PDA

View Full Version : oil up again

kycat2007
09-22-2008, 03:43 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080922/ap_on_bi_ge/oil_prices

This cannot help our economy and it is not over supply and demand. This is wrong on so many levels as this will surely push gas back to $4 a gallon.

03 35th Anniversary
09-22-2008, 03:44 PM
Imagine that the price of oil still SUCKS!!!!!!

TMCNo1
09-22-2008, 03:52 PM
Oh no, not again!40431

D3skier
09-22-2008, 04:21 PM
would be nice if our government actually did something about these obserd prices...like that will ever happen

88 PS190
09-22-2008, 04:40 PM
We've stayed around 4 bucks a gallon around chicago, occasionally regular will be in the 3.90 range, but its been awhile since I've seen an honest 3.70 for regular.

djhuff
09-23-2008, 08:16 AM
It's going back down again this morning.

I know this is debateable, but the supply is NOT getting tight. We still have much of our refining capacity off-line, so we can't take that much oil (hence why gas prices have not come down yet to match the price in oil). I believe this is purely speculation buyers. That is the only reason for the wild fluctuations. With the stock market fluctuating as much as it has been, and the announced mortgage bailout weakening the dollar, investors are moving to commodities, which are somewhat immune to a weakening dollar.

JimN
09-23-2008, 08:45 AM
"would be nice if our government actually did something about these obserd prices"

Like what? Stop buying it and open the reserves which would then run low and our suppliers can reduce their supply, specifically to screw us?

If you have some kind of idea, why not share it?

Jorski
09-23-2008, 10:07 AM
I believe this is purely speculation buyers. That is the only reason for the wild fluctuations.
'

Sort of:

Yesterday was short sellers (who artificially pushed oil lower) forced to cover the October contract.

I know you guys don't want to believe this; however, the bias in trading/speculating has been on the short side. As hedge funds are forced to delever, prices will rise, not fall.

cmw
09-23-2008, 11:00 AM
Here in Atlanta we are just happy to get gas at any price. I am going home at lunch to get the boat and fill up. I couple stations in our area got gas an hour ago. I'm guessing they will be out by tonight.

6ballsisall
09-23-2008, 11:02 AM
Here in Atlanta we are just happy to get gas at any price. I am going home at lunch to get the boat and fill up. I couple stations in our area got gas an hour ago. I'm guessing they will be out by tonight.

What part of Atlanta? The stations up here in Forsyth county run out within a few hours as they aren't getting full loads. People are literally following tanker trucks around to see where they are going to drop fuel.

cmw
09-23-2008, 01:16 PM
What part of Atlanta? The stations up here in Forsyth county run out within a few hours as they aren't getting full loads. People are literally following tanker trucks around to see where they are going to drop fuel.

Marietta. I went out for lunch to fill up. One station had gas. They were lined up 40 deep with cones and people directing traffic. A news chopper overhead and traffic was a mess. I feel kinda bad pulling in with a Tahoe and a Mastercraft. My carbon footprint must be huge.

Monte
09-23-2008, 01:40 PM
'

Sort of:

Yesterday was short sellers (who artificially pushed oil lower) forced to cover the October contract.

I know you guys don't want to believe this; however, the bias in trading/speculating has been on the short side. As hedge funds are forced to delever, prices will rise, not fall.

The reason they keep rising is because of people like YOU "speculating" that they will rise.:mad: I'm sure it doesn't have any effect on your pocketbook;)

Jorski
09-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Well, yes, I am long oil...but the short sellers covering were yeaterday's boogie man.

Wish I was big enough to blame...but I'm not:D

lanier92prostar
09-23-2008, 01:44 PM
Marietta. I went out for lunch to fill up. One station had gas. They were lined up 40 deep with cones and people directing traffic. A news chopper overhead and traffic was a mess. I feel kinda bad pulling in with a Tahoe and a Mastercraft. My carbon footprint must be huge.

You ski on Alatoona? At least you have water.
No different than a 2500 pulling a mastercraft. I have given up on the lake. Can't find gas in my area and don't have water in my lake.

cmw
09-23-2008, 02:01 PM
You ski on Alatoona? At least you have water.
No different than a 2500 pulling a mastercraft. I have given up on the lake. Can't find gas in my area and don't have water in my lake.

Allatoona has been nice the last two weeks. Glass @ 10:00am last Sunday. I siphon a little gas from my wife's Toyota every night and I'm ready to go by the weekend. She thinks I should by a new Tahoe, because her gas mileage is not much better than mine. A win win situation for me.

Skipper
09-24-2008, 07:44 AM
Do they use oil in Canada?

TX.X-30 fan
09-24-2008, 08:28 AM
Congress just doesn't get it, we need a strong signal that we intend to become energy independent using everything we have.

Congressional approval rating around 10%

TMCNo1
09-24-2008, 08:36 AM
Congress just doesn't get it, we need a strong signal that we intend to become energy independent using everything we have.

Congressional approval rating around 10%

It's pitiful when hookers have a higher approval rating than congress! Could it be with Congress, we're the one getting screwed?http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_9_10.gif

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=[object Object]&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb097_ZSYYYYYYYYUS&utm_id=7925)

Jorski
09-24-2008, 08:58 AM
Do they use oil in Canada?

No, we run our cars on oil from whale blubber -gggg

gregte
09-24-2008, 09:06 AM
Here is my solution to high gas prices. Everytime I take it out for a ride I realize how little of an issue gas is to waterskiing.

atlfootr
09-25-2008, 08:48 AM
Plenty of gas down here, went past this station Sept 12 ... may of gone up a couple of cents since.

atlfootr
09-25-2008, 09:27 AM
Traffic at the pumps ...

2000mcxstar
09-25-2008, 10:00 AM
here in missouri, i just paid $3.25 last night, i dont know when it came down, but i pulled into the gas station and saw it, and all I can say is that it was glorious!

JimN
09-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Sure, throw it in our faces again!

You know that MO has some of the lowest gas and oil prices in the country, right? I'm pretty sure the difference is in how much tax is added, but still, it's something to be thankful for.

I have relatives in SE Kansas and we went there for a visit in the late '60s. I don't remember exactly where it was but two old coots with stations across the street from each other were having a gas price war. We went to the one that was charging 14.9/gal and passed on the one charging 17.9.

That hurts me.