PDA

View Full Version : Need help with shower

rem_pss308
09-23-2008, 09:41 AM
1999 X-star shower motor doesnt come on.

I can turn on all three acc. switches, and no shower motor.
Could it be it is wired to another switch?

I took the motor loose, and there is a red wire going to what looks like a switch on the motor. Like maybe when you turn on the water it might activate the shower motor.

anyone have any input on how to test it?

I have a volt meter, and the red wires have 12 volts going to them.

BrianM
09-23-2008, 10:10 AM
They are demand pumps. So it will only come on if it needs to. I don't think mine will come on if I just flip the switch with it on the trailer.

Hollywood
09-23-2008, 11:15 AM
^^^ Yeah, if the nozzle/head isn't open the pump won't turn on if it can't flow. I suppose you could turn it on and open up the nozzle to test but I wouldn't want to be running it dry.

Gonzo
09-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Come on guys, your going to let him get away with that thread title? :) :)

rem_pss308
09-23-2008, 12:16 PM
I havent remembered to try it when on the water.
The guy I bought it from said it worked.

I will try it next time out.

Go ahead give it to me about the title. I can take it. 8p

rem_pss308
09-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Tried it this weekend.

Still not working. Mine doesnt have any valves at the engine where it is attached.
I hooked up the hose, and turned the hot and cold on and nothing would happen ( engine was running )

anyone have any ideas what to check next.

Should I maybe get a new pump.

what kind of pump, and where would I get one.

flipper
09-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Is there a plugged screen somewhere?

Hollywood
09-29-2008, 12:30 PM
Don't go ordering a new pump since you still haven't determined it doesn't work. Jump a hot 12 V to it and see if it kicks on briefly.

BrianM
09-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Maybe stating the obvious but are you turning on the valve at the shower head?

WTRSK1R
09-29-2008, 12:52 PM
There is a pressure switch on the pump that will only turn the motor on if it sees that the flow in the line needs more pressure. It is a small black square on the end of the pump IIRC. If you have 12 volts to the pump, and there is no flow, it is probably either the switch or the pump itself as long as you have the shower head turned on. If you order a new pump, the switch is part of it, so it will not matter either way.

I had a similiar problem on mine, and I was able to bypass the pressure switch, but it has been a while, so I do not remember if I jumpered the switch or what I did.

It turned out to be one of the brushes in the pump motor was stuck and the spring could not push it againt the armiture for the motor. I sanded all four sides of the brush down a bit so that it slid smoothly in the brush mount and it has been good for roughly 1 year now.

Good Luck.

rem_pss308
09-29-2008, 05:40 PM
Well the motor is toast. Looks like its had water in it. I took it apart to look at the bushings, and lots of rust, and small peices fell out. : (

Anyone know where to get a replacement?

jwroblew
09-29-2008, 05:50 PM
northern tool

Hollywood
09-30-2008, 12:04 PM
eBay, I payed like $50 for mine w/ shipping

rem_pss308
09-30-2008, 01:52 PM
Pump was shot out. Took it apart to check the bushings. rust everywhere. Looks like it had gotten water in it.

found a new one.

http://www.boatersoutlet.com/heatercraftshowerpump.aspx

thanks for the help guys. ( As always )

rem_pss308
10-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Installed new pump. Cold worked but no hot water. took lines aprt, and there was a lot of rust. and the hot water line was clogged. reistalled it, and will check it this weekend.