PDA

View Full Version : Vibration / Drive Train

mneff1
09-23-2008, 11:34 AM
I recently had my mechanic remove my engine in my 94 prostar 190 to replace the oil pan. The pan was completely corroded and I had no oil in the engine. Fortunately I caught the problem and didnít run the engine without oil. When I went to use the boat for the first time I noticed a click, click sound when I put the engine into forward. I have a turbo slot transmission. This click, click never happened before. Then the 2nd time I took it out I noticed some vibration on one of my pull outs. The 3rd time I took it out I could even get the boat off the trailer. There was a huge vibration when I put it into gear. There was no vibration in neutral so Iím guessing this is drive train related.

The person that did the repair is very knowledgeable. The engine was removed from the stringers so Iím confident the engine is in the same place. However Iím not confident the drive train is aligned correctly. My mechanic said there are only two bolts that connect the drive train to the engine/transmission and that there is no movement. Is this correct that there is no movement? What do you recommend? Could we just turn it 180 degrees and re-bolt it? Are there detailed instructions on how to align the drive shaft? Any information is much appreciated. Thank you.

flipper
09-23-2008, 11:43 AM
There's a couple threads on this, check this one out.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=25215

mneff1
09-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Does it sound possible that the alignment was close and that it suddenly changed? Could it change by just trailering the boat? Or do you think something wasn't tight? It just seems weird that it got this huge vibration instantly.

TMCNo1
09-23-2008, 12:52 PM
There should be 4 bolts and nuts that connect the coupler for the shaft to the transmission coupler, if that is what you mean by 2 bolts to the drivetrain and engine transmission.

mneff1
09-23-2008, 01:06 PM
That's what I meant. I thought the mechanic said 2 but I guess it's 4.

Thanks