats the entry level board, but a great one for beginners, thats what I learned on. i switched to the faction and really like it but after riding a murray hard to say i wouldnt have gone with that. Have heard nothing but good things about the transcend though!

RexDog1
09-24-2008, 04:16 PM
I Like CWB Boards and Hinged Bindings the sol is a good board, have you road it? Try to rent one before you buy it, CWB boards are slower than other boards….. I ride a CWB Absolute and I like it!! I will be riding a Ronix board this weekend …….. Try to ride deferent boards and bindings before you buy

PondWater
09-25-2008, 12:08 AM
As some have already said, boards can be a very personal thing. What I may like you may not. I really like the CWB Absolute Platinum, the older Hyperlite Premier and the new ERA. I have not riden any of the new Ronix boards but have heard good things. That said, you may like a completely different design or style board. If you can, test them out first or borrow a friends.

2000mcxstar
09-25-2008, 01:11 AM
well i have the cwb transcend, with the liquid force Shane boots. I love it, huge pop and it has a great edge. I would recommend taking the fins off of it first though. a good friend of mine just won a flex board made by ronix, He says that it has the most pop of any board hes ever been on, and has the softest landings since it has so much flex. He can keep one foot down flat on the teak platform, and lift the other to about knee height. Its crazy thin but seems like a cool idea.